Old Nov 12, 12, 8:21 am
HaryoS

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
FTers are savvy people. Even in this somewhat upscale FT group I heard many never paid this much for a hotel night.

Of course one could also consider a charity auction for some or all prizes?
I must agree that FTers are savvy people. This means; (just an opinion for an organizer) :the property (Hyatt Regency London) in this case,should provide at least better rate than at Hyatt.com. 298 GBP is pretty expensive but it is acceptable by London standard.

Let's move on and Not to forget about Jenny who has been successfully managed to get a good rate at Abu Dhabi and Maldives for our Mega - DO next year, so Lets GO!

Originally Posted by price123 View Post
I wondered about an auction, but then
A) some prizes may not have got bid on
B) we would have had to give all information about the prizes (which we didn't have for all of them) ie dates, blackout dates...
C) I didn't want the better offeople getting all the prizes
D) I wanted everyone to get one.
I agree Jenny. In my opinion the best way to create good charity is by putting some entry requirement for the lucky draw.

The entry requirement for the prize draw at Last Hyatt DO at Hyatt Regency London is very simple. Any participants must stay 2 nights (FT rate) at Hyatt Regency London to be able to join the prize draw. While this increase the Hotel revenue, this however, did not increase the charity.

If the entry requirement is added with 50 / 100 GBP then I believed We had collected more money for the charity. This is needed because not all people believed and understand in "Take and Give" principle. Just my 2 cents, charity is not an investment. Therefore, a high return should not be expected in charity .