Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

VIP, VVIP, Celebrity Status in Hotel Profile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VIP, VVIP, Celebrity Status in Hotel Profile

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I'm only a Plat but I've VIP status at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok as I've stayed here over 300 times over 20 years and know most of the staff and have seen all the GMs come and gone.

When you have proper VIP status, your name is mentioned during the morning staff briefing from management to all staff. Your whims and wishes are noted, and (maybe) a photo of you is passed around. I have no idea if this is true.

This VIP status is on the Hyatt computer system which every other Hyatt has access to but the status is not transmitted to other properties as it is not linked to your GP. However, any Hyatt may find out your guest history if they so wish.

I was staying at the PH Dubai once and another staff there who recognised me from the GH BKK told their management on the second day to look up my guest history. I came back to the room to find 6 pillows piled on my bed, a double duvet (cos the airconditioning at BKK blows onto my head all the time), and lots of towels in the bathroom. Ok it made sense at the old Hyatt rooms cos when you shower it always leaks on the floor.. but the PH Dubai just took everything into account and just followed.

Basically you don't ask to be put on the VIP list. If the hotel feels that you deserve to get VIP status at another property, they will forward the information.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
News flash- if you have to try and find out if you are a VIP, then you're not. I am a Hyatt Diamond, that is good enough for me.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 4:18 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
When you have proper VIP status, your name is mentioned during the morning staff briefing from management to all staff. Your whims and wishes are noted, and (maybe) a photo of you is passed around. I have no idea if this is true.

This VIP status is on the Hyatt computer system which every other Hyatt has access to but the status is not transmitted to other properties as it is not linked to your GP. However, any Hyatt may find out your guest history if they so wish.
I can speak with authority on this, and have written in other threads.

All VIP 7 levels, including Diamonds are covered in the briefing before each team starts whether it's front office, housekeeping or F&B.

Levels do transfer between properties but these are set at the Hyatt level and not the property. This includes Courtesy Card, Diamonds, celebrities (for example Universal and Warners have accounts with the PH SYD so this where most celebrities on tour stay) and MNC CEOs or large account holders.

Hotel level VIP can also be afforded to difficult guests to prevent future issues from happy and to keep them happy.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Hotel level VIP can also be afforded to difficult guests to prevent future issues from happy and to keep them happy.
Some of those "difficult guests" really aren't difficult IMO -- it's just that the hotel may have failed such guests in some substantial way, with examples as follows:

A) concierge tasked with booking tours never booked the requested tour despite repeatedly telling guests that the tour guide will be coming in X minutes and then Z minutes after 2X minutes have passed still no repeatedly "confirmed" tour guide;

B) 7+ key-related failures in the course of 48 hours that required trips between the room and the front-desk.

Service improvements for such guests reliably noticeable? Not so sure about that, especially when "difficult guests" with such VIP status may be asked if this is their first time at the hotel. Could it be a case of disappearing status?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
This is something that separates Hyatt from other chains and why I prefer to stay at Hyatts. As a Diamond, I always feel like I'm treated well.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:03 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Some of those "difficult guests" really aren't difficult IMO -- it's just that the hotel may have failed such guests in some substantial way, with examples as follows:

A) concierge tasked with booking tours never booked the requested tour despite repeatedly telling guests that the tour guide will be coming in X minutes and then Z minutes after 2X minutes have passed still no repeatedly "confirmed" tour guide;

B) 7+ key-related failures in the course of 48 hours that required trips between the room and the front-desk.

Service improvements for such guests reliably noticeable? Not so sure about that, especially when "difficult guests" with such VIP status may be asked if this is their first time at the hotel. Could it be a case of disappearing status?
Difficult guest flags to be at the property level. It doesn't matter how many service failures there are. e.g. If a guest becomes irate and a duty manager has been involved and manages to resolve the issue, they may flag the guest as VIP to ensure that they are treated better than other guests. It could also be used when a guest complains at check out to ensure their next stay is better.

I know from experience that *wood's VIP codes have stricter enforcement. At some properties whenever we call housekeeping, room service etc. we will receive a call from the operator to ensure they have arrived and we are happy.

After the second day it becomes rather annoying!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
I know from experience that *wood's VIP codes have stricter enforcement. At some properties whenever we call housekeeping, room service etc. we will receive a call from the operator to ensure they have arrived and we are happy.
of course you know that because you are such a "VIP," and not just because the hotel may be following up as they do to ensure all guests are happy?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
of course you know that because you are such a "VIP," and not just because the hotel may be following up as they do to ensure all guests are happy?
I know this because the I am VIPd at the Sheraton on the Park in Sydney and when we travel the GM contacts other *wood hotels that we visit to ensure we are looked after. Precisely the same as the GM of a PH in Australia does for Hyatt properties.

When you get to know a good hotel GM they do this for you without you even knowing.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I know this because the I am VIPd at the Sheraton on the Park in Sydney and when we travel the GM contacts other *wood hotels that we visit to ensure we are looked after. Precisely the same as the GM of a PH in Australia does for Hyatt properties.

When you get to know a good hotel GM they do this for you without you even knowing.
I know of situations that sound sort of like this. Example follows. A relative of mine was a substantial customer of a certain Grand Hyatt in Asia; and when he booked other Hyatt properties in the world, the GM of that property had the next Hyatt hotel informed about him; then he got treated way better than the Diamond status would otherwise get him -- things like invitation to breakfast with the GM, special receptions on the way to and from the airport, etc. I had assumed it was maybe because he knew the GM at the other property, but I doubt he would have asked for a favor at the next properties being visited. I'm curious though on how the GM he knows well would know his future Hyatt plans, or if it could be just via the Hyatt CRM systems.

Personally, I'd rather not have my next hotel informed (by my previous hotel) to "watch out for guest".
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:09 pm

At the PH MEL the GM used to meet me on every stay. During our catch ups he would ask where we are heading on leisure next and on the very first occasion he started taking notes and said "I'll get in contact with my counterparts and tell them to look after you."

I would never ask for this but obviously if I was to tell him I wouldn't be back for a month because we were going on vacation I suspect he continued to do the same.

Another interesting observation I've picked up on is that booking your limousine through the hotel also results in better treatment. The drivers always phone ahead and generally am met by the duty manager and given private, in room check in. This eve occurs at Four Seasons where I don't have the secret black card.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by seiknujnama
Hyatt separate VIP to 7 levels.

Most of Hyatt hotels put Diamond as V3 which is third important groups.
That's the worst way of rewarding loyalty. Shame on Hyatt

Their Diamond status worth ZILCH @:-)
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:00 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; SM-G900V Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.93 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Originally Posted by seiknujnama
Hyatt separate VIP to 7 levels.

Most of Hyatt hotels put Diamond as V3 which is third important groups.

What? I'm not even sure I understand this post, but from what I THINK it is saying, it's complete nonsense.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:11 pm

How is marking all Diamonds as VIPs and ensuring all staff know who they are bad loyalty? No other large chain does this.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
How is marking all Diamonds as VIPs and ensuring all staff know who they are bad loyalty? No other large chain does this.
When they rank someone who spends more than 50 nights and spends a fortune on Hyatt stays, giving that Hyatt chain is more expensive than competitors, as a level V3 customer while someone who is not a frequent to Hyatt and just because he is famous because of social status at a higher level like V2 or V1 then this is a shame.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
When they rank someone who spends more than 50 nights and spends a fortune on Hyatt stays, giving that Hyatt chain is more expensive than competitors, as a level V3 customer while someone who is not a frequent to Hyatt and just because he is famous because of social status at a higher level like V2 or V1 then this is a shame.
Well, I suggest you don't stay at other hotel chains then, because you would be extremely lucky to be ranked anywhere close to the third VIP level. As m0hammed said, Hyatt actually pays Diamond a lot more attention than similar status might give you at another chain. I know that properties I frequented a lot as a Diamond gave me V2 level and I think my repeat business now has resulted in V1 level with Courtesy Card, based on the infrequent occasions when the V level is displayed. So it's not just social status unless my post on the eclectic NCME diversity committee triggered that status!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.