FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Washington, DC, Area FFN Mattress Runners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1075046-washington-dc-area-ffn-mattress-runners.html)

fsfsfsfs Apr 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Washington, DC, Area FFN Mattress Runners

Hello DC-area Hyatt FTers!

I floated this idea with a few FTers via PM and thought I'd finally make the post here. Mods, if you don't think this belongs in the forum, let me know...

Several of us have been mattress running in the DC-area Hyatts (mostly near Dulles) for at least a few weeks, and this will continue through at least 6/30 :). As a single guy, I have a pretty tough time getting friends to come along for the ride because they consider MRs to be "strange." So I check in during the middle of the night, get a good night's rest, chomp on breakfast, and leave, all by myself. Sort of a boring experience.

Having a little company could make it slightly more interesting... So, does anybody want to meet up for breakfast or late night drinks if we're already in the same hotel?

If we get any takers, I'll be sure to update the OP with the who/what/where/when.

[To be updated]

I also thought it would also be handy to post the best rates around the DC area for our FFN runs. Here are the best I've found recently. I'll update this OP as we go.

55 @ Hyatt Dulles (AAA)
62 @ Hyatt Place Dulles/Herndon-East (Costco or advance purchase)
62 @ Summerfield Suites Herndon (AAA)
67 @ some other Hyatt Places
73 @ Hyatt Fair Lakes

mommafrica Apr 16, 2010 5:22 pm

I'll find out where u r in a couple of weeks.

peteropny Apr 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs (Post 13785854)
I floated this idea with a few FTers via PM and thought I'd finally make the post here. Mods, if you don't think this belongs in the forum, let me know...

This is perfectly fine - makes for some friendly conversation possibilities - rather than a boring MR. :)

britinva79 Apr 19, 2010 9:35 pm

What a great idea. My gf doesn't always agree/understand with why I keep paying for these mattress runs. Once we stay at the Park Hyatt Istanbul this summer and wherever else we go she'll hopefully see why I do this!

I've alternated with the Hyatt Dulles and the Hyatt Fairlakes. The Dulles has the G2 promotion so that helps. Their service and breakfast is better too than the Fair Lakes Hyatt.

travelismylife Apr 19, 2010 10:02 pm

And if she doesn't, get a new gf.

jmr50 Apr 20, 2010 5:41 am

Looks like the volcano-stranded Europeans bound travelers are filling up our IAD-area hotels and making MR this weekend improbably. Boooo!

fsfsfsfs Apr 20, 2010 9:50 am

Originally Posted by jmr50 (Post 13807139)
Looks like the volcano-stranded Europeans bound travelers are filling up our IAD-area hotels and making MR this weekend improbably. Boooo!

I did see quite a handful of our European friends at Hyatt properties last weekend :)

There are still some rates in the $60-70 range available with AAA or Costco, if you are a member of one of those. Please share if you find a great last minute rate!

astan100 Apr 20, 2010 10:06 am

Back up...you guys actually sleep in the hotels you are MR'ing :)

hoosiereph Apr 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by astan100 (Post 13808619)

Otherwise, IAD is too far from home for the value of the free breakfast to exceed the cost of the gas! :)

As to the topic of the post, it's a good idea. I was thinking about collecting a couple of stays on 4/30 and 5/1 while Mrs. hoosiereph travels without me.

zacktravel Apr 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by astan100 (Post 13808619)

Why not? I always do. That way I get a free breakfast, nice bed and shower and the best part, someone else cleans up after me! :p Why would I not sleep there?

fsfsfsfs Apr 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by zacktravel (Post 13811002)
Why not? I always do. That way I get a free breakfast, nice bed and shower and the best part, someone else cleans up after me! :p Why would I not sleep there?

Indeed! Can't argue with fresh linens and towels, a great view, and breakfast waiting for you when you wake up. Even if the Hyatt Place breakfasts leave.... a little something to be desired.

All, feel free to either PM me or post your whereabouts/availability, and I can update the OP. Thanks!

Fanjet Apr 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs (Post 13785854)
Hello DC-area Hyatt FTers!

If we get any takers, I'll be sure to update the OP with the who/what/where/when. Starting with myself...

Fri. 4/16 - fsfsfsfs @ Hyatt Place Herndon/Dulles Airport-East

Sat. 4/17 - fsfsfsfs @ Hyatt Dulles
Sat. 4/17 - JP @ Hyatt Dulles

Fri 4/23 - fsfsfsfs @ Summerfield Suites Herndon

I thought it would also be handy to post the best rates around the DC area for our FFN runs. Here are the best I've found recently. I'll update this OP as we go.

62 @ Hyatt Place Dulles/Herndon-East (Costco or advance purchase)
63 @ Hyatt Dulles (AAA)
62 @ Summerfield Suites Herndon (AAA)
67 @ the other Hyatt Places

Hey! I stayed at the HP Dulles East on Friday, too! It was my first stay there, and probably my last. I prefer the Dulles North much more. However, my favorite mattress run is the HY Fair Lakes, and they usually are pretty competive with the AAA rate (then using the COSTCO certs on top of it) as well as more GP points (1W and G3).

As for others in the area, HY Dulles has a Park'N'Fly rate on the weekends that is pretty good (sometimes as low as $69). It's good for 14 days of parking, so if you're flying out of IAD it's a good option. And even if you're leaving during the week, you can book the room on the Fri or Sat, check-in and fill out the paperwork, and then come back to the parking lot on the day you fly out and take the shuttle to the airport.

skywalkerLAX Apr 20, 2010 7:23 pm

What are the average rates you can accomplish at these properties after tax ?

I will have to come over to DC anyway in order to visit friends. sounds like a good opportunity to bank a few stays in between ! :)

fsfsfsfs Apr 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 13812365)
What are the average rates you can accomplish at these properties after tax ?

I will have to come over to DC anyway in order to visit friends. sounds like a good opportunity to bank a few stays in between ! :)

The example low rates I listed in the OP are not inclusive of 9-15% tax depending on the property.

skywalkerLAX Apr 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Great ! Looks to me like the Hyatt Dulles is the best choice ! ^