Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Targeted Offers terms and Conditions Update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Targeted Offers terms and Conditions Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by alexkgtu
yes, according to other thread about this promotion, it's targeted to people who dont stay at hyatt much, and only had 1-4 stays this year...understandable on Hyatt's part, but doesnt make Diamonds feel any better I'm sure.
OK so I was one of the targets of the promotion. I am a lowly gold (ie dirt) but I do stay at Hyatts if available. The problem is that most of the towns I overnight in are mostly small and in the center of the country which makes it likely that I am at a Fairfield or Courtyard. I have had 2 stays at Hyatt, and they were great, but Hyatt will even let you buy up for very little money the benefits that some elite members get for free. So I sign up, and if I am lucky will get a bit of a bonus.
I am no danger to any Hyatt elite

The real fact of the matter is that as a top elite to 3 different hotel programs, I find that there is remarkably little benefit for elites to most. Priority Club is truely minimal (if I am lucky they will give me a $5 coupon for breakfast ). Marriott gives you bupkis unless it is a FS establishment and you are there on the week-day to use the concierge lounge. On week-end stays, it's nada. I have begged for something from the front desk and on occasion they will give me a coupon for breakfast, but that is a coin-toss. CY will not even give me breakfast as a Diamond.
The only group that gives me anything is Hilton. No matter where I stay, I at least am given breakfast even if the lounge is closed. Nice benny for a Diamond .

At least at Hyatt, they gave me, Mr Dirt, a buy up option of a nicer room with breakfast for about $6 more. Considering the cheapo reservation was almost $150, adding 4% onto the bill for a $25 breakfast and a "nicer" room was a no-brainer. And I didn't even have to be an elite.

In summary, I don't think any elite program is all that great EXCEPT for the points which give me free nights in Rome and other exotic locales. And being a top elite allows you to accumulate those points faster. All the other stuff is really lip gloss for the pig.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ldsant
The question I want to ask is how many of you ACTUALLY stay somewhere else these days because of these factors?
I've started double booking all my future stays at Hyatt and SPG - I'll go with which ever has the better promo. And since Hyatt got rid of the G-bonuses and didn’t offer me the targeted promo, it’ll take a very good Q4 promo to keep my roughly 20 stays the rest of this year with Hyatt (and has already meant 2 or 3 weeks of stays that I've cancelled at Hyatts in June/July). Since many of my stays are shorter stays, the loss of the G-bonuses is a huge change to my personal loyalty equation, cutting my points earned on some stays in half.

The factors that drive my stays are: 1. getting the best quality of hotel for the price, and 2. the quality of the current promos.

But I'm sure most of you will agree, in spite of all the pr snafus, all Hyatt has to do is announce a Q4 FFN and almost all of us will be right back to Hyatt for as many stays as possible.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kenbo
Except that the target demographic in this case is infrequent customers. Frequent customers simply do not meet the criteria. Sure it would be nice if there was something for Diamonds but Hyatt wants to focus their efforts elsewhere at the moment. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think Hyatt's generosity has come back to hurt them. The practice of giving a little something extra to Diamond members has caused some members to expect those types of perks. I fear that the more people complain when they're not included or if things aren't up to certain standards, the more Hyatt will likely stop giving Diamonds any extra benefits.
Well the less they give the less I will give my business to them. It is a two way street.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by lululee
Yeah, it's not a nice feeling to know that there is a Hyatt promotion out there, but yet i'm not "targeted" to participate.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
And I'd also prefer that Hyatt remember in the future to not supply a registration confirmation for targeted promotions for which the program member is not targeted. It's the customer-friendly thing to do.
Originally Posted by geaux_tigers
Are they making "the chosen few" reregister, or just assume everyone hawks on FT all day in order to see their PR failures?
+1 Good points/thoughts. Feel the same way.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
So poorly handled all around
Did Hyatt hire Marriott Reward's PR team
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
You posted about it in the other thread.
I still don't know of what you speak in this thread or that one.

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
So, what would a reasonable person conclude from that and that little statement that you see when you try to register for it?

Despite that ... it's ok if we have a difference of opinion. Really, it is.

-David
The issue isn't one of having a difference of opinions. The difference is one of a post making a personalized claim without a basis in fact.

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Unfortunately, you needed to receive the e-mail in order to register for this specific promotion.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Customers were able to register for this specific promotion even when not receiving the email. Whether or not entitled to the points from the promotion under the original terms and conditions and/or the revised ones may be considered somewhat differently.

While this situations costs me nothing and gains me nothing -- I have no paid stays with Hyatt planned for during the rest of a packed quarter -- it would be nice if Hyatt fixes the way it handles promotion registration so that those not targeted for targeted promotions don't get a promotion registration confirmation from Hyatt. It helps to better manage customer expectations without the PR snafu aspect potential.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 9, 2011 at 11:24 am
Old Aug 9, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

yes, according to other thread about this promotion, it's targeted to people who dont stay at hyatt much, and only had 1-4 stays this year...understandable on Hyatt's part, but doesnt make Diamonds feel any better I'm sure.
Originally Posted by lululee
Yeah, it's not a nice feeling to know that there is a Hyatt promotion out there, but yet i'm not "targeted" to participate. In the past few months, like many others, i have also taken my stays to SPG due to their FFN promo. I was hoping to come back to Hyatt in Q3 and Q4 in order to re-qualify Diamond, but given that Hyatt is not "targeting" my business, perhaps i should also think twice.
As pointed out elsewhere in this thread, targeted promotions have legitimate marketing purposes (assuming the use of "legitimate marketing" is not an oxymoron ). This time I may not be targeted, but maybe next time I will be. If everyone was always eligible, there would be fewer promotions as the benefit to the company would presumably decrease. I don't like it when AA has DEQM promotions for LAX/DFW-area residents only, but I accept it because I know there were past promotions that applied to NYC-area people.

Besides, Diamonds get a lot of other perks, for which I am grateful.

Except that the target demographic in this case is infrequent customers. Frequent customers simply do not meet the criteria. Sure it would be nice if there was something for Diamonds but Hyatt wants to focus their efforts elsewhere at the moment. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think Hyatt's generosity has come back to hurt them. The practice of giving a little something extra to Diamond members has caused some members to expect those types of perks. I fear that the more people complain when they're not included or if things aren't up to certain standards, the more Hyatt will likely stop giving Diamonds any extra benefits.
+1
Old Aug 9, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
yes, we do expect, and rightfully so. those little extras are supposed to be our reward for choosing to stay with Hyatt and give business to them, instead of, say, book it on priceline for 1/3rd of the price. I think, for paying other 2/3rds we can expect the lounge with crappy food and suites when they're not sold anyway.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:07 pm

I think Hyatt's generosity has come back to hurt them. The practice of giving a little something extra to Diamond members has caused some members to expect those types of perks.
Yes I do expect those types of perks and that is what I liked about Hyatt. But it was never an issue in the past. There were many times in past years when I found out about a special targeted promo (often through FT) asked to register for it and Hyatt always accommodated the request. Also they fixed point posting issues promptly and happily. It was that kind of special customer-centered service that set them above the other major hotel chains IMO. This thread is just another example of how the Hyatt Gold Passport program has changed (and in a bad way) as is the recent string of disappointing promos, lack of G bonuses, firing of the customer-centered agent, etc.

I can't believe I'm writing this because my Hyatt loyalty has been unfaltering in past years but I'm starting to agree more with user Smilee and his/her? choice of thread title: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-lame-now.html
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
...it's targeted to people who dont stay at hyatt much, and only had 1-4 stays this year...
Well, I've stayed at Hyatt less this year (thanks to Hilton's immediate Gold, plus three- or four-stays-to-Gold-until-3/2013 promos -- "free" food and wifi and room upgrades). But I haven't been targeted by Gold Passport.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I still don't know of what you speak in this thread or that one.
The thread about this promo, that you posted in:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...9-30-11-a.html

The issue isn't one of having a difference of opinions. The difference is one of a post making a personalized claim without a basis in fact.
I disagree. There's no question about the first line in the t&cs saying it's a targeted promo and the registration page saying no points for you if you aren't targeted.

I also agree that it would be better if you weren't able to register for a promotion for which you aren't entitled to get, but their t&cs and reminder on the registration page covers that, IMO. Yes, it would be better, but for whatever reason, they don't do that yet.

That leaves the word "or" in that one line, which is I guess what you are questioning? I think it's immaterial. Apparently you don't.

I think it's ok if we have a difference of opinion about any of those items.

Anyway, that's all from me. We're just rehashing what we already said.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 9, 2011 at 4:57 pm
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
Fine with me

A few weeks ago, some enhancement for Diamond membership was introduced. Now the company wants to channel those who were not so loyal to Hyatts. They have freedom to play around marketing tools to leverage their business. On the other hand, for Diamond members, this promo may not be perceived as sufficient caluse to divert their loyalty to somewhere else. The best way to get most from Hyatt is to establish good relationship with personnel at the property on top of general perks associated with the membership.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:56 pm

yes, we do expect, and rightfully so. those little extras are supposed to be our reward for choosing to stay with Hyatt and give business to them, instead of, say, book it on priceline for 1/3rd of the price. I think, for paying other 2/3rds we can expect the lounge with crappy food and suites when they're not sold anyway.
This is it right here. ^ There is the whole thing boiled down. I detest hearing people act like we should just be happy with whatever company X gives us. I could get stays cheaper but I don't for certain benefits. Continued reduction of benefits/offers/promos makes it harder to justify spending the extra money, and they are doing me a favor by giving me benefits when I stay 25 times or 50 nights. I mean, for crying out loud, those requirements are not nothing...I should get some kind of perks for that.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by oc2005
I've started double booking all my future stays at Hyatt and SPG - I'll go with which ever has the better promo. And since Hyatt got rid of the G-bonuses and didn’t offer me the targeted promo, it’ll take a very good Q4 promo to keep my roughly 20 stays the rest of this year with Hyatt (and has already meant 2 or 3 weeks of stays that I've cancelled at Hyatts in June/July). Since many of my stays are shorter stays, the loss of the G-bonuses is a huge change to my personal loyalty equation, cutting my points earned on some stays in half.

The factors that drive my stays are: 1. getting the best quality of hotel for the price, and 2. the quality of the current promos.

But I'm sure most of you will agree, in spite of all the pr snafus, all Hyatt has to do is announce a Q4 FFN and almost all of us will be right back to Hyatt for as many stays as possible.
Thanks for the double booking strategy.

Just double booked my next 4 Hyatt stay cities with Hilton / SPG.

Calendar reminders are created for the cancellations
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by oc2005

Well, I can pretty much guarantee the Gx promos are gone because of the Hyatt credit card. You want an extra 1000 points for your $300 stay? Get the card and there they are. I am sure that is the logic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.