Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So has this issue been addressed?

for those there in the past couple of months, how was your wifi access (the one you are paying for in your resort fee?)

I'm still waffling between this property and the Hyatt Place

Never been to the HP, my last stay here was great but that was four years (pre resort fee (barf) ago as a diamond. It doesn't sound so hot anymore especially considering I don't have any Hyatt status.

Right now I have this at the old points rate and the HP and a deluxe room can be had for half the points.

Really the primary reason I like this property is 1. RC and 2. beach across the street. ok and 3. Its a bit closer walk to the other places on the beach

Otherwise though, it sure sounds like the HP is a better deal over all.

I need to make a decision in 8 days (cx deadline)..

It will be two kids and me.. with a bunch of mobile devices. It's not going to be pleasant if the wifi sucks or doesn't work

how far in actual walking distance is this property to the HP?
There is now only one class of internet service offered. I am there at least every other month and have found that, in windows, I go to the Network and Sharing Center and I disable the wireless network connection, wait 15 seconds, and then enable it again it solves the internet problems for my stay. I learned this through the hotel's internet support operation.

I haven't stayed at the HP but I park next door to it at the Banyan, $80 a week.^
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
There is now only one class of internet service offered. I am there at least every other month and have found that, in windows, I go to the Network and Sharing Center and I disable the wireless network connection, wait 15 seconds, and then enable it again it solves the internet problems for my stay. I learned this through the hotel's internet support operation.

I haven't stayed at the HP but I park next door to it at the Banyan, $80 a week.^
How long of a walk from the Banyan to HR Waikiki? I imagine its a self park option, and convenient enough to consider.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by 236Dakota

Thanks for the tip on both

How long is the walk to get to your car.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I got lazy and paid for the Pacific Monarch. It's about a 10-15 minute walk (you're almost at the HP). My parents were with us, and I didn't want to have to drive in circles to drop them off and then the car and then walk back

Many people do use the Banyan, and even one of the concierges suggested it.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Thanks for the tip on both

How long is the walk to get to your car.
It is 4 blocks, 5-10 minutes.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
What's the cost of parking at HR Waikiki now? Sounds like around a $75 worth of savings over a course of a week.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:32 pm

I have a reservation here in two weeks - are the resort fees still waived for Diamonds? Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:09 pm

I believe it is. I wasn't charged last month.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The offerings in the Club seemed to have changed to more interesting. The rotating salad station remains. The main entrée yesterday night was deep friend "buffalo" chicken wings and legs with bbq sauce. This morning it was fried rice with gravy. Tonight it was small Chinese bbq buns with mustard soy sauce dip. The staff seemed to indicate this was a new menu.

We continue to appreciate receiving a upgrade after using a DSU. All staff are under the impression hard room renovations will begin but we are hearing June. Rooms or say three floors are being taken out of service to work on the exterior and in room AC. Frankly I am not sure where they are in the process.

Today we went to the Doris Duke estate in Kahala. The estate is only accessed via tour which starts at the Honolulu Museum of Art. It is a wonderful and informative tour well worth the time and effort. You can book the tour online in advance and the rate for adult is $25. The tour gives you admission to the Museum which makes the entire experience a great value. Our guide at Shangri La did an excellent job telling the story and bringing in all the Islamic art displayed at the estate. Tours are not available everyday so do your research in advance. Certainly one of the best things we have done in Hawaii.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Oops forgot the food. Ono pops and fresh baked cookies from the Coffee Bar at the Honolulu Museum of Art after the tour.

Tofu Mousse in strawberry, chocolate, pineapple and mango from Aloha Tofu bought at the Lawsons located in the Hyatt Place. Not available at the location near the Moana Surf. Yum!

Freshly made peanut butter / chocolate chip mochi from Don Quixote. Four pieces for $3.99 .

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Apr 6, 2014 at 9:45 pm Reason: Add mochi
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Mary2e

Hannah, the new VIP manager, is a pleasure to work with. I was sorry I didn't have a chance to talk to her a bit more. She took great care of us ^^
Not sure how VIP Hannah is, I've got bupkis for status with GP, I haven't had a paid/revenue stay with the GP since early 2011, and haven't stayed at this property since 2010.. but I got an email from Hannah LOL.

She must email everyone that is arriving.

I didn't respond since I'm 90% sure I'm going to the HP instead. Need to cancel by Thu though.

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Apr 9, 2014 at 6:55 am
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:35 am

Well, that's her title.

As well, you are a repeat visitor, and that probably pops up as VIP.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I believe it is. I wasn't charged last month.
Thanks. ^

Looks like that is confirmed with the email I just received about my upcoming stay:

Following is a list of enhanced benefits you’ll receive as a valued Diamond member:

· A welcome lei upon arrival
· A special $99 massage or facial at Na Ho’ola Spa
· 15% off Na Ho’ola Spa retail items
· Complimentary daily resort fee
· Complimentary cocktails at the Regency Club lounge
· Express valet parking service

· 15% off food orders from SHOR and Japengo
· Extended happy hour at SWIM pool bar to 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
· 20% off pool cabana rentals
· Special offers from Star Beachboys concession on the beach
· $25 off a minimum two-day car rental from Hertz Rent-a-Car
Weren't the cocktails previously 50% off for Diamond members? Also, does anyone know what the 'Express valet parking service' entails?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:11 pm

Curious, what is the valet parking costing? (with the listing of express valet parking for diamonds.
Tia
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:14 pm

The obscene $35 per day. Self-park is $30.

The Pacific Monarch is now charging $25/day. The best in the area is the Banyan, at $15 per day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.