Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: points traveller
any had experiences with an infant here?

points stay shows up when booking under 2A, but not when 2A, 1C.

any ideas?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by diningdecadence

any ideas?
email the hotel:
[email protected]

best to communicate direct with hotel
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB

any ideas?
I stayed here with 2A and 2C both where under 2. Emailed property and they where ok with that. YMMV
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by BOSOGG

email the hotel:
[email protected]

best to communicate direct with hotel
thanks

generic response
"Thank you very much for your interest in our Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

Kindly note that the standard rooms dedicated to book using points or free night awards can accommodate up to two guests only. However, we have suites available to book using points."

​​​​

Originally Posted by KL808
I stayed here with 2A and 2C both where under 2. Emailed property and they where ok with that. YMMV
did you just do the standard room with a queen bed? and they put cots in for you? did you tell them in advance after booking that you'd need a cot?

Cheers
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
I booked standard room and used a TSU for a suite. Im Globalist so not sure if that helped. They asked if I needed a cot but we declined. I contacted the hotel first before booking to make sure that they would allow the 4 of us in a standard suite.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Stayed at the PHV recently... and was quite disappointed. It did not have the charm as it did 5 years ago.

Lack of attention by staff, inconsistent housekeeping service, and shades that were not functioning properly. Contacted the FOM after the stay, but received no response. When I contacted the GM, received a generic, "thanks for your feedback. We will use them to improve our services in the future". Not personal at all...

Received better service at the Hyatt Regency Nice & Hotel Martinez at a fraction of the nightly cost.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:00 pm

any ideas?
We too stayed with an infant, and it felt like arm wrestling to get a room that would accommodate 3 of us. At first, they offered us an upgrade to a Park Room using points, for 100 euros per night. We ended up just paying for a rate that included breakfast... and took our chances at check-in for an upgrade.

I hear French laws are pretty strict about having extra people in the room above the maximum occupancy allowed...
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fishy21
Stayed at the PHV recently... and was quite disappointed. It did not have the charm as it did 5 years ago.

Lack of attention by staff, inconsistent housekeeping service, and shades that were not functioning properly. Contacted the FOM after the stay, but received no response. When I contacted the GM, received a generic, "thanks for your feedback. We will use them to improve our services in the future". Not personal at all...

Received better service at the Hyatt Regency Nice & Hotel Martinez at a fraction of the nightly cost.
That would boil my blood the most. You could escalate it to Corporate or shame them on social media and I bet they change their tune.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
It appears the downward movement of the quality of service continues
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is the GM still the one that everyone was raving about? IIRC his name was Claudio, apparently an Italian older gentleman with lots of luxury hotel experience.

BTW I met him and my impression was more that he talked a good game.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Apr 4, 2018 at 8:39 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the GM still the one that everyone was raving about? IIRC his name was Claudio, apparently an Italian older gentleman with lots of luxury hotel experience.

BTW I met him an my impression was more that he talked a good game.
Yes, Claudio was who I contacted and received the generic response.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:05 pm

Is it recommended to contact Hyatt Corporate via the Hyatt website (Share Feedback on a Recent Stay)?

I don't want my feedback to get lost or just sent back to the hotel...

Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fishy21
Is it recommended to contact Hyatt Corporate via the Hyatt website (Share Feedback on a Recent Stay)?

I don't want my feedback to get lost or just sent back to the hotel...

Thanks.
Hyatt Consumer Affairs has been pretty good to me.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
thats him he opened the PH Milan and made it a great property to stay at, then on to the Martinez and then to PHV. I was like many happy to see that but have been vastly disappointed in recant stays so much so the next trip we are trying a different hotel.

Sad as we have enjoyed for the most part the past 12 years staying there annually.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
thats him he opened the PH Milan and made it a great property to stay at, then on to the Martinez and then to PHV. I was like many happy to see that but have been vastly disappointed in recant stays so much so the next trip we are trying a different hotel.

Sad as we have enjoyed for the most part the past 12 years staying there annually.

That's disappointing. I enjoyed Hotel Martinez & PH Milan. I wonder what happened with PHV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.