Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

UA Elite offer: 2500 miles per eligible stay thru Jan 31, 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:26 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

In my UA 2010 membership package, I found the following offer:

Earn five times the miles with Hyatt.

Earn five times the miles - 2,500 miles per eligible stay (500 base miles plus 2,000 bonus miles) through January 31, 2011, at any participating Hyatt worlwide. Registration is required. For complete details, visit www.goldpassport.com/unitedelites or call 1-800-30-Hyatt and request offer code UA1K5K.

Notice that this lasts ALL of 2010 and January of 2011, corresponding to the membership period for UA.

Update: This link is working as of March 11:

http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa..._mbr_src=UAEL2

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 11, 2010 at 8:40 pm
Old Dec 3, 2009, 6:03 pm

Great! Thank you for posting.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Thanks for posting.

I wonder if this is stackable also if already registered for the 2 stays for 2500 miles bonus. Looks like this is for UA Elite status only.

EARN 2,500 MILES PER STAY AT HYATT

To participate in this promotion you must join Hyatt Gold Passport via url www.goldpassport.com/unitedelites and stay between November 1, 2009 and January 31, 2011 at any Hyatt Hotel & Resort™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™ or Andaz™ worldwide. To receive 2,500 miles (500 base and 2,000 bonus miles) per eligible stay, you must provide both your Hyatt Gold Passport and United Airlines Mileage Plus membership account number at time of check-in, choose miles for your stay and pay an Eligible rate.

"Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com, hyattplace.com, hyattsummerfiedsuites.com, prevailing rack rate, BAR, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

Miles will be given for one room, regardless of the number of rooms. A qualifying stay means one or more consecutive nights at any participating hotel or resort when paying an eligible rate, whether or not the guest checks out and back in during such period; award stays do not qualify.

All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to be posted to your account. Miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the United Airlines frequent flyer program. This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, please visit www.goldpassport.com. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. © 2009 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Last edited by ORDLEO; Dec 3, 2009 at 8:18 pm
Old Dec 3, 2009, 8:13 pm

2 ?'s pls.

1) Pertaining 2 SanDiego1K's post-does the code mean u have 2 be a 1K as compared 2 ORDLEO's where the T&C's doesn't state this that I can see.

2) Do u think other airlines will follow suite b/c this will be especially great 4 Jan w/ AA.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 8:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

1) appears that you have to be elite with UA - so 1K, 1P, 2P (maybe 3P?) - who really knows how it will work though.

2) we'll have to wait and see - but Hyatt does have a "closer" relationship with UA than the other airlines - since they're both Chicago based - a few years ago - there was a similar promotion where you got UA miles as a bonus in addition to Gold Passport points.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 8:39 pm

Thanks. Now when I see so many UA promos w/ Hyatt, I'll know why. So r most of the promos w/ UA based on UA's elite status (has it been shown more that way n the past)?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Thanks SanDiego1K!! I guess it pays to actually look at the junk UA sends me sometimes. I totally passed it over. ^^
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
...a few years ago - there was a similar promotion where you got UA miles as a bonus in addition to Gold Passport points.
I'll have that one, please...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Thanks SanDiego1k! ^^

So I guess it makes sense to generally pick miles for our stays when we check-in, unless the stay is for a couple of days, there is a g bonus going on, or we really need or want the Hyatt points.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevino
So I guess it makes sense to generally pick miles for our stays when we check-in, unless the stay is for a couple of days, there is a g bonus going on, or we really need or want the Hyatt points.
That's what I'm thinking. A one night stay at a moderately priced Hyatt doesn't rack up that many Hyatt points without a Gx bonus. And we'll get our diamond amenity points irrespective of whether we chose points or miles.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Signed up today and called to convert 3 $55 HP stays last month to miles. A no brainer for FFN mattress runs compared to 400 GP Points.

And, don't forget, until 12/31, it's combinable with the 2500 bonus for every 2 stays.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Thanks for the info. I guess I will be earning as many miles flying UA as staying at Hyatt next year. I wonder if they could retro count my stays earlier this week.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kats
I wonder if they could retro count my stays earlier this week.
If you switch them to miles earning, I am confident that they would. The Hyatt computers sweep from the start of the promo.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
In my UA 2010 membership package, I found the following offer:

Earn five times the miles with Hyatt.

Earn five times the miles - 2,500 miles per eligible stay (500 base miles plus 2,000 bonus miles) through January 31, 2011, at any participating Hyatt worlwide. Registration is required. For complete details, visit www.goldpassport.com/unitedelites or call 1-800-30-Hyatt and request offer code UA1K5K.

Notice that this lasts ALL of 2010 and January of 2011, corresponding to the membership period for UA.
Great news. In this case I may make some additional bookings with Hyatt @:-)
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
not to get greedy but...

Would this work in combination with the DEL5K promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.