Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Washington, DC, Area FFN Mattress Runners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington, DC, Area FFN Mattress Runners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Great ! Looks to me like the Hyatt Dulles is the best choice ! ^
Yup, and rave reviews from FTers too. Excellent staff, good breakfast. Hope to see you soon!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
For those who may be interested, Hyatt Dulles rates just got lowered for the weekend (both Friday 4/23 and Saturday 4/24):

AAA rate: $63
Advance purchase: $67
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
For those who may be interested, Hyatt Dulles rates just got lowered for the weekend (both Friday 4/23 and Saturday 4/24):

AAA rate: $63
Advance purchase: $67
Oh dear... wouldnt I live that far up !
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
this thread was a not applicable for me "until" I got stranded in the UK; now this has cost me a trip where I had planned on five nights hyatt hopping which now will not occur; I need to start looking for those cheap IAD area rates and catch up on some lost business
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by britinva79
I've alternated with the Hyatt Dulles and the Hyatt Fairlakes...Their service and breakfast is better too than the Fair Lakes Hyatt.
I'd say the Fair Lakes breakfast buffet is much better than Dulles. They usually have an omelet chef and just a better spread overall. However, at Dulles if you get the right waiter he will let you order off the menu for your certificate. I tried the crabcake eggs benedict last time and it was great. Unfortunately I've only found the one waiter there that allows this (I think his name is Ming), while the others say that only the buffet is covered.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by srodr
I'd say the Fair Lakes breakfast buffet is much better than Dulles. They usually have an omelet chef and just a better spread overall. However, at Dulles if you get the right waiter he will let you order off the menu for your certificate. I tried the crabcake eggs benedict last time and it was great. Unfortunately I've only found the one waiter there that allows this (I think his name is Ming), while the others say that only the buffet is covered.
At checkin they gave me a certificate for free breakfast and if I read it correctly it said anything off the menu or buffet. It could have been that I was on a AAA rate of $63 a bargain. Also they cooked an omelet to order which I liked! Both good. They are probably wondering why I keep coming each weekend now!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Anyone headed out Dulles way tomorrow night, May 1?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:58 pm

Sterling (IAD North) is $59 prepay tomorrow (Sat) for those interested; I may bite at this rate
Old May 1, 2010, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by britinva79
At checkin they gave me a certificate for free breakfast and if I read it correctly it said anything off the menu or buffet. It could have been that I was on a AAA rate of $63 a bargain. Also they cooked an omelet to order which I liked! Both good. They are probably wondering why I keep coming each weekend now!
I looked at my last certificate closely and it says "full breakfast". It does not say "anything off the menu", so I guess the hotel is the one to decide what "full breakfast" means, and usually I'm told it means the full buffet only. But as I said, if you get the right waiter he will let you order off the menu, which is a much better choice if given to you.
Old May 1, 2010, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Sterling (IAD North) is $59 prepay tomorrow (Sat) for those interested; I may bite at this rate
I'd say $63 is a better deal at Dulles since you'd get the G2 and 1000 diamond points instead of G3 and 500 diamond points. $4 for 1k points and a good breakfast and an indoor pool seems a better deal to me.
Old May 1, 2010, 5:59 am

I'd say $63 is a better deal at Dulles since you'd get the G2 and 1000 diamond points instead of G3 and 500 diamond points. $4 for 1k points and a good breakfast and an indoor pool seems a better deal to me.
not if you live within 2 miles of the property
Old May 1, 2010, 2:33 pm

I looked at my last certificate closely and it says "full breakfast". It does not say "anything off the menu", so I guess the hotel is the one to decide what "full breakfast" means, and usually I'm told it means the full buffet only. But as I said, if you get the right waiter he will let you order off the menu, which is a much better choice if given to you.
Some additional info on this topic:

I just made a res for tonight with the AAA Breakfast rate and the following quote is from the actual rate information on my res confirmation:

"Includes: Daily Breakfast For 2 - Breakfast Excluded From Day of Arrival. - Breakfast Only Available in Designated Hotel Restaurants, Not Applicable For Brunch or Room Service, and Includes Coffee, Tea or Juice and One A La Carte Entree or the Full Breakfast Buffet If It is Offered in the Hotel."

So once again they managed to describe in detail without actually giving definitive info. Does "or the Full Breakfast Buffet If It is Offered in the Hotel" mean the guest gets to pick or does it mean if a Buffet is available then that's what you get? (also this is for the AAA breakfast rate, so maybe the diamond breakfast amenity would be described differently)

On my reservation my room description also includes: "2000 Pts Executive Guestroom" because I booked it with the G2 code. I've never seen this much info about the rate, breakfats, etc included in a reservation page before; maybe its because I made it at the last minute?
Old May 1, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by hoosiereph
Anyone headed out Dulles way tomorrow night, May 1?
I just booked this and will arrive at around 5:30pm. I'll probably head right to the bar to try for a $3.50 Blue Moon before happy hour ends at 6!
Old May 1, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I just booked this and will arrive at around 5:30pm. I'll probably head right to the bar to try for a $3.50 Blue Moon before happy hour ends at 6!
I just saw this thread - too late though. I am "staying" at Dulles North tonight but checked in at noon and haven't seen route 7 since. Is anyone following up next weekend (maybe a field trip with the DC DO folks before a few beverages on Fri?)

And as an aside, I've noticed that HP Dulles North runs a bit late in the mornings, i.e., the HPs and Fair Lakes are easier to check in early on the back end of a two night Dulles Hyatt run.
Old May 1, 2010, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
I just saw this thread - too late though. I am "staying" at Dulles North tonight but checked in at noon and haven't seen route 7 since. Is anyone following up next weekend (maybe a field trip with the DC DO folks before a few beverages on Fri?)

And as an aside, I've noticed that HP Dulles North runs a bit late in the mornings, i.e., the HPs and Fair Lakes are easier to check in early on the back end of a two night Dulles Hyatt run.
it appears that we are at the same place tonight LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.