FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

alanisrox69 Jul 3, 2012 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by spankytoes (Post 18865687)
To play devil's advocate, breakfast is not a Platinum amenity. You were treated to breakfast as part of their service, not Hyatt policy. So, if the only charge you had to pay for was eggs, consider yourself pretty lucky. 6 Euros for a full breakfast in Paris is pretty salty. (Especially in the Vendome neighborhood) The fact that they took it off the bill was gracious as they specifically stated that eggs were not included.

For what its worth, bacon is definitely included as I got a bowl of it each morning. I still salivate over the chocolate mousse in shot glasses, little silver spoons and fresh strawberries. On the other hand, the Pop Tart I had this morning was good…

While breakfast is not an amenity, I was offered it complimentary, with the words "Full American Breakfast"...

Bacon was not offered, eggs and meat was extra. Anything hot that had to be 'ordered' was not included. The only hot item on the buffet area that I can think of was the quiche -- which was quite tasty.

There was no mousse in glasses, did this have to be ordered through the server?

again, I'm not complaining, I'm grateful for the free stay (well, I did order a room service burger late at night, at a cost of 40 euros!), and free breakfast. Still, with the "quality" of this hotel, it shouldn't have been so confusing and demeaning to obtain my 'free' breakfast.

SPLP007 Jul 3, 2012 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by alanisrox69 (Post 18866065)
While breakfast is not an amenity, I was offered it complimentary, with the words "Full American Breakfast"...

Bacon was not offered, eggs and meat was extra. Anything hot that had to be 'ordered' was not included. The only hot item on the buffet area that I can think of was the quiche -- which was quite tasty.

There was no mousse in glasses, did this have to be ordered through the server?

again, I'm not complaining, I'm grateful for the free stay (well, I did order a room service burger late at night, at a cost of 40 euros!), and free breakfast. Still, with the "quality" of this hotel, it shouldn't have been so confusing and demeaning to obtain my 'free' breakfast.

The stay is not "FREE" we pay with points that we earn , that is why we are and should be treated as any other guest , not healthy to think we stay free LOL!

tjbrooks Jul 3, 2012 6:51 pm

Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forwards

On the topic of breakfast, is coffee/tea included? Espresso?

edgewood49 Jul 3, 2012 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks (Post 18866613)
On the topic of breakfast, is coffee/tea included? Espresso?

everything !

alanisrox69 Jul 3, 2012 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by SPLP007 (Post 18866434)
The stay is not "FREE" we pay with points that we earn , that is why we are and should be treated as any other guest , not healthy to think we stay free LOL!

True! In fact, I used 44k Chase points. I would've probably been better off using them for a flight (my AA JFK to LON flight was 50k points for Business class -- cash ticket cost was something like $3000...)

either way, my idea behind my trip was to spend as little real $ as possible. I guess the points are more valuable using them for a flight, but I had plenty of points for the flight both ways + hotels.

OverThereTooMuch Jul 4, 2012 1:35 am

crimson - "hybrid" seems fine :)

Originally Posted by alanisrox69 (Post 18865415)
That's kind of like saying, here's a dozen doughnuts, but you can only eat 10.

Another excellent example of a Full American breakfast! ^

poorbanker Jul 5, 2012 5:49 am

Sorry if this question has been answered a million times before...

Which is better - Vendome or Madeleine?

Right now I'm booked for 3 free nights at the Vendome and 1 at the Madeleine. I think I can get 4 at the Madeleine though.

Should I do that or stick with changing hotels?

alanisrox69 Jul 5, 2012 6:22 am

Originally Posted by poorbanker (Post 18873603)
Sorry if this question has been answered a million times before...

Which is better - Vendome or Madeleine?

Right now I'm booked for 3 free nights at the Vendome and 1 at the Madeleine. I think I can get 4 at the Madeleine though.

Should I do that or stick with changing hotels?

I was upgraded to a Deluxe room at Madeleine, but probably only by chance. I heard the rooms there are VERY small if you don't get one of the 'deluxe' rooms. Apparently there are even smaller rooms for gold passport awards that I read on some forums. I would stick with changing. I had to change for my last night in Paris too and it was no big deal. Checked out at 2pm at Vendome, taxi'ed over to Madeleine (3mins), checked in in 5mins and I was back to my day....

JIMCHI Jul 5, 2012 8:38 am

Have stayed at both. Vendome is nicer and, I think, is better located.

Goodmorning2U Jul 12, 2012 7:08 am

Paid upgrade question

Originally Posted by JIMCHI (Post 18874321)
Have stayed at both. Vendome is nicer and, I think, is better located.

I apologize if this question has been asked in the past. I'm looking for recent guest experiences with attempting to pay for upgrades at check-in. Has anyone had success negotiating an upgrade on the day of check-in, at a reduced cost? I'm particularly interested in the cost to upgrade to the Park Suite (more of a larger room) from a Park Queen (on points).

Also, I don't think many take advantage of the bike program. I've enjoyed staying here twice this past year and cannot more highly recommend it. They provide the helmet, water, and a good bike at no extra charge. Taking it out in the early morning for a ride around Paris on the quiet weekends is fantastic!

alanisrox69 Jul 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U (Post 18915830)
I apologize if this question has been asked in the past. I'm looking for recent guest experiences with attempting to pay for upgrades at check-in. Has anyone had success negotiating an upgrade on the day of check-in, at a reduced cost? I'm particularly interested in the cost to upgrade to the Park Suite (more of a larger room) from a Park Queen (on points).

Also, I don't think many take advantage of the bike program. I've enjoyed staying here twice this past year and cannot more highly recommend it. They provide the helmet, water, and a good bike at no extra charge. Taking it out in the early morning for a ride around Paris on the quiet weekends is fantastic!

Had I known about a bike program I would've taken advantage of it! Is this publically posted somewhere?

Goodmorning2U Jul 14, 2012 6:41 am

Originally Posted by alanisrox69 (Post 18918127)
Had I known about a bike program I would've taken advantage of it! Is this publically posted somewhere?

Yes, I remember it being posted somewhere in the room. This, however, is not how I learned about it. I was interested in renting a bike as soon as I got to Paris but couldn't rent one because my cc doesn't have the type of security chip the machines require so I asked the concierge if they knew of a way I could rent a bike. When he responded that they have a bike program I was very impressed.

Does anyone have information on my paid upgrade question a post above?

MikeFromTokyo Jul 14, 2012 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U (Post 18928042)
Does anyone have information on my paid upgrade question a post above?

The hotel confirms upgrades upon payment of the difference in rack rate between base (award) category and either Park Deluxe or Park Suite.

Ducatibiker Jul 14, 2012 10:18 am

Originally Posted by alanisrox69 (Post 18918127)

There is a very efficient bike program organized by the city of Paris
http://en.velib.paris.fr/

Goodmorning2U Jul 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Ducatibiker (Post 18928935)
There is a very efficient bike program organized by the city of Paris
http://en.velib.paris.fr/

Thank you for the information on the paid upgrades!

Yes, Velib is a great program except that it doesn't work with almost all north american credit cards (and at least one or two north americans would enjoy supporting this program). Having it as a perk of staying at the Park Hyatt Vendome is another example of their fantastic service. I can't wait to go back.