Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Originally Posted by Pizzaman
I don't want to sound ungrateful. The promotions I've participated in since switching a chunk of my SPG stays to Hyatt have been very rewarding. But, I think it would be helpful if, when running an interim offer such as this, there was an offer for those of us that take Hyatt points.

I'm trying to earn lifetime diamond, so crediting all stays to points for quite some time. This kind of hamstrings me from taking advantage of an offer that I would easily earn 40-50K airline miles from.
+1
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Lifetime Diamond status?

How does one achieve that?
10 years GP membership and the hard part 1 million base points (so $200,000 spend) - I for one probably won't ever get there.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
This has been relocated to this topic.

From June 15, 2010 through September 30, 2010 (yes this night does count) our Hyatt Gold Passport members can earn 1,000 bonus miles per NIGHT (in addition to the 500 miles they can earn per stay) for a maximum of 30 nights! (WN members will earn 1 bonus credit on top of their 0.5 credits per stay)

Both existing and NEW Gold Passport members can register to participate in the promotion. Remember it is only valid for guests who choose miles for the stay and pay and Eligible rate. If you need clarification on this feel free to ask. Simply ask to enroll in TP30K2010 (using your preferred program).

Here are the Participating Programs
AA-American Airlines ()
2v-Amtrak
JL- Japan Airlines
NH- All Nippon Airways
QJ- Jet Airways
TA-Thai Airways
UA-United Airlines
US-US Airways
WN-Southwest Airlines

Happy Flying Everyone!!!

Nick H.

Our Q3 Promo has not been released yet. So we might as well offer you something while you wait!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by skj
I just got off the phone with the Diamond Line, correcting some prior stays. The agent told me to expect another promo in about a month and a half (around 1 September ?). She said she couldn't share any details, but when I asked if it included more free nights, the answer was yes.
This will be awesome if is true. I have several fall/winter trips coming up. Hyatt^^^
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:02 pm

I'm trying to earn lifetime diamond, so crediting all stays to points for quite some time. This kind of hamstrings me from taking advantage of an offer that I would easily earn 40-50K airline miles from.
I am not sure that choosing miles for your stays precludes earning base points for the purpose of lifetime status qualification. Lifetime status is based upon spend (base points) and has nothing to do with the total number of redeemable points one has earned.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jul 14, 2010 at 12:06 am
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I am not sure that choosing miles for your stays precludes earning base points for the purpose of lifetime status qualification. Lifetime status is based upon spend (base points) and has nothing to do with the total number of redeemable points one has earned.

OT but the undocumented requirements for "life time diamond" is earning 1,000,000 base points and being a member of gold passport for 10 years.

So, clearly stays credited towards miles will not help in this pursuit.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:26 am

So does it mean if i choose airline miles as my earning option....i get the 1000 promotion miles (as we wait for the Q3 promo) from Hyatt, the 1000 United airline miles and 500 base miles and the 2500 UA promotion miles (i m not elite so not eleigible)......hyatt puts my brains to work.....
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by thegreatgambler
So does it mean if i choose airline miles as my earning option....i get the 1000 promotion miles (as we wait for the Q3 promo) from Hyatt, the 1000 United airline miles and 500 base miles and the 2500 UA promotion miles (i m not elite so not eleigible)......hyatt puts my brains to work.....
The 1K bonus miles GPC listed in post 55 is the same one mentioned in the UA promo: 1,000 bonus miles / night (Max 30), now through Sep 30 - UA30K thread, so the max you'll get is 500 base miles plus 3000 (2000+1000) bonus miles.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:44 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello again,

The nights can be retro-actively credited to the accounts. Feel free to pm your information and I can personally get everything credited for you.

Best Regards,

Nick H.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Thanks for this interim solution ! I have 2-3 stays in the coming weeks to take advantage of this. ^

Will we hear something until ~AUG 1st that contributes to our GP account as well ?

Cheers !
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt D, HH Gold
Can we enroll for more than one airline?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I don't want to sound ungrateful. The promotions I've participated in since switching a chunk of my SPG stays to Hyatt have been very rewarding. But, I think it would be helpful if, when running an interim offer such as this, there was an offer for those of us that take Hyatt points.

Don't want to sound ungrateful either (I definitely am not unhappy), but thought - as feedback for GP for future promos - that I would have liked a GP points option as well. I have no aspirations towards lifetime membership; that would be at least nine years and $195,000 spend away and thus fairly "ambitious" of a goal for a self-funded leisure traveler. But I do like to collect GP points over airline miles because they are generally harder to get. And doesn't that also demonstrate loyalty towards Hyatt (vs some airline)?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:03 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by rdchen
The 1K bonus miles GPC listed in post 55 is the same one mentioned in the UA promo: 1,000 bonus miles / night (Max 30), now through Sep 30 - UA30K thread, so the max you'll get is 500 base miles plus 3000 (2000+1000) bonus miles.
I just saw this newest promo... and with all the multiple posts/threads I'm very confused...

Could we please get confirmation from GPC whether this newest promo is stackable with the UA1K 2,500 promo or not? Or which of all these current mileage promos is stackable, if any?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:12 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I just saw this newest promo... and with all the multiple posts/threads I'm very confused...

Could we please get confirmation from GPC whether this newest promo is stackable with the UA1K 2,500 promo or not? Or which of all these current mileage promos is stackable, if any?
Yes this UA30K is stackable with the UA Elite 2500 promo - despite what others may post I really don't see how other airlines' XX30K promo can stack with the UA Elite one.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 5:05 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
This has been relocated to this topic.

From June 15, 2010 through September 30, 2010 (yes this night does count) our Hyatt Gold Passport members can earn 1,000 bonus miles per NIGHT (in addition to the 500 miles they can earn per stay) for a maximum of 30 nights! (WN members will earn 1 bonus credit on top of their 0.5 credits per stay)

Both existing and NEW Gold Passport members can register to participate in the promotion. Remember it is only valid for guests who choose miles for the stay and pay and Eligible rate. If you need clarification on this feel free to ask. Simply ask to enroll in TP30K2010 (using your preferred program).

Here are the Participating Programs
AA-American Airlines ()
2v-Amtrak
JL- Japan Airlines
NH- All Nippon Airways
QJ- Jet Airways
TA-Thai Airways
UA-United Airlines
US-US Airways
WN-Southwest Airlines

Happy Flying Everyone!!!

Nick H.

Our Q3 Promo has not been released yet. So we might as well offer you something while you wait!

Can we get this bonus in addition to this promo?

Can someone clarify?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.