Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TheBigWelcomeBack (BWB)-3/26-6/30/10 Earn-4/1-8/31/10 Redeem (FFN or 5k for 2 stays)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which did you pick.....Free Nights or Bonus Points
Free Nights
81.97%
Bonus Points
18.03%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

TheBigWelcomeBack (BWB)-3/26-6/30/10 Earn-4/1-8/31/10 Redeem (FFN or 5k for 2 stays)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
If I choose free nights, will I still earn the GX bonus points for my hotel stays in addition to the Diamond Welcome Amenity points? Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by I Love Award Travel
If I choose free nights, will I still earn the GX bonus points for my hotel stays in addition to the Diamond Welcome Amenity points? Thanks!
Absolutely.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally someone posted something about 5K BMI miles per stay.

Do we know anything about that?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:37 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Hypothetical for Hyatt gurus:

BWB promo starts Friday, 3/26. Assume a hotel has Gx bonus for Sunday-Thursday stays.

If I check in on Thursday, 3/25, and check out on Saturday, 3/27, can I get both the Gx bonus (since checking in on a Thursday) and a BWB credit (since staying the night of 3/26)?

Further assume the hotel is an Andaz. Can I get the 5,000 ANDAZ5 points on top of both of these?

Many thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:51 pm

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
Had a 30 night stay at sheraton but now going to split out to hyatt, 1st reservation made for 27th march!

Last edited by meng79; Mar 23, 2010 at 1:18 am
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:05 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Here you go again, making me pack up every night and bounce between 2 Hyatts.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
1. I am interested to earn the 2500 United airlines miles per stay until Jan 2011. Can I have 5000 Bonus points after 2 stays through this BWB and also earn 2500 miles per stay? Also earn G1 bonus points and the Diamond amenity points too?

2. Will be attending a conference, made reservation through the conference website, which is much lower compared to Hyatt.com, will I be still eligible for the Bonus points?

3. In the past, has Hyatt been stingy with extending the redemption period? Because I just extended my free nights until Jun 30.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:17 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by bbbb
There is always some one that is not happy with a free gift!
Yeah, it is usually the ones that didn't get the free gift because they did not call in time. lol
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Thank You Hyatt... you just made my summer!!! Best frequent travel progam ever!!!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Extensions

Originally Posted by peteropny
Thank you for another generous promotion!!! But I'm a bit disappointed with 8/31 end of redemption since I have 3-4 nights that I need in Sept - oh well
I agree on the extension. My understanding was that a 1 month extension for Diamonds was common in the past. ^ Then they were overly generous with the extension this time around.

I don't understand the backlash, especially considering the rumors on this promotion have been around several days and so the 1% missing out would be able to earn new BWB awards before the NBT awards even expire at the end of this month.

Have a TON of vacation stays planned in September and wanted them to be at Hyatts. Guess I'll have to hope for the 4Q promo of FFN again (although that's hard to imagine since they're doing back-to-back in 2010).
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:49 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bbbb
So I guess you were in the 1% that the extension did not help? There is always some one that is not happy with a free gift!
While I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth (my extension was granted even after the deadline that I overlooked), the confusion expressed here on FT does suggest that the extension, if generous, was badly handled, so YYZC2 is right about that.

That said, I look forward to earning many nights (or points? I haven't decided yet!) with this new promotion. ^ And I appreciate the FAQ, which will hopefully reduce/eliminate confusion about this new promo. Nicely done!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
1) Thank you, Karen and your colleagues for reprising the most popular Gold Passport promotion and also great prep work in rolling it out, perhaps with our mods' feedback incorporated.

^^^^

2) This will require Diamonds touching base with our Personal Line Representative because she said she'd register all of us on the 26th. We need to let her know which option we desire, since it cannot be changed. Unless we go for the third one:

3) I already see a workaround that should be marked. Since registration does not need to be before a stay, one can consider waiting until late in the game to register. Then, by the lights here, all the posted stays should bear fruit in just the way we want them to.

4) I have a feeling there's a good (as in happy) reason for the hard redemption cutoff. Isn't the BWB expiry hard on the heels of the usual beginning of the "traditional" or primary FFN-type program period? I may be thinking too hard about this, but we're presently entering a serious April 1-June 30 overlap period between two FFN-type programs. Maybe they want to see how they and we handle this overlap before they set up another one. And maybe the current overlap is the reason the NBT extensions were handled a bit timidly.

So... a possibility of three FFN promotions in one year. That'd be special, too.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp

Let the fight for FFN @ PH Vendome and PH Tokyo begin!

I, for one, hope that Hyatt doesn't allow people to pre-book FFN stays this time until they actually earn them. I have no problem with people who switch from points to FFN. But those who do not have any pts and 0 FFN should not take away some of those precious quota until they earn it.
One of best comments in the history of the Hyatt forum on FFN.

Could not agree more.

I hope that the more frequent reports about hotels deducting points/FFN faster than ever is actually a first step towards this procedure.

^^^
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I think the best way to handle this is booking a paid night followed by a free night... burn while you earn !
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp

I, for one, hope that Hyatt doesn't allow people to pre-book FFN stays this time until they actually earn them. I have no problem with people who switch from points to FFN. But those who do not have any pts and 0 FFN should not take away some of those precious quota until they earn it.
^^ I agree with you but I guess this depends on how it worked for Hyatt in the past and what the cancellation rate was on these pre-earned FFN bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.