Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Targeted Offers terms and Conditions Update

Old Aug 8, 11, 5:12 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear FlyerTalk Members,

Last week we launched targeted offers to select Hyatt Gold Passport members. We were quickly notified that there was a typo in the terms and conditions. We noticed that FlyerTalk members posted the terms and conditions and wanted to correct the typo for everyone.

In the incorrect copy below, the bold and underlined “or” should have been a comma.

“To receive bonus points, you must provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a preselected member or be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate.”

The correct terms are as follows and will be updated shortly.

“To receive bonus points you must provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a pre-selected member, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate.”

We appreciate your interest in the offers. We hope your travels are safe and that we have the opportunity to welcome you to a Hyatt hotel soon.

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Aug 8, 11 at 5:28 pm
Old Aug 8, 11, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge View Post
Dear FlyerTalk Members,

Last week we launched targeted offers to select Hyatt Gold Passport members. We were quickly notified that there was a typo in the terms and conditions. We noticed that FlyerTalk members posted the terms and conditions and wanted to correct the typo for everyone.

In the incorrect copy below, the bold and underlined “or” should have been a comma.

“To receive bonus points, you must provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a preselected member or be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate.”

“To receive bonus points you must provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a pre-selected member, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate.”

We appreciate your interest in the offers. We hope your travels are safe and that we have the opportunity to welcome you to a Hyatt hotel soon.
I presume a mattress run where you physically check in and leave counts as well
Old Aug 8, 11, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge View Post
Dear FlyerTalk Members,

I'm sure it's fruitless to ask, but can you tell us if everyone was selected and just got different offers, or are only some folks selected.
FWIW, I've been Diamond for ~7 years in a row and I got nada so far.
Old Aug 8, 11, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Funny.... The beauty of the mistake in the T&C's is that the or negated the requirement to be " a preselected member".
Old Aug 8, 11, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Mad4Miles View Post
Funny.... The beauty of the mistake in the T&C's is that the or negated the requirement to be " a preselected member".
I have a feeling Hyatt is going to go the way of Marriott...crappy targeted promos...I like Hyatt's properties, so I'll stick around a while and see how this plays out, but if it goes the direction I suspect it will...I'm tail lights!
Old Aug 8, 11, 8:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Mad4Miles View Post
So presumably those of us who registered when the T&C's referred to "or" should be grandfathered in, and not require a preselected invitation, right.... ^
Old Aug 8, 11, 8:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
So from the way I read this, you need to satisfy all three below to qualify for the bonus.

To receive bonus points you must:
1) provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in,
2) be a pre-selected member,
3) be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate

As for myself and many long term Diamonds, no #2 hence no bonus

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Aug 9, 11 at 7:12 pm
Old Aug 8, 11, 9:33 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
How soon until Hyatt realizes this relationship is give and take?

They give us promos, we give them business. They TAKE away promos, we TAKE our business somewhere else.
Old Aug 8, 11, 9:36 pm

A mistake to commit to hyatt?

As a brand new diamond, I am quickly becoming concerned that I should not have switched from SPG. Why would Hyatt target even this anemic promotion to exclude diamond members? It feels like a slap in the face.
Old Aug 8, 11, 9:42 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
So presumably those of us who registered when the T&C's referred to "or" should be grandfathered in, and not require a preselected invitation, right.... ^
Can any of the Gold Passport Concierge deny or confirm this for us?
Old Aug 8, 11, 9:47 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
I am happy to give Hyatt business with 8 stays booked for August, but in the light of making not so "cute" change in terms of promotion, I'm quite sure I'll be reconsidering my decision.
Especially not fair when some people do receive an offer and some other, your most loyal customers, don't.
Old Aug 8, 11, 10:08 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by rtwx2 View Post
As a brand new diamond, I am quickly becoming concerned that I should not have switched from SPG. Why would Hyatt target even this anemic promotion to exclude diamond members? It feels like a slap in the face.
Well, targeted promos aren't a bad thing. In fact, they can be a major driver for growth for a hotelier if done right. The fact that we have FT and the internet makes it harder to keep things targeted anymore. In some instances, hotels want to try out test marketing / promo campaigns, hone in on a segmented demographics, attempt to prop up certain hotels / properties, etc, all via the aid of targeting promotional campaigns.

We're crazy to think these are bad ideas. There isn't 1 large B-C company I'm aware of that doesn't employ targeting promotioning as a major part of their marketing efforts.

If you're broken hearted about being left out, let 'em know, and vote with your wallet.
Old Aug 8, 11, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by rtwx2 View Post
No one knows the criteria that was used to select who was eligible for this promotion. Maybe Hyatt wants to focus on members who don't stay at their hotels as often. There is a sizable gap between qualifying for Platinum and Diamond so trying to eek out some additional revenue out of members who most likely won't complete 25 stays or 50 nights doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Of course that's just speculation on my part. My point though, is that regardless of status, this is a targeted promotion. Hyatt has their criteria and some of us didn't meet it.

For the record, I am Diamond and did not receive the offer either.
Old Aug 8, 11, 10:25 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
Originally Posted by kenbo View Post
No one knows the criteria that was used to select who was eligible for this promotion. Maybe Hyatt wants to focus on members who don't stay at their hotels as often. There is a sizable gap between qualifying for Platinum and Diamond so trying to eek out some additional revenue out of members who most likely won't complete 25 stays or 50 nights doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Of course that's just speculation on my part. My point though, is that regardless of status, this is a targeted promotion. Hyatt has their criteria and some of us didn't meet it. I don't think there's any reason to get upset about it or to second guess your decision to try Hyatt. You were not wronged or inconvenienced in any way.

For the record, I am Diamond and did not receive the offer either.
yes, according to other thread about this promotion, it's targeted to people who dont stay at hyatt much, and only had 1-4 stays this year...understandable on Hyatt's part, but doesnt make Diamonds feel any better I'm sure.
Old Aug 8, 11, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
^^^ +1

Originally Posted by etsmyers View Post
How soon until Hyatt realizes this relationship is give and take?

They give us promos, we give them business. They TAKE away promos, we TAKE our business somewhere else.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: