Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEATTLE - Grand or Olive 8 ??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lomic
If you have a WoH account and are pursing free cat 1-4 nights in "brand explorer" by staying at different Hyatt brands, Olive 8 is a base "Hyatt" hotel which is really hard to find. Good enough reason to stay there IMO. It's a nice hotel and has a great pool and other amenities.
Thanks! The rates actually changed some already such that there's a decent price differential now between the two so we're going to try the Olive 8!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Both are fine. I live nearby, you'll be happy.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
We stayed at the Grand a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it - I'm only Discoverist and got upgraded to bay view rooms (2 rooms booked on points). I like the classic mahogany and brass look vs. the Olive 8's modern ambiance, but that's just personal preference.

I'll agree with the above regarding Brand Explorer; that was my motivation but led me to the opposite conclusion. I foresee no opportunity to stay at another Grand Hyatt any time soon, whereas we'll be visiting relatives outside Chicago in August, which has 2 Hyatt-brand properties fairly close to where they live.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by peteropny
Have the reservations merged then make sure the agent at checkin knows that you'd prefer the King for your entire stay - I'd say they'll likely accomodate you.
Unless they realize you are trying to abuse the rate. There's a reason the King is more expensive and/or less available. If you book a suite for one night and the base room for the rest of your stay, would you expect the hotel to give you a suite for the entire stay?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by strickerj
We stayed at the Grand a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it - I'm only Discoverist and got upgraded to bay view rooms (2 rooms booked on points). I like the classic mahogany and brass look vs. the Olive 8's modern ambiance, but that's just personal preference.

I'll agree with the above regarding Brand Explorer; that was my motivation but led me to the opposite conclusion. I foresee no opportunity to stay at another Grand Hyatt any time soon, whereas we'll be visiting relatives outside Chicago in August, which has 2 Hyatt-brand properties fairly close to where they live.
Since the hotels are a short walk from one another, OP could split up their stay and get two brand explorers!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Lomic
Since the hotels are a short walk from one another, OP could split up their stay and get two brand explorers!
Very true! I was just staying one night prior to a cruise so I didn't have that option.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:27 am

Post Covid Question - Does both GH and O8 have jacuzzi / steam / sauna reopened? Are they co-ed or inside the locker room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.