Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gold Passport Concierge?G bonuses?

Old Mar 7, 11, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia

There is a LOT of confusion right now regarding G bonuses.
Are there G bonuses currently in place? If so-where can the list be found?
If not when will they be back in place?
Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Old Mar 7, 11, 8:04 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi bigguy, open up : frequentflyerbonuses.com

scroll to Hyatt and keep it on your favourites, comes in handy
Old Mar 7, 11, 10:47 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I think the main question is... where did they go and when are they coming back?!
Old Mar 8, 11, 8:05 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good morning!

Currently there are no "G" offers with Hyatt properties. The "G" offers, along with other bonuses, are offered throughout the year. You can keep up on the latest bonus offers here: http://bit.ly/dgkn9B

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Mar 8, 11, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
thanks for saving me the time trying t o track th ese down

however, please pass on how lame GP is in 2011 with promos and site bonuses

hopefully hyatt are competitive on prices
Old Mar 8, 11, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge View Post

Currently there are no "G" offers with Hyatt properties. ...
Ouch
Old Mar 8, 11, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge View Post
Good morning!

Currently there are no "G" offers with Hyatt properties. The "G" offers, along with other bonuses, are offered throughout the year. You can keep up on the latest bonus offers here: http://bit.ly/dgkn9B

Sincerely,

Nick B.
What about Westlake/Thousand Oaks?

There are no G1/G2/G3 bonuses listed on the web site (besides Westlake/Thousand Oaks), or are properties that tell us they have them lying to us or are they otherwise confused too?

Seriously, if there are no G1/G2/G3 bonuses, this will be the first time ever that there are none at all as far as I can recall. What is going on?

If, in fact, this is accurate, that means that basically any stay in March is for base points only. (There are some offers out there, but except for the G2 at Westlake Village, they are all "Hyatt Daily Rate" offers.)

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 8, 11 at 3:58 pm
Old Mar 8, 11, 3:47 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena View Post
There is a LOT of confusion right now regarding G bonuses.
Are there G bonuses currently in place? If so-where can the list be found?
If not when will they be back in place?
Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Well, allow me to add to the growing confusion. After reading conflicting comments regarding whether or not G Bonii are currently available anywhere I called up the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque today as I have a stay booked there later this month. (I had been told by the hotel FD last week that there is a G2 offer there.) I spoke again with the FD and asked if they indeed have a G2 offer for the hotel. The agent said yes, they do have the G2 offer. I inquired as to how long the offer ran and to what days it applies. She said she wasn't sure and that maybe GP could answer that. I told her GP said that there currently weren't any G bonus offers in the U.S. to which she replied "well, if GP said that then maybe there isn't a G2 here."

Perfect, apparently the properties themselves aren't even sure what is going on. Maybe GP can name the new promo "The Great Cluster 5K"
Old Mar 8, 11, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
In concert with bigguy and David et al: They're giving with one hand, and taking with the other, in a way. But at least with this m.o. we don't have to hunt anymore... (Yes, this is to beg the - serious - question: Will the G bonuses come back when this is over with?)
Old Mar 8, 11, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life View Post
...The agent said yes, they do have the G2 offer. I inquired as to how long the offer ran and to what days it applies. She said she wasn't sure and that maybe GP could answer that. I told her GP said that there currently weren't any G bonus offers in the U.S. to which she replied "well, if GP said that then maybe there isn't a G2 here."
Honestly, I encounter this often, even proactively (unsolicited) by front desk people, who I guess want to tell me what I want to hear (and who may not have been told that Gx are on a term basis) ...Another reason I am glad to have the ability to follow up afterward, though I don't like having to.

I do hope that all the problems with the Gx bonuses that this board is replete with haven't killed them for good. And as noted in the first paragraph, I am privileged to have a reliable source, and can only imagine that the problem is multiplied among general members.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 8, 11 at 4:05 pm Reason: Greater deference to front desk people.
Old Mar 8, 11, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind View Post
Honestly, I encounter this often, even proactively (unsolicited) by front desk people, who I guess want to tell me what I want to hear
Until somebody has a stay and actually gets a bonus to post, ie, from SFO Hyatt (G1, according to FD) or ABQ, we really won't know. Though I was pretty explicit when I asked the FD person (via phone) about it.

I have 4 stays planned, all towards the end of the month.

-David
Old Mar 8, 11, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I had a two night stay last week at Hyatt Regency Columbus March 2-4. Upon checkout, I asked about G bonuses, and was told there was a G3 bonus in effect, and it was put on my folio. Now the stay has not yet been credited, so we'll see what happens.
Old Mar 8, 11, 5:34 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by Firewind View Post
Honestly, I encounter this often, even proactively (unsolicited) by front desk people, who I guess want to tell me what I want to hear (and who may not have been told that Gx are on a term basis) ....
That's a reasonable inference and one that I considered. I guess my doubts are growing because, like David, I was very specific in asking about a G1, G2 or G3 bonus and both times I was told that a G2 is being offered. The first time I called I asked if there was a bonus for a stay at the end of March as GP online showed all the Gx bonii had expired on 2/28. He asked me to hold on a second then said yes it would still apply then just ask for it at check-in. I was basically told the same thing today until I mentioned what GP was "saying" .

Like David, I'm waiting to hear a report from someone staying at a Hyatt where they are supposedly offering a Gx. I personally am starting to believe it's a little sleight of hand- revoke the widespread Gx then offer the promo. That way GP can say they have a decent promo out that compares favorably to the competition. Heck, many here are already saying that.

This promo in and of itself isn't terrible but the loss of Gx is. It may have been a little more palatable if GP hadn't kept us waiting for so long and saying things like "a promo will be announced once all the details are ironed out", as if cutting, pasting and tweaking the Great 10K took a lot of ingenuity. Hyatt still rocks for its elite recognition and I certainly am not leaving them anytime soon but let's be honest, our side of the fence seems a little less green thus far in 2011.
Old Mar 8, 11, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2 mill miler;UA Million Miler;Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
G Bonuses Finito - For Now

There may be a bit of confusion, and, as is often and to a certain extent understandably the case, some misinformation given out at the hotel level about Gx bonuses. Hyatt has done an exceedingly poor job of communicating internally that G bonuses are, for now, finito. I would take the very clear communication from the GP Concierge here as accurate and reliable.

Unfortunately, for anyone making a one night stay at a property that had a G2 or G3 bonus, now gone, the promo represents no additional benefit. I'm sure that this is one of the ways that the promotion was sold to property owners - given that many properties have only a 1.5 night average stay, meaning that the incremental cost to hotels is extremely modest.
Old Mar 8, 11, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by NJTraveler View Post
I had a two night stay last week at Hyatt Regency Columbus March 2-4. Upon checkout, I asked about G bonuses, and was told there was a G3 bonus in effect, and it was put on my folio. Now the stay has not yet been credited, so we'll see what happens.
Same here. I checked out of HR SFO on Sunday with a G1 listed on the folio but as of this post, my stay hasn't been credited yet. That's a little odd since SFO tends to post rather quickly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: