Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gold Passport Concierge?G bonuses?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Passport Concierge?G bonuses?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Their timing on this is kind of odd, isn't it? I also got that email asking for my vote in my mailbox today.

I guess I'm pretty torqued right now, so I need to give it a rest.

You know what it is?

I'm just so disappointed and let down by what they did and especially the way they did it more than anything else.

If the vote is for 2010, then they certainly were program of the year last year. This year, not so much so far.

-David
Yes, I can appreciate the frustration & sense of 'letdown,' -- on top of all the technical problems w/their site, -- so even when one wanted to book a stay, -- it's been extremely 'challenging' to do so! I am pleased that there is some promo in place, though -- it's better than no promo, at all!:-:

It certainly does appear to be some radical shift in their program focus for this year! What a way to go, -- attract lots of new 'loyal' customers, then proceed to disappoint!,

Yes, the FT Awards are based on 2010 promos.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2 mill miler;UA Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I suspect this shift to what is basically an oscillation between a 2000ish point bonus per night through promotions, and a 2000ish bonus per stay, through Gx bonuses, is the result of resistance by owners to increased GP fund contributions, and a strategic decision at a senior management level to reduce marketing/promotional costs in GP, whether wise or not.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by mnmag
Yes, I can appreciate the frustration & sense of 'letdown,' -- on top of all the technical problems w/their site, -- so even when one wanted to book a stay, -- it's been extremely 'challenging' to do so! I am pleased that there is some promo in place, though -- it's better than no promo, at all!:-:

It certainly does appear to be some radical shift in their program focus for this year! What a way to go, -- attract lots of new 'loyal' customers, then proceed to disappoint!,

Yes, the FT Awards are based on 2010 promos.
hmmm, check this out (including post #4):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...l#post16007152

-David
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

-David
I was wondering if anyone would take the initiative on that
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-David
Thanks for the heads up, -- I'm not sure how I feel about going to this, although I will be there for the other events that weekend. I want to wait & see how it develops.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by mnmag
Thanks for the heads up, -- I'm not sure how I feel about going to this, although I will be there for the other events that weekend. I want to wait & see how it develops.
I'm just saying, it looks like I will have an opportunity to ask Jeff Z a question or two.

-David
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm just saying, it looks like I will have an opportunity to ask Jeff Z a question or two.

-David
Well, I'm not sure I want to pay $49 for a 'sponsored event', -- just to ask him a question! I'm not an AA flyer, & UA MP is interesting, but not that compelling.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Wow - this is the first time I recall no Gx Bonus's.
I was hoping the lack of Gx bonus's was a system issue until I checked back here and saw this posting.

There have been ups and downs in the hospitality business over the last decade and the only two significant things I can recall changing - and think this could be attributed to - are going public or the credit card....

Both are here to stay so my assumption means this is 'an effective end' to Hyatt leading Hotel Promotions.
It might be close to others on promotions going forward but the limited properties are a drawback.

Its particularly sad for me as Hyatt is the program that got me hooked on frequent stay programs.

Given I need to pair down my hotel chains quite substantially over then next year this could mean Hyatt is one of them

Probably this order; drop SPG first, Hyatt Second, and then focus on maintaining Hilton (broader hotels, promotions improving, and free breakfast).

I'd still also have IC RA with a friends referral cert each year & I'm now Lifetime Fairmont Platinum from the Living Social Deal. Time will tell, but one thing I do know - another FNN would certainly draw me back

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good morning!

Currently there are no "G" offers with Hyatt properties. The "G" offers, along with other bonuses, are offered throughout the year. You can keep up on the latest bonus offers here: http://bit.ly/dgkn9B

Sincerely,

Nick B.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Mar 10, 2011 at 6:43 am
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
The G1/2/3 bonuses were a generous differentiator, none the less many frequent posters complained instantly about these bonuses not posting. I'm sure this new move will save many calls to customer service.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Annoying as it has been to have to call GPCS peridocially to get the Gx bonuses to post, it's more disappointing to have nothing. I don't think Hyatt's program (with the exception of the March promotional desert) nowadays is any worse than that of the other majors, but we are so used to it being so much better that the diminution hurts. (And, as TravelGuy notes, their limited number of properties is a factor to consider.) That, in combination with a couple of very unhappy experiences (one with GP and one with a specific hotel) and the difficulties in getting them resolved, leads me to decide to give Hyatt a rest at least until July--then we'll see whether next year I'll be enjoying breakfasts at the PH Vendome.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:35 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
this month's stays are going to priceline . . . no reason to pay the premium for a Hyatt stay. The G bonus always focused my stays.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I for one am dissapointed in this decision. Without G bonuses Hyatt Gold or decent promotions Hyatt Gold Passport is not a very attractive program for me nor is Hyatt a very worthwhile chain for me to persue top tier in.

Hyatts tend to be more expensive in their markets.The regular point earn(without bonuses)is not very good in relation to the points needed for rewards.And Hyatt's limited footprint means that I often have to go out of my way to stay in a Hyatt property.

I have seen this sort of decimation of an(ex)farorite frequent guest program before when Ed French took over the reigns of Marriott Rewards.And my business with Marriott has been declining ever since.I would be very sorry to lose Hyatt as an option=but I value my cost/benefit spend on leisure hotels to let past history get in the way of my choice of hotel programs
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
TravelGuy1965...I think you make a very valid point with your point below. I think the credit card has little to do with the changes. When Hyatt went public I knew changes were coming.

With the economy improving and now Hyatt's commitment to please shareholders I think we can all expect changes in the Gold Passport Program. I will watch to see what happens the next couples of months. With the current offer and no G bonuses I see no reason to continue to exclusively stay at Hyatt.

"There have been ups and downs in the hospitality business over the last decade and the only two significant things I can recall changing - and think this could be attributed to - are going public or the credit card...."
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT; Hyatt GP Diamond; HHonors Diamond; SPG Plat; Hertz Pres. Circle
There are G bonuses out there

Hi Guys,

I can confirm that there are G bonuses out there. I have been getting a 1500 G bonus for 7 weeks at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. This includes last week. I am sure there are more out there.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by niznad
Hi Guys,

I can confirm that there are G bonuses out there. I have been getting a 1500 G bonus for 7 weeks at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. This includes last week. I am sure there are more out there.

Thanks
My eyes just crossed.

But in a good way. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.