Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by fstop75
These two properties are like night and day in both feel and location. Both locations are great, depending on where you need/want to be, but are two totally different experiences!
Agreed. The difference is like comparing the St. Regis is Dana Point and the W in Westwood.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:36 pm

These two properties are like night and day in both feel and location. Both locations are great, depending on where you need/want to be, but are two totally different experiences!
OK, but how are they different?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: SWA CP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Amb.
Do you want to go bar-hopping in the city or relax at a resort near the beach?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by amgt123
Do you want to go bar-hopping in the city or relax at a resort near the beach?
Probably the latter. I'm assuming that means the Aviara? I was under the impression from reading this thread that the Aviara was not near the ocean? Am I mistaken?

Ultimately though, I think I didn't phrase my question accurately enough. I'm fairly adaptable, so I'm not too concerned with what is around me. I meant my question more in terms of which you veterans would prefer in regards to the hotel itself. i.e., if you were going to spend all your time on hotel grounds and in the building[s], which would you prefer?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by mrbofus
Ultimately though, I think I didn't phrase my question accurately enough. I'm fairly adaptable, so I'm not too concerned with what is around me. I meant my question more in terms of which you veterans would prefer in regards to the hotel itself. i.e., if you were going to spend all your time on hotel grounds and in the building[s], which would you prefer?
The Andaz San Diego is a hotel with a club during the week. On the weekend, it is a nightclub that happens to sell rooms to sleep. The lobby is jammed with the urban young, and the building reverbrates with the beat of the instruments. The Aviara is a sprawling resort with a serene environment.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The Andaz San Diego is a hotel with a club during the week. On the weekend, it is a nightclub that happens to sell rooms to sleep. The lobby is jammed with the urban young, and the building reverbrates with the beat of the instruments. The Aviara is a sprawling resort with a serene environment.
Ah, OK, that helps a lot. Thank you!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Not sure that anyone would want to do this, but Vivace Restaurant is offering a groupon available on Travelzoo...

www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/deal/3080
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Not sure that anyone would want to do this, but Vivace Restaurant is offering a groupon available on Travelzoo...

www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/deal/3080
Also the Aviara is currently being offered at "30% off" on http://www.vacationist.com
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by mrbofus
I was under the impression from reading this thread that the Aviara was not near the ocean? Am I mistaken?
You are right, they are not oceanfront. They do however offer a complimentary beach butler service that will take you to the beach and provide you with the beach essentials. Keep in mind that it must be reserved 24 hours in advance.

If you consider all of downtown SD, "grounds", then the Andaz has grounds, otherwise the PH Aviara sounds like a much better match for what you are describing. The service at the PH is very attentive.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:24 am

You are right, they are not oceanfront. They do however offer a complimentary beach butler service that will take you to the beach and provide you with the beach essentials.
Sounds like they can also provide complementary food for a beach picnic with this service? If this is correct that is a great benefit. Has anyone used this service and can further elaborate?

I clicked on the description link. It says:
The complimentary service includes personalized transportation to Mooonlight Beach with all of the necessary amenities: chairs, umbrella, towels, blankets and all of the accoutrements for morning coffee, an afternoon picnic or a sunset snack. Beach goers choose from a wide variety of light fare, sandwiches or fullscale ocean-side entrees.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:49 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by LeisureTraveler
Sounds like they can also provide complementary food for a beach picnic with this service? If this is correct that is a great benefit. Has anyone used this service and can further elaborate?

I clicked on the description link. It says:
The complimentary service includes personalized transportation to Mooonlight Beach with all of the necessary amenities: chairs, umbrella, towels, blankets and all of the accoutrements for morning coffee, an afternoon picnic or a sunset snack. Beach goers choose from a wide variety of light fare, sandwiches or fullscale ocean-side entrees.
telephoned 24hours in advance of our arrival to book for the second day of our stay in the afternoon. was told there was already a 'wait list" for the butler and that it is not on demand, but rather an 11am shuttle bus ride to the beach in some sort of mini bus.

the beach is relatively far from the resort, on the real roads (not a resort path) and over the highway. it was suggested that we take our own vehicle and that the valets would have chairs and umbrellas. when i asked to reserve they said they were first come first served. well, we like to go to the beach at the end of the day not in the heat of the day, so that activity was out, since we would obviously hardly be 'first come" in this mega-resort at 3 in the afternoon. it also renders meaningless the implied convenience of a "beach butler."

as for snacks, i have no idea. it's a pointless faux-offering.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Diamond Spa Access

Can someone confirm that Spa access (steam, sauna, etc.) is free for Diamond guests or for everyone? Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by ronbo83
Can someone confirm that Spa access (steam, sauna, etc.) is free for Diamond guests or for everyone? Thanks
For any diamonds who have stayed recently, could you pls list the benefits you received on your paid stays? Eg buffet breakfast only or can order off menu or $ limit, $85 lunch credit still available (previous posters in 2010 mentioned as benefit even on award stay)? Also, what kind of suite do you get if use confirmed suite cert. Thxs!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by FatB
$85 lunch credit still available
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15218405-post66.html
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Yes, diamond member has free access to their spa.
There is no lunch credit, and breakfast is up to $60 from the menu, or TWO buffet.
You will receive PARK SUITE for your diamond suite upgrade.
I was there 7/4/11, and this information was given from the front desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.