Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I guess depends when you want the free breakfast buffet that comes with the 5th night free promotion.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
Did they change the policy on the resort fee for all-points bookings? I just booked a club level room fully on points, but my confirmation email states a resort fee cost.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:58 pm

Stayed three nights on points 12/31. Did not pay resort fee.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and help answer a few questions.

My husband, mother-in-law and three children (10, 9, 3) will be staying at the HR in April. We do have Diamond status (or I suppose it's now called Globalist for 2017).

We just called the diamond line to book two rooms, a DSU plus the adjoining room. I was told the Lahania suite is the DSU option and it's near the luau. How much noise is generated from this nightly? With kids, I don't know how well they'll end up sleeping with an excess of noise going on.

Edited: Unfortunately I'll have some time to do more planning because despite having two DSU's that expire in February, we aren't able to book a DSU for a stay in April until the new DSU's are awarded to Globalist in early March. Frustrating. I ended up looking two adjoining Oceanfront rooms until hopefully I can change things around when the new rewards are awarded.

Thanks all!

Last edited by mbourgeois; Jan 8, 2017 at 9:23 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
The luau is only on for a couple of hours. I think it finishes around 8pm. I know some complain about the noise, but I really like it
We go to Maui every February for a month and I use our DSU's here. I love the extra room for such a long stay. We usually get a high floor. Gorgeous views
Maybe you could book a cheap room now and upgrade now, with points to a suite (6,000 per day, I think it is) and then transfer over to a DSU come March 1
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
DSU available 29/1-2/2

I can no longer make my trip to Maui so the Lahania Ocean Suite will be released back to the system! The dates are Jan 29 - Feb 2! Hope someone else can redeem the DSU!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:19 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by l380
I can no longer make my trip to Maui so the Lahania Ocean Suite will be released back to the system! The dates are Jan 29 - Feb 2! Hope someone else can redeem the DSU!
Nice gesture of announcing here. Thanks.
Working in the airline industry and know how the revenue mgmt for airlines work, and assume hotels apply similar rules... so just wanted to make people aware, that a DSU cancellation does not necessarily mean that the room will be returned to the DSU bucket for re-use. That would really depend on the current/newly planned room utilization.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by frogss29
The luau is only on for a couple of hours. I think it finishes around 8pm. I know some complain about the noise, but I really like it
We go to Maui every February for a month and I use our DSU's here. I love the extra room for such a long stay. We usually get a high floor. Gorgeous views
Maybe you could book a cheap room now and upgrade now, with points to a suite (6,000 per day, I think it is) and then transfer over to a DSU come March 1
That's an excellent idea. I'm going to call and see if that's an option. Thank you so much.

Since you're a frequent guest here, any other tips about the HRM or Maui in general? Traveling with my mother-in-law is making me even more obsessive about ensuring things are organized and go smoothly.

Is the luau at the hotel worth the price, or should we venture elsewhere for that?

Thanks again!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:56 am

Here are my tips from staying there:

1. Luau is NOT worth it. You can literally watch it from outside and see the fire dancers etc. depending on the DSU you get, you can also catch a view of it from your balcony.
2. Beach isn't very good in front of the Hyatt, walk to the Sheraton's beach
3. Facilities at the Residence are much better and they let you use them. go over there and avoid the mob at the regency.
4. If you are looking for shaved ice, ululani's (spelling error am sure) is the best on the island.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
The beach in front of the spa/gym is great for kids. You can snorkel there and swim with the turtles.
If you have a Lahaina suite then you can sit on your lanai and watch it there
But, since it is your first time to Maui, maybe your family would enjoy it. It isn't my type of thing but I enjoy listening to them sing.
The food around the pool is pretty good.
Japengos (restaurant at Hyatt) is good and the view is amazing. We always book a table via the VIP consultant for our first night as a great way to start the vacation.
I am looking forward to seeing the new Club. The staff there are fabulous!!!! The kids will love it.
Honu restaurant is one of our favourites. It is about a five minute drive, 25 minute walk from the hotel.
Make sure you have a car!!!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by frogss29
The beach in front of the spa/gym is great for kids. You can snorkel there and swim with the turtles.
If you have a Lahaina suite then you can sit on your lanai and watch it there
But, since it is your first time to Maui, maybe your family would enjoy it. It isn't my type of thing but I enjoy listening to them sing.
The food around the pool is pretty good.
Japengos (restaurant at Hyatt) is good and the view is amazing. We always book a table via the VIP consultant for our first night as a great way to start the vacation.
I am looking forward to seeing the new Club. The staff there are fabulous!!!! The kids will love it.
Honu restaurant is one of our favourites. It is about a five minute drive, 25 minute walk from the hotel.
Make sure you have a car!!!
Thanks so much for all of this! I'll take pictures of the new club and post them to the thread when we return.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:08 pm

Pool deck closed at 4pm for private event

Staying for a few days and happened upon a sign by the pool announcing the closure. Major degradation of a key feature and driver of choice to stay here. Would the property issue points to a Diamond member for this?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Staying for a few days and happened upon a sign by the pool announcing the closure. Major degradation of a key feature and driver of choice to stay here. Would the property issue points to a Diamond member for this?
Go to the pool next door at the Residence Club.....it's better anyway!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Go to the pool next door at the Residence Club.....it's better anyway!
Many resorts close the pool area for private functions and I've been there numerous times when they were closed.

I never even thought that I might be entitled to something... and I certainly wouldn't ask because a 4pm pool closure is more than reasonable IMHO.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I don't get that you feel it's ok that public spaces at a property are closed for paying guests.... You rent more than just the room, and it's normal that you expect to use all facilities a property offers at any time you would like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.