Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Nope, New York Hotel.
Well, as I said, a spa Isnt it these days
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by travelkid
Well, as I said, a spa Isnt it these days
You are going to a Spa.

I am going to a club. Afterall, the person who greets me is a Host/Hostess, and that isn't necessarily the kinda of Spa I want to go to in the Big Apple!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by mnmag
I think a great b'day tribute to Jenny would be a donation to the designated charity for this DO - The Connection at St. Martin's!

She's set up a justgiving page here & you can even put the donation on a credit card! Only 260 pounds has been raised out of the £2,000.00 goal -- so please be generous!

Let's show how charitable FTers can be & not just focus on the raffle prizes that Jenny worked so hard to obtain for this DO!
+1^
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
+1^
Thanks for your donation. Maybe you will be able to attend next year...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
A reminder to those who may not have got round to it: please have a look around Virgin Atlantic website and give some feedback on a couple of pages.

We will shortly be putting up pictures online. I guess the best way to do this is to have them password protected?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Photos and article on driven2travel.

If anyone has any other photos (eg of life raft) please send to me and I will put up. If anyone wants a photo removing, ask me and I'll do it straight away.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by travelkid
FTers are savvy people. Even in this somewhat upscale FT group I heard many never paid this much for a hotel night.

Of course one could also consider a charity auction for some or all prizes?
I must agree that FTers are savvy people. This means; (just an opinion for an organizer) :the property (Hyatt Regency London) in this case,should provide at least better rate than at Hyatt.com. 298 GBP is pretty expensive but it is acceptable by London standard.

Let's move on and Not to forget about Jenny who has been successfully managed to get a good rate at Abu Dhabi and Maldives for our Mega - DO next year, so Lets GO!

Originally Posted by price123
I wondered about an auction, but then
A) some prizes may not have got bid on
B) we would have had to give all information about the prizes (which we didn't have for all of them) ie dates, blackout dates...
C) I didn't want the better offeople getting all the prizes
D) I wanted everyone to get one.
I agree Jenny. In my opinion the best way to create good charity is by putting some entry requirement for the lucky draw.

The entry requirement for the prize draw at Last Hyatt DO at Hyatt Regency London is very simple. Any participants must stay 2 nights (FT rate) at Hyatt Regency London to be able to join the prize draw. While this increase the Hotel revenue, this however, did not increase the charity.

If the entry requirement is added with 50 / 100 GBP then I believed We had collected more money for the charity. This is needed because not all people believed and understand in "Take and Give" principle. Just my 2 cents, charity is not an investment. Therefore, a high return should not be expected in charity .
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:13 am
Original Poster

A heads up that points for the promotions/prizes should be in accounts by the end of November (so less than the 6-8 weeks originally stated).

I also wanted to request that when anyone uses a prize they write a review (brief or detailed) and send me a link for it (whether on blog or FT). The more exposure hotels receive, the more likely they are to give a prize for future events.

We are meeting people at the Churchill today about next year's event - sorting out contract etc. Anything people want to keep the same or change?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
We are meeting people at the Churchill today about next year's event - sorting out contract etc. Anything people want to keep the same or change?
Churchill was great this year (slightly messing up points posting, but all corrected easily).

Will make sure to write reviews. Which reminds me; the more that can add positive reviews (if applicable) on the Churchill thread the better^
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Smile Did anyone get the Hyatt bonus points or Diamond status extension

Hi. I know it is only November 16 but I thought I remembered seeing or hearing that Todd from Hyatt was going to apply the points from the stay challenge and the extension of Diamond to 2014 for 18 stays about 2 weeks after the promotion period ended (October 28). I am not anxious or anything but wondered if anyone has seen the points or extension of Diamond status.

Heading now to the Hyatt Schaumburg near Chicago to meet Mr. Silver Springer for the giddy-up day tomorrow at the end of Starmegado 4.

We are still talking about the great time we had in London!

Cheers, Mary Anne and Don
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by silver springer
Hi. I know it is only November 16 but I thought I remembered seeing or hearing that Todd from Hyatt was going to apply the points from the stay challenge and the extension of Diamond to 2014 for 18 stays about 2 weeks after the promotion period ended (October 28). I am not anxious or anything but wondered if anyone has seen the points or extension of Diamond status.

Heading now to the Hyatt Schaumburg near Chicago to meet Mr. Silver Springer for the giddy-up day tomorrow at the end of Starmegado 4.

We are still talking about the great time we had in London!

Cheers, Mary Anne and Don
Hi. I saw the answer to my question in a post today in the Community forum. The answer is these will likely post at the end of November.

Cheers, Mary Anne.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:45 am
Original Poster

A heads up that I recently received an apologetic email from HGP saying that they have had some IT problems (nothing new here) and hope the points will post by 14th December. I'm sorry for this delay, although it is within the 6-8 weeks originally stated.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
A heads up that I recently received an apologetic email from HGP saying that they have had some IT problems (nothing new here) and hope the points will post by 14th December. I'm sorry for this delay, although it is within the 6-8 weeks originally stated.
Thanks for the heads up! ^
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Thanks for the heads up! ^
Thanks - I have been looking for them every couple of days, and this explains what happened.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Any new information regarding bonus points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.