Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
I've been here a few times. Staff was good, its a HP so I know what my expectations are. Location was good. Pool area was just a small pool with not much sun at times. It was a typical HP. Breakfast area is large with plenty of seating.

Hyatt Regency is fine, HP is fine, Centric was maybe fine -1. I don't know, hotels in this area haven't been great for about 20 years. Of these three, I would say the HP had the most value either on points or cash. I try not to stay in the room too much when in Hawaii.......it's definitely no Maui or Kauai........Overall IMO Waikiki Beach area is low end........
I agree with you as to value of redemption of points if one has a certain amount in their account. Location is good very short walk to the beach, rooms are marginal, pool is a joke as you said no sun!. I am a bit cynical having worked on many of the hotel properties in the islands over the past 35 years with that knowing whats behind these renovations and ownership.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
I see the HP is blocking points redemption on Presidents Day weekend, despite base level rooms being available on cash rates. Is this a new "feature"??

At any rate, was there earlier this year. It is what it is, a value level hotel that makes for a decent base to go do things while you're on Oahu.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Intheair2night
At any rate, was there earlier this year. It is what it is, a value level hotel that makes for a decent base to go do things while you're on Oahu.
Ive usually found HC Waikiki to be cheaper except in points redemptions.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Ive usually found HC Waikiki to be cheaper except in points redemptions.
I meant value more in the aspect that it's not a luxury resort type hotel. I booked on the points so it was cheapest, but noticed the cash rate for the HP & HC tended to vary which one was more expensive while I searched
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Intheair2night
I meant value more in the aspect that it's not a luxury resort type hotel. I booked on the points so it was cheapest, but noticed the cash rate for the HP & HC tended to vary which one was more expensive while I searched
You get what you pay for Points or Cash
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location is not bad, rooms are clean but bathrooms are small and ancient design.

COVID era breakfast is serviceable, I've seen worse.

COVID era housekeeping is not great. They will only service the room every third night (which is fine), except that they won't let you reschedule the third night service on the fourth or fifth nights - you either stick to their schedule or you're out of luck. And if you do decline service, they stick a very aggressively worded note under your door that says that they WILL enter your room within the next 24 hours whether you like it or not.

Last edited by Doppy; Jan 18, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:43 pm

For the price or points redemption, this property is a good value for family vacation. Location is much better (closer to the beach) than HC. We're planning to burn our 2 nights each Chase Hyatt free night this summer.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Taikucing
For the price or points redemption, this property is a good value for family vacation. Location is much better (closer to the beach) than HC. We're planning to burn our 2 nights each Chase Hyatt free night this summer.
I agree with you a family for the first time great location for the kids etc, the rooms are small because its a conversation from a very old apartment building. Breakfast is marginal but as you said family vacation kids don't care just get is to the beach !!!
Old Jul 16, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
At the moment I'm booking speculatively using points in May 2022 (consider award booking may not be available later), especially last day in HNL before returning to mainland for late evening flight.

Any DP on how late you can check-out? I understand YMMV.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by vincewy
At the moment I'm booking speculatively using points in May 2022 (consider award booking may not be available later), especially last day in HNL before returning to mainland for late evening flight.

Any DP on how late you can check-out? I understand YMMV.
Globalist up to 4pm.
vincewy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:38 am

I have four nights booked in early October and is currently an Explorist, which I know means nothing. I’m still torn between the HP and now looking at Hyatt Centric. It will be a stay for two adults. I originally chose the HP due to “closer” proximity to the beach, possibly better room views, and also the free breakfast. I understand in terms of location, HP is closer to the beach but some of the older reviews mention that it might not be a great area. I will have a car for only one day. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by faithng
I have four nights booked in early October and is currently an Explorist, which I know means nothing. I’m still torn between the HP and now looking at Hyatt Centric. It will be a stay for two adults. I originally chose the HP due to “closer” proximity to the beach, possibly better room views, and also the free breakfast. I understand in terms of location, HP is closer to the beach but some of the older reviews mention that it might not be a great area. I will have a car for only one day. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I stayed @ The HP, there was no real views, and if its closer to the Ocean maybe by 2 mins at best walking. I cant speak for anyone else but I never flound the Waikiki Beach to be areal beach = a place Id want to spend many hours The only real Resort in Wakikii IMO is The Hilton Hawaiian Village thats also the only place I found that had decent sized pools
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:12 am

I totally agree with you and to the detriment of offending others, Oahu, and especially Waikiki Beach was not my top choice for Hawaii but I could not find availability for my free cat 1-4 certificates on Maui so Oahu it is! Have not been back to Oahu in years so was just happy to visit any island in Hawaii.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:19 am
Suspended

I totally agree with you and to the detriment of offending others, Oahu, and especially Waikiki Beach was not my top choice for Hawaii but I could not find availability for my free cat 1-4 certificates on Maui so Oahu it is! Have not been back to Oahu in years so was just happy to visit any island in Hawaii.
Im not so sure Hawaii is a place to be in Oct, due to Covid. If you're only going to use your certs , if it was me Id find a place that is in a better position Covid wise. I used to frequent Oahu since I was doing MRs for miles and status and was able to take the bus from HNL to Waikiki and no need for a car, which isnt the case on the other Islands. But to relax and enjoy myself Oahu is the last place Id want to go.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
I have stayed at the Waikiki HP multiple times, most recently in March as an Explorist. With that reservation, I was upgraded to a room with an ocean view prior to check-in, which was appreciated, though the view was just ok. The rooms vary a little and some could use a refresh. Everyone is different, but I am actually a big fan of the area of the hotel. I like it being on the far end of Waikiki, since it is a little quieter. Parking at the Banyan nearby is really convenient. I'm the oddball that prefers Oahu over Maui, etc., but only if I have a car. I prefer the food options in Waikiki (it feels more like a major Asian city), and then I like hopping in the car and spending most of the day out of the city. The HP is close to the beach, but like others, its not a beach I spend much time on. It is nice to walk to for sunset. I have not stayed at the Centric in Waikiki because at least when I was going, they restricted award access to certain lengths of stay, which did not work for my time there. I would be happy to give it a try at some point; there are a couple restaurants near there that I always go to.
mcgahat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.