Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life

Is this property now open? Any review yet?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
Is this property now open? Any review yet?
thought it was suppose to open in March 2012.

saw the Hyatt Place sign on the building last week driving by.

see: http://investors.hyatt.com/phoenix.z...cle&id=1656274. from the article, Feb 2 was the opening date.

looks bookable NOW.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
The Hyatt Place San Jose is now open I was invited to a tour. It's the first of the second generations of Hyatt Places. The lobby has that typical Hyatt Place look but much larger, they were still adding some final touches when I visited. The rooms are totally redone, far more appealing than the first generation Hyatt Place, not so motel looking, better lighting and more luxurious. Only major drawback there is no central air, each room has that air unit you see at all Hyatt Place Hotels.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Sounds nice but at the current rate (+ PARKING!) it may not be so good for MR. No shuttle to the airport either.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I stopped in to walk through the lobby a few weeks ago.. looked like a typical HP lobby...there was some sort of teenage function going on there and it was mobbed with loud mouth kids...so I didnt stay long. In response to no shuttle to airport..It isnt very far to the airport so taxi fare shouldnt be very much (less than $20?? my guess). However..the light rail which is basically outside the door is very convenient.. It will take you to a shuttle stop near the airport for a free airport shuttle (VTA 10) that goes right to the airport. You are also directly across the street from the Center for Performing Arts, which is the main (large) venue for plays, ballet, etc.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed there last week. On the plus side:

The front desk staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful.

Good location and easy parking.

Great breakfast and lots of freshly cooked food.

High speed PCs and printers available FOC.

Less positive:

Room rate is high and parking is $19 - for a single night with AAA rate and the four taxes added to the bill plus parking it was over $220 for a HP!

No pool although can use Hilton pool.

Slow elevators.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
This Hyatt Place used to be the old Crowne Plaza. I got placed in the top floor many times as an upgrade because I am a Priority Club Platinum. Be aware that this is hotel is directly below the landing path for SJC. As those morning flights start to arrive, you will feel the building vibrate as the thrust of the jet engine hits the side of building - fairly early in the morning. This is probably why Crowne Plaza hands out earplugs every night I've also stayed across the street at the Hilton and the Hilton is better build, so you don't hear the vibration as the aircraft moves over the hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Positives-Lobby was very nice and appealing. Probably the biggest HP lobby. Parking next door.

Breakfast was good. Egg whites and spinach sandwiches. Dunkin Donut style. Not bad.

Great shower head!!

Negatives-Took 20 minutes to check in. No kiosk and only one galley host checking people in. Flight crews were coming in every 5 minutes and
Would cut ahead.

No Diamond Recognition

Parking $20.00. Lots of street parking. Save the 20 and park on the street.

Requested a quiet room was given the room next to the elevators on a low floor. Light rail was extremely loud and lots and lots of airplanes. I dont blame them for the airplanes but a low floor next to the train. Bad!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Stayed there last week. On the plus side:

The front desk staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful.

Good location and easy parking.

Great breakfast and lots of freshly cooked food.

High speed PCs and printers available FOC.

Less positive:

Room rate is high and parking is $19 - for a single night with AAA rate and the four taxes added to the bill plus parking it was over $220 for a HP!

No pool although can use Hilton pool.

Slow elevators.
How do you use the Hilton pool? Is this a shared, or do you just walk over and use it?

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The only reasons to stay at this property are (1) mattress run, or (2) every other property in the valley is sold out.

Originally Posted by wlau
Be aware that this is hotel is directly below the landing path for SJC. As those morning flights start to arrive, you will feel the building vibrate as the thrust of the jet engine hits the side of building - fairly early in the morning.
I didn't believe this when I read it, having stayed many times at the Fairmont and also the Marriott and never having noticed aircraft noise. But it is absolutely true. There is also quite a bit of noise from the street (windows are single paned) and the hallway.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kacee
The only reasons to stay at this property are (1) mattress run, or (2) every other property in the valley is sold out.
I agree with #2. This hotel sucks compared to every other hyatt within the SF bay area.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very surprised to see that this place just opened in 2012. The bed I slept in there felt much older than that. The whole place felt older. Was it a refurb of something else?

Agreed that this was NOT a great hotel. Parking is now $26.

Booked a king room, but got a queen. It was late, and we didn't have the energy to go down and change it.

Anyone have an email address for this specific location?
Old May 8, 2017, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by josephstern
Very surprised to see that this place just opened in 2012.
It was a remodel of an old property. Crowne Plaza is reported below.

Very cheap construction. Not a place I would ever stay again.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
only place I can think of thats worse in the hyatt bay area network is Fremont.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
I am staying here right now. It's downright terrible. Cracked sink, weed stench in the hallway, a previous guest's baggie of ice in the fridge when we entered the room, mold on the shower walls...

This place should lose its Hyatt branding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.