Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gold Passport Concierge?G bonuses?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Passport Concierge?G bonuses?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:12 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Are these also listed under Hyatt Special Offers on individual property websites, as well as Gold Passport Exclusive offers on hyatt.com?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Are these also listed under Hyatt Special Offers on individual property websites, as well as Gold Passport Exclusive offers on hyatt.com?
Certainly the latter is true. That's where I always look. That's what's the 13 pages of special offers is right now (with a few exceptions).

You have to click on the details of the offer and terms to see the fine print for each offer.

I looked at GH Cairo as an example. It currently has GP248, which is a 2k per stay bonus and requires Hyatt Daily Rate and it's good every day during the valid period. It's listed in both places.

Click through and read the details of that offer, then compare that to the terms of the G2 offer at Hyatt Westlake Village.

It's basically "eligible rate" (G1/G2/G3) vs "Hyatt Daily Rate" (GP248, etc.)

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 9, 2011 at 4:26 am
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:34 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14905772-post23.html
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I spoke with Jeff Zidell, Hyatt VP, regarding G bonuses this morning. He prefers to call them "property level bonuses".

In short, we will likely see these individual property level bonuses expire as the current set run out. He says Hyatt Gold Passport is reevaluating the offers and looking to reinvent the property level bonuses program.

This process will likely take until July as the program is rebuilt and reintroduced.

What we may continue to see are the regional bonuses like I posted in this January 28 Loyalty Traveler blog where there are offers for a group of hotels like:
  • U.S. West Coast (2500GP for 2,500 bonus points on two-night stays to Mar 31)
  • Germany (LH397 double miles in Miles & More to April 15),
  • EMEA (GP481 for 2,000 bonus points to April 15)
  • Southeast (10GPX2 for double points to April 24)
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wow, Hyatt, this is sad. You managed to lure a TON of new customers with some awesome promos in 2009 and 2010. Heck, I pretty much switched all my business to you. Now you've scrapped GX bonuses and more or less replaced them with a lame promo. Not impressed. Do you actually expect to keep us coming back?

Maybe you are more interested in become a division of Chase Bank (like United!) rather than the world's best hotel chain.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by satori
I spoke with Jeff Zidell, Hyatt VP, regarding G bonuses this morning. He prefers to call them "property level bonuses".

In short, we will likely see these individual property level bonuses expire as the current set run out. He says Hyatt Gold Passport is reevaluating the offers and looking to reinvent the property level bonuses program.

This process will likely take until July as the program is rebuilt and reintroduced.
Well, that takes care of our request to have the overview page by country/state listing the Gx offers re-instated on hyatt.com.

While some regional bonuses have been great in the past (I got 18k for a five+ night stay in Hawaii last year), it certainly hasn't been as valuable in aggregate for me as the Gx bonuses.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Fair enough. I guess I won't be staying in Hyatt's until July.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC

That's what my private line agent told me this morning too, the G bonuses at least are gone the way of the DoDo bird until this new 10K/5K bonus is done.
Only part sucks that there didn't find any bonuses to cover Mar 1-Mar 31.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess

What we may continue to see are the regional bonuses like I posted in this January 28 Loyalty Traveler blog where there are offers for a group of hotels like:
  • U.S. West Coast (2500GP for 2,500 bonus points on two-night stays to Mar 31)
  • Germany (LH397 double miles in Miles & More to April 15),
  • EMEA (GP481 for 2,000 bonus points to April 15)
  • Southeast (10GPX2 for double points to April 24)
Wow (re:July)! Thanks for the detailed info.!^
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
That's what my private line agent told me this morning too, the G bonuses at least are gone the way of the DoDo bird until this new 10K/5K bonus is done.
Lots of folks are thinking the same thing re: March! Am just glad I was able to take advantage of available G bonii in February!^
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Well, Mr. Zidell's take makes it sound unanimous, and over. If/when they polled the troops up and down, asking, "What's your biggest vexation?" it was probably the same as ours: "Those danged G bonuses." Don't get me wrong. I want them back. But now that they're as good as gone, the communication problems must have bugged them at least as much as they did us. And as I said above - small consolation - at least we won't have to hunt and chase them down anymore.

Two wishes remain: I wish the upcoming Nights After Nights were more generous, to eclipse the withdrawal that they are causing. And I hope the associated bonuses will post consistently.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
If I'm not mistaken, that happened before, and was only made clear by discussion on this board.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kenbo
Same here. I checked out of HR SFO on Sunday with a G1 listed on the folio but as of this post, my stay hasn't been credited yet. That's a little odd since SFO tends to post rather quickly.
I've got a stay there in two weeks. When I booked it, I added G1.. I'm interested to see what happens. For some of the properties I stay at (HPs), I usually get 700 points for the entire stay
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've got a stay there in two weeks. When I booked it, I added G1.. I'm interested to see what happens. For some of the properties I stay at (HPs), I usually get 700 points for the entire stay
Which is in line with SPG's program (without promos). At least this hopefully indicates that further point devaluation is not imminent.

I want to thank satori for posting his conversation with Jeff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.