FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1314762-hyatt-place-san-jose-downtown-review-master-thread.html)

PokerHammy Feb 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Is this property now open? Any review yet?

myperks Feb 16, 2012 1:00 am

Originally Posted by PokerHammy (Post 18024902)
Is this property now open? Any review yet?

thought it was suppose to open in March 2012.

saw the Hyatt Place sign on the building last week driving by.

see: http://investors.hyatt.com/phoenix.z...cle&id=1656274. from the article, Feb 2 was the opening date.

looks bookable NOW.

Radiant Flyer Feb 17, 2012 1:09 am

The Hyatt Place San Jose is now open I was invited to a tour. It's the first of the second generations of Hyatt Places. The lobby has that typical Hyatt Place look but much larger, they were still adding some final touches when I visited. The rooms are totally redone, far more appealing than the first generation Hyatt Place, not so motel looking, better lighting and more luxurious. Only major drawback there is no central air, each room has that air unit you see at all Hyatt Place Hotels.

PokerHammy Feb 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Sounds nice but at the current rate (+ PARKING!) it may not be so good for MR. :p No shuttle to the airport either.

retirementdreams Apr 3, 2012 3:53 pm

I stopped in to walk through the lobby a few weeks ago.. looked like a typical HP lobby...there was some sort of teenage function going on there and it was mobbed with loud mouth kids...so I didnt stay long. In response to no shuttle to airport..It isnt very far to the airport so taxi fare shouldnt be very much (less than $20?? my guess). However..the light rail which is basically outside the door is very convenient.. It will take you to a shuttle stop near the airport for a free airport shuttle (VTA 10) that goes right to the airport. You are also directly across the street from the Center for Performing Arts, which is the main (large) venue for plays, ballet, etc.

BAGoldBoy Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am

Stayed there last week. On the plus side:

The front desk staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful.

Good location and easy parking.

Great breakfast and lots of freshly cooked food.

High speed PCs and printers available FOC.

Less positive:

Room rate is high and parking is $19 - for a single night with AAA rate and the four taxes added to the bill plus parking it was over $220 for a HP!

No pool although can use Hilton pool.

Slow elevators.

wlau Jun 11, 2012 10:34 am

This Hyatt Place used to be the old Crowne Plaza. I got placed in the top floor many times as an upgrade because I am a Priority Club Platinum. Be aware that this is hotel is directly below the landing path for SJC. As those morning flights start to arrive, you will feel the building vibrate as the thrust of the jet engine hits the side of building - fairly early in the morning. This is probably why Crowne Plaza hands out earplugs every night :) I've also stayed across the street at the Hilton and the Hilton is better build, so you don't hear the vibration as the aircraft moves over the hotel.

LASUA1K Jun 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Positives-Lobby was very nice and appealing. Probably the biggest HP lobby. Parking next door.

Breakfast was good. Egg whites and spinach sandwiches. Dunkin Donut style. Not bad.

Great shower head!!

Negatives-Took 20 minutes to check in. No kiosk and only one galley host checking people in. Flight crews were coming in every 5 minutes and
Would cut ahead.

No Diamond Recognition

Parking $20.00. Lots of street parking. Save the 20 and park on the street.

Requested a quiet room was given the room next to the elevators on a low floor. Light rail was extremely loud and lots and lots of airplanes. I dont blame them for the airplanes but a low floor next to the train. Bad!

jlsf Apr 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy (Post 18731540)
Stayed there last week. On the plus side:

The front desk staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful.

Good location and easy parking.

Great breakfast and lots of freshly cooked food.

High speed PCs and printers available FOC.

Less positive:

Room rate is high and parking is $19 - for a single night with AAA rate and the four taxes added to the bill plus parking it was over $220 for a HP!

No pool although can use Hilton pool.

Slow elevators.

How do you use the Hilton pool? Is this a shared, or do you just walk over and use it?

Thanks.

Kacee Oct 13, 2014 11:01 pm

The only reasons to stay at this property are (1) mattress run, or (2) every other property in the valley is sold out.

Originally Posted by wlau (Post 18736583)
Be aware that this is hotel is directly below the landing path for SJC. As those morning flights start to arrive, you will feel the building vibrate as the thrust of the jet engine hits the side of building - fairly early in the morning.

I didn't believe this when I read it, having stayed many times at the Fairmont and also the Marriott and never having noticed aircraft noise. But it is absolutely true. There is also quite a bit of noise from the street (windows are single paned) and the hallway.

austin_modern Oct 14, 2014 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 23673142)
The only reasons to stay at this property are (1) mattress run, or (2) every other property in the valley is sold out.

I agree with #2. This hotel sucks compared to every other hyatt within the SF bay area.

josephstern May 8, 2017 9:19 am

Very surprised to see that this place just opened in 2012. The bed I slept in there felt much older than that. The whole place felt older. Was it a refurb of something else?

Agreed that this was NOT a great hotel. Parking is now $26.

Booked a king room, but got a queen. It was late, and we didn't have the energy to go down and change it.

Anyone have an email address for this specific location?

Kacee May 8, 2017 9:55 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 28283537)
Very surprised to see that this place just opened in 2012.

It was a remodel of an old property. Crowne Plaza is reported below.

Very cheap construction. Not a place I would ever stay again.

austin_modern May 8, 2017 10:52 am

only place I can think of thats worse in the hyatt bay area network is Fremont.

sullim4 Oct 7, 2017 10:31 am

I am staying here right now. It's downright terrible. Cracked sink, weed stench in the hallway, a previous guest's baggie of ice in the fridge when we entered the room, mold on the shower walls...

This place should lose its Hyatt branding.