Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Washington, DC, Area FFN Mattress Runners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington, DC, Area FFN Mattress Runners

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA-1K; Hyatt Diamond
For me, the weekend was a productive one: Friday and Sunday nights at Hyatt Arlington, and Saturday night at the Grand Hyatt Washington. All three stays were good, hassle-free experiences. A few weeks ago I started out with a goal of 5 free nights (all the time I will have to spend traveling this summer) and I will meet that goal with a couple more stays this coming weekend. To be honest, i've been having a blast, so I'll be glad to have accomplished my goal, but I will miss the fun of doing this also. I just hope that Hyatt will decide to do a similar promotion during the summer/autumn months!
Old May 11, 2010, 9:24 am

The Hyatt Washington rate just dropped to $89 (AAA) for this Saturday the 15th.
Old May 13, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Originally Posted by IAD Guy
Are you using a code? I'm trying the AAA rate and getting $179...
Old May 13, 2010, 1:42 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by srodr
This past Friday I had to go out of town, so I couldn't actually spend the night like I usually do. So when I checked in I tried to turn in my Costco cert then, but the girl refused to take it saying that "they are cracking down on these" and so are only allowed to accept them now at checkout. I can't see why they would need to "crack down" on any aspect of these certificates as it shouldn't matter to the hotel when they physically receive it.

I didn't argue but maybe I should have since it ended up costing me 10 bucks.

Interesting as I checked in at the HR Dulles on Sat 5/8 and she accepted the Costco cert at checkin, saying she could take in now or later, even giving me a receipt for the credit. Maybe it was all the luggage I brought in.
Old May 13, 2010, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by yaromac
Are you using a code? I'm trying the AAA rate and getting $179...
No code, my reservation was made on Tuesday morning, the rate has since gone up I see.
Old May 13, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
No code, my reservation was made on Tuesday morning, the rate has since gone up I see.
Oh I see. Well, congrats to you anyway, fantastic rate! Have a good stay.
Old May 13, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Has anyone been asked to present AAA card at check-in at Hyatt Dulles or Hyatt Summerfield Suites Herndon? Thanks!
Old May 13, 2010, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by meecal
Has anyone been asked to present AAA card at check-in at Hyatt Dulles or Hyatt Summerfield Suites Herndon? Thanks!
not requested of me this past weekend

now can't you avoid this anyway with the kiosk??? (question not a statement)
Old May 13, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

Thanks!

Haven't stayed at a hotel yet with the kiosks. Just switched from SPG to Hyatt. Last week's stay at a Summerfield Suites in NJ, I didn't notice a kiosk.
Old May 13, 2010, 9:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
I have an AAA card, so I haven't been fearful, but neither of the Herndon properties you mention have checked so far. I also haven't been able to check in using kiosk, though -- maybe because of the AAA rate?

I'll be around Hyatt IAD and Summerfield this weekend -- who else?
Old May 13, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Interesting as I checked in at the HR Dulles on Sat 5/8 and she accepted the Costco cert at checkin, saying she could take in now or later, even giving me a receipt for the credit. Maybe it was all the luggage I brought in.
Man, that annoys me. Next time I will argue the point.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:54 am

It's still $134 for Saturday at the moment, but for tonight, it's back down to $89 if that helps anybody...
Old May 14, 2010, 8:04 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by meecal
Asked for it at checkin at HR Dulles on 5/8.
Old May 14, 2010, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by yaromac
It's still $134 for Saturday at the moment, but for tonight, it's back down to $89 if that helps anybody...
The last couple of weeks the Grand Hyatt Washington's Saturday rate has dropped from the $150 range to $89 on Tuesday mornings and then will escalate through the rest of the week. My procedure has been to reserve a room a week in advance, monitor the rate, and lock-in on Tuesday mornings when the rate has dropped. The strategy has worked for me so far.
Old May 14, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

No kiosk at Summerfield Suites Herndon; no problem with kiosk checkin at Hyatt Dulles, but you have to go to the desk to get your breakfast coupon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.