FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

SPLP007 Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm

[QUOTE=JoshC;18731833]WOW - I am surprised to hear about the bad things happening to some at this hotel. I am actually at the PHV as I type this and other than one item misplaced by laundry all has been wonderful. Both of my visits here have been near perfect. I really enjoy staying at this location - so much I am actually paying with cash on a personal visit (had to use Diamond status to get a room as they are sold out) and not with points as the point rooms were not available as with my earlier stay.

The one item misplaced is only a Tumi med folding pack that I gave them when I checked in at 8am the other day. The room understandably was not ready when I arrived so I gave them the pack so all of my dressier clothing in it could be pressed and ready for wear that evening and so on. I then went to wonder around Paris and a few hours later the room was ready. I called the desk after the clothing was delivered informing them about the loss and they have been looking for it. They are actually a little over apologetic about it and hopefully it turns up before I depart on Tuesday.

Luckily, I will not have a problem with check out as I rarely do it in person. I simply call down, tell them and go. They can email me the bill, my time is worth more than waiting for a printed copy to me. :)[/QUOTE saying I think ur saying that the hotel lost and can not find ur dressier clothes that are now missing

Well at least we now find out that not everything works perfectly at the hotel and when that happens it all comes down to how they handle the problem! ---as I think your saying they lost your Tumi ( valet pack ) and after looking for a full day they can not find it --- my experience --if a hotel lost item is not found quickly --it stays lost !-- suggest on ur walks in Paris start to look for a replacement , I would request a reimbursement if u need to buy one . If you are like me --some things become old friends and hate to lose them -- good luck on finding it and enjoy Paris

JoshC Jun 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Yes, the valet is what is missing. All of the clothing made it back to me so the trip is not damaged by spending half a day trying to find something to wear and then another day re-ordering my fitted shirts/jackets.

The Manager has insisted on replacing the bag/items already - and keeps saying he does not expect me to pay for anything. (I assume he means the press job.)

I just received a call from him (2nd one today from the desk total) and I had a little trouble getting him to understand that only the bag is missing and I have the clothes. He seemed rather relieved when it did sink in as he was expecting the worst scenario.

Luckily as I said, it is just the bag ($45 or so) and although I like the item, it is easily replaced and its loss certainly will not ruin my trip. :)

I will give an update on how it goes after check out Tuesday - or when I have one.

SPLP007 Jun 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Luckily as I said, it is just the bag ($45 or so) and although I like the item, it is easily replaced and its loss certainly will not ruin my trip. :)

I will give an update on how it goes after check out Tuesday - or when I have one.[/QUOTE]

for some reason I thought in terms of a "leather " pack like this at $695.00

http://www.luggagepros.com/tumi-arri...xe-brief.shtml

raden Jun 12, 2012 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 18633166)
'Will you be okay' as in 'will they let you in'? Of course, no-one will say a word and you will be attended to with excellent grace. There is absolutely no need for a blazer or jacket.

The Nikes. 'Will you be okay' as in 'will everyone instantly know that you are an American'? Yes. 111%. Only Americans would possibly consider Nikes to be suitable footwear in a Michelin-starred restaurant in a 'palace' hotel in the global home of fine fashion. You may as well wear a fanny pack and a Yankees cap.

If you don't care that the rest of the restaurant will be sighing in Gallic condescension, then wear the Nikes. If you do, then find the space for the decent shoes.

PS this is all meant in good grace, but honestly. No-one will ever say anything, but the Nikes mean that they will all be thinking 'look at that uncouth American'

Don't take it the wrong way but you are in the style capital of the world. Wear a sharp suit and some good shoes - you'll feel better for it.

JoshC Jun 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forwards

I would have to agree - dress appropriately for your own good. Whenever there is a question - there is no question.

Well, the found my Tumi bag. I walked in the room last night and there it was. And for the trouble they waived the cleaning/pressing fees that by all rights should have been over $100 total. At this rate, I hope they loose something on the next trip.... Again, I could not be happier with this location. I will certainly be back.

Alpha Jun 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Can anyone comment on whether a club level room is worth an extra 5K points per night?

redtop43 Jun 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha (Post 18773076)
Can anyone comment on whether a club level room is worth an extra 5K points per night?

I don't think PHV has club rooms. The choices are a Park Queen or Park Twin for 22K points or a suite for 33K.

Alpha Jun 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 18773110)
I don't think PHV has club rooms. The choices are a Park Queen or Park Twin for 22K points or a suite for 33K.

Got it. Thanks.

Alpha Jun 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Is it worth 11K points extra for the suite?

edgewood49 Jun 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha (Post 18773194)
Is it worth 11K points extra for the suite?

In April I got a Park King Suite for 28K per night and it was well well worth it and this was not our first time here but having already been in Italy for a week the extra large bathroom with hangers and built in's worked well.

Will book same again next year.

SPLP007 Jun 18, 2012 11:01 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49 (Post 18773209)
In April I got a Park King Suite for 28K per night and it was well well worth it and this was not our first time here but having already been in Italy for a week the extra large bathroom with hangers and built in's worked well.

How did u get it for 28k :confused:-- charts show it as 33k:eek:

stayed 2 weeks ago, suite ok to nice , have stayed in nicer suites in other hotels for same price or less but sure is better than a regular room --if do not spend a lot of time in room may not be worth the extra cost

edgewood49 Jun 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by SPLP007 (Post 18776766)
How did u get it for 28k :confused:-- charts show it as 33k:eek:

stayed 2 weeks ago, suite ok to nice , have stayed in nicer suites in other hotels for same price or less but sure is better than a regular room --if do not spend a lot of time in room may not be worth the extra cost

booked 22K a night reward, called Diamond desk and they got me suite upgrade for 6K a night.

I would suppose if you only came in for the night and slept, got up showered and left but we were on a two week trip and enjoyed being able to just relax in a larger room with a lot of room i in the bathrooms!

Conversely we had a standard queen in Milan and it was beautiful a bit small but never the less a Park Hyatt room! If you have not tried the Milan property I would encourage you to and it's only a little over an hour to Como by car. easy drive.

PETERPNYC Jun 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49 (Post 18773209)

I stayed in Deluxe King Room that had a nice size bathroom . When you say hangers and built ins if you are referring to the closet I had a large walk in closet.

I also had hooks for our robes in bathroom. I had a small table round with a chair , And a wall desk / workplace but it was not called a Suite.

crimson12 Jun 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 18783777)
I stayed in Deluxe King Room that had a nice size bathroom . When you say hangers and built ins if you are referring to the closet I had a large walk in closet.

I also had hooks for our robes in bathroom. I had a small table round with a chair , And a wall desk / workplace but it was not called a Suite.

That's essentially what we had and we were in a "Park Queen". We did not, however, have a walk in closet. The bathroom was quite large -- separate shower and bathtub, and everything you mentioned was in the rest of the room, but it was a little tight (especially because we had a crib). But we did have a nice little terrace that looked out onto Rue de la Paix where we could drink champagne after the baby went to sleep.

None of which is particularly relevant to your post but, sigh, that was a nice time.

edgewood49 Jun 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 18783777)

It appears that there are a number of differing configurations in the rooms and suites. I think if you have a small "terrace" or balcony to us in the US then you lose some of the size.

But having said that any room at the PHV is a great room !!!!

Also my vote for the best breakfast buffet going