Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
You are probably thinking of 3960 which I was told specifically not being touched. That has new bathrooms as it was the old Club.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Come to think of it, I believe they are tiling the bathrooms and replacing the vanities/showerheads etc. My husband has pictures of the prototypes we saw, and I'll take a look (if he still has them). Old age is setting in, and I completely forgot

Perhaps it's because I was in a brand spanking new suite and everything was new
Where can one find information on these suites on Hyatt site? As far as I can tell from the website, suites don't even exist!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:45 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Where can one find information on these suites on Hyatt site? As far as I can tell from the website, suites don't even exist!
That's what they want you to think!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I don't believe I've ever seen suites listed on the site. You have to call customer service.

As well, the suites I'm talking about are not the entry level suites given with the DSU.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
You are probably thinking of 3960 which I was told specifically not being touched. That has new bathrooms as it was the old Club.
Yes, I was in that one twice. However, I was also in one in the EWA tower for one night that was identical, except for the old kitchen area, and the bathrooms were redone/fine.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I don't believe I've ever seen suites listed on the site. You have to call customer service.

As well, the suites I'm talking about are not the entry level suites given with the DSU.
Do you think that it is worth using a DSU for what is available?

We would be arriving on a flight that leaves Japan at night and arrives early morning Hawaii time. So we would hope to check in as early as possible, a process that I imagine would be hindered by waiting for suite availability...
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The staff is very accommodating. Contact the property and if it is possible to check you in early it will be done. I think they have a pretty good idea on inventory as they do have many foreign guests and they do not travel last minute like many of us mainland flyers. We had a named suite and without doubt the bathrooms need a renovation. Using a DSU is one of the best uses as sometimes you get something very special.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
The staff is very accommodating. Contact the property and if it is possible to check you in early it will be done. I think they have a pretty good idea on inventory as they do have many foreign guests and they do not travel last minute like many of us mainland flyers. We had a named suite and without doubt the bathrooms need a renovation. Using a DSU is one of the best uses as sometimes you get something very special.
The "many foreign guests" is a nice way of saying "large tour groups from overseas." This is my biggest complaint about this property, which seems to rely on group tours to greater extent than most premium/upscale brands in Waikiki. Although given the hotel's immense size it may be an economic necessity. I hope the new owners figure out a way to create a true premium environment within at least part of the hotel (maybe certain floors within the Diamond Head Tower) if they must continue to rely on group tourism. The current "renovated" (really, simply refreshed) Club level rooms certainly aren't "premium" in my book, except for the Toto toilets.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:45 am

We would be arriving on a flight that leaves Japan at night and arrives early morning Hawaii time. So we would hope to check in as early as possible, a process that I imagine would be hindered by waiting for suite availability...
IF they're not busy, they may have something for you, but these days, they're running pretty high occupancy, plus they are VERY generous with late check outs that you may not have a place to stay. I believe they do have hospitality rooms, but they are intended for a quick shower & change, not for resting after a long flight.

This hotel is now being hit hard with DSU from the credit card and availability isn't what it used to be.

Quite honestly, if I wanted to make sure my room was ready in the morning, I would contact the hotel and have them check you in the night before and pay for it.

I do it in the reverse when I'm leaving. I pay for the night of my checkout day so I can stay in the room until evening without having to ask for an extension or use the hospitality room. I already reserved my checkout night along with my real stay.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:31 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

I would strongly suggest pre booking the night before. Even with our Diamond Suite e-cert I knew we would be arriving at 7AM after an overnight flight and I won't gamble for early check in.

James, the former VIP Manager said it is the only way to get early check in. He said almost every Australian and other foreign guest expected to check in after the morning arrival and they are generally told to come back at check in time.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I would strongly suggest pre booking the night before. Even with our Diamond Suite e-cert I knew we would be arriving at 7AM after an overnight flight and I won't gamble for early check in.

James, the former VIP Manager said it is the only way to get early check in. He said almost every Australian and other foreign guest expected to check in after the morning arrival and they are generally told to come back at check in time.
Thanks for the opinions. I went ahead and booked the room, even though I hate the idea of paying full rate for just a few hours (sure wish the old "sleep and shower" pay by the hour rooms inside the airport were still around...) Maybe paying for a room I barely use would encourage them to give me a bigger upgrade?

I used my last Diamond upgrade cert on the Andaz Maui, so I'll just have to gamble on availability when the new ones arrive.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:56 pm

Thanks for the opinions. I went ahead and booked the room, even though I hate the idea of paying full rate for just a few hours (sure wish the old "sleep and shower" pay by the hour rooms inside the airport were still around...) Maybe paying for a room I barely use would encourage them to give me a bigger upgrade?

I used my last Diamond upgrade cert on the Andaz Maui, so I'll just have to gamble on availability when the new ones arrive.
Trust me, it's almost always worth pre booking. Nothing worse than being exhausted, jet lagged and being told at 7AM that your room won't be ready until 2 or 3PM and to come back later.

Also, prepare yourself. The check in queues are the largest I have ever seen at that hour. Thankfully there is a Diamond line sign
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

You can call GHP and book a suite using suite upgrades that have not yet appeared in your account. Once you've receive the suite upgrades March 1st, 2014, just call and have a suite upgrade specifically attached to the reservation.

For a couple of hours.. rough it in the regular hotel room.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Trust me, it's almost always worth pre booking. Nothing worse than being exhausted, jet lagged and being told at 7AM that your room won't be ready until 2 or 3PM and to come back later.

Also, prepare yourself. The check in queues are the largest I have ever seen at that hour. Thankfully there is a Diamond line sign
It would be more like 10am when we actually arrive. So a rather high rate by the hour.

Also, aren't Diamonds able to check in at the club lounge?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:28 pm

It would be more like 10am when we actually arrive. So a rather high rate by the hour.

Also, aren't Diamonds able to check in at the club lounge?
You are. But in almost hotel I have ever been to, including this one, it is inaccessible without a key so that benefit is moot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.