Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

VIP, VVIP, Celebrity Status in Hotel Profile

Old Jun 27, 10, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Hello, in one of the threads, I read that someone can have a special designation status (e.g. P or something?) for being a VIP, VVIP or something else if he/she visits a hotel very frequently.

Unfotunately I cannot find the relevant thread, hence I am starting a new one.

I'll appreciate if someone can provide guidance on the specific letters a hotel assigns to show someone as a VIP, VVIP, etc as well as the meaning of each one.

Mods please merge this thread to the original one if it exists.

Thanks in advance.

cheers.
Old Jun 27, 10, 10:56 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
The search function returns several related threads, all with "VIP" in the title:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-vip-code.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...vip-guest.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...tes-check.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-vip-code.html
Old Jun 27, 10, 11:06 pm

At check in yesterday at the Andaz WeHo, I saw myself as a V2. Didnt know what that meant until I read thru some of the above links.
Old Jun 27, 10, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks baliktad, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Would it be appropriate for a diamond to request the hotel to provide a V2 classification if he/she is a frequent visitor to that hotel? I am assuming once you have a V2 status, everyone in the hotel would see this (and not just at check-in), correct (i.e. in-room dinning, laundry/dry-cleaning, etc)?
Old Jun 27, 10, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by 1K+ View Post
Many thanks baliktad, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Would it be appropriate for a diamond to request to provide a V2 classification is if he/she is a frequent visitor to the hotel? I am assuming once you have a V2 status, everyone in the hotel would see this (and not just at check-in), correct (i.e. in-room dinning, laundry/dry-cleaning, etc)?
Personally I feel awkward about asking for status, but feel free to do so. I rather earn it or have them think I'm valuable enough to give it to me.
Old Jun 27, 10, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chanp View Post
At check in yesterday at the Andaz WeHo, I saw myself as a V2. Didnt know what that meant until I read thru some of the above links.
how did you see yourself classified as a V2?

As for me requesting, I am first trying to find out what classification they would have given me. Who knows I may already be a V2? Is there a way to find this out without directly asking them?
Old Jun 27, 10, 11:15 pm

how did you see yourself classified as a V2?
At Andaz locations, they have these little laptops that check you in. They are just on a desk and you can see everything they do as they check you in. I have had lots of stays in the past and many more coming up. So when they put my name in, a big list comes up with my future reservations.
Old Jun 27, 10, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

ok thanks chanp
Old Jun 27, 10, 11:22 pm

ok thanks chanp
No worries ^
Old Jun 27, 10, 11:35 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Also see housekeeping guest records. As a Diamond in most properties you will be a low level VIP. At the Grand Hyatt Cairo I am a higher category VIP as a frequent guest and it actually caused me some issues.

Got the Meet & Assist at CAI (they meet you at the aircraft gate, usher you to a VIP room with fruit, water and canapes while they complete your paperwork and retrieve your bagagge). RJ had lost one of my bags and I was pretty angry as I had my contact lenses and literally only the clothes on my back. Picked up in the hotel's Mercedes E class and we took a brief detour en route to the hotel. I swear that the duty manager called the driver no less than 15 times asking where we were so he could give us a VIP welcome, in room check-in etc. I knew that the driver would get in trouble so I literally took the phone, and asked the manager to stop calling. Apart from the annoyance, the driver was instructed to always answer his phone, and I didn't like that he was driving on the phone and navigating CAI traffic.

Upon arrival at the hotel the duty manager literally did not leave us alone for a good hour feeling the need to "VIP" us. I guess the moral is be careful what you wish for.

Sometimes the VIP perks are great, when hotels overdo it, it's just plain annoying.
Old Jun 28, 10, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
Also see housekeeping guest records. As a Diamond in most properties you will be a low level VIP. At the Grand Hyatt Cairo I am a higher category VIP as a frequent guest and it actually caused me some issues.
Are you a V2 at that property as if you are a diamond you would automatically be a V4?

Folks that I think may see your V2 status are check-in, concierge, house keeping, in-room dinning, restaurants, bars, valet, spa, etc.
Old Jun 28, 10, 8:31 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Hyatt separate VIP to 7 levels.

Most of Hyatt hotels put Diamond as V3 which is third important groups.
However some properties recognise Diamond as V2.

If you stay in the same hotel more than 100 nights, they will put one more level up.
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:42 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
I saw that I was V2 at Paris Vendome from the housekeeping cart.
Old Jun 29, 10, 12:52 am

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
Originally Posted by ctownflyer View Post
I saw that I was V2 at Paris Vendome from the housekeeping cart.
I wonder what I was there....should have checked
Old Dec 30, 14, 5:41 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), AS MVP 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIAMOND, SPG PLAT, IHG PLAT

I'm V7

Search this Thread
Search Engine: