Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TheBigWelcomeBack (BWB)-3/26-6/30/10 Earn-4/1-8/31/10 Redeem (FFN or 5k for 2 stays)

View Poll Results: Which did you pick.....Free Nights or Bonus Points
Free Nights
81.97%
Bonus Points
18.03%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

TheBigWelcomeBack (BWB)-3/26-6/30/10 Earn-4/1-8/31/10 Redeem (FFN or 5k for 2 stays)

Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by indo79
I think Hyatt has been very generous and while the no extension clause may upset some people, look at the bigger picture, no other program has been as generous as Hyatt the past year...
Absolutely. Totally agree.
Quite clearly Hyatt pays attention to FT. Justified grunts are addressed and they bend over backwards to accommodate. Sometimes I feel that too many unnecessary grunts spoil the lot and the "no extension" this BWB is a good example. For the NBT, Diamonds were given an almost unprecedented 3-month extension but there were grunts ... so!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: EBD, Hyatt Globalist, Clubcarlson Gold, QR Platinum
Currently staying at Hyatt and checking out 26th March. Will that be regarded as a stay?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Absolutely. Totally agree.
Quite clearly Hyatt pays attention to FT. Justified grunts are addressed and they bend over backwards to accommodate. Sometimes I feel that too many unnecessary grunts spoil the lot and the "no extension" this BWB is a good example. For the NBT, Diamonds were given an almost unprecedented 3-month extension but there were grunts ... so!
While I don't think FT is without a certain sense of entitlement, I do think the whole extension thing was badly handled.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Ww -- at the rate I'm going I won't even make Silver at HH this year! I've been Diamond at HH for a while...
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Corporate rate does not equal contract rate, correct?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
While I don't think FT is without a certain sense of entitlement, I do think the whole extension thing was badly handled.
Not sure what you meant by FT's sense of entitlement...

As for whether extension was badly handled, that may or may not be so. I can understand Hyatt's sentiment that when their accommodating spirit does not serve its purpose (or not really appreciated or back-fires), they just won't do it again. Who loses out?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:16 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - I just posted "our" Flyertalk version of the FAQs - please read as this should answer most of the questions that you may have. Thanks!!!!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hyatt is *the best* hotel chain, without question. Aside from their incredible service and hospitality, their promotions are unparalleled. Super ^
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I am really impressed by this - thanks for the official info, Karen! It's going to feel weird completely bailing on AMB for the first time in five years, but with the promo and the really good perks with Hyatt overall, there's not a reason for me to consider requalifying for anything else...
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
And the Hyatt beat down continues!^

These guys are INCREDIBLE! I too was hoping that I could redeem them in Sept., but guess what...I ain't complaining!

Hyatt is making it hard for me to stay in other places!!!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
This may be asked and answered, but does registration have to occur PRIOR TO your first stay of the promo period? SPG usually allows you some leeway to make your decision, not sure if Hyatt does that as well.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Most Hyatt promotions are retroactive. You didn't have to register for NBT and make your free nights or point selection until the last day of the promo, if you wanted to. I waited until Dec and got all my free nights at once

I suspect this will be the same.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Most Hyatt promotions are retroactive. You didn't have to register for NBT and make your free nights or point selection until the last day of the promo, if you wanted to. I waited until Dec and got all my free nights at once

I suspect this will be the same.
I sure hope that's the case, since I have no idea what I'd pick today.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Great news. FFN is the best promotion in the industry, and I can replace the nights I couldn't extend. I'm also glad they've got a clear extensions policy this time.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Pizzaman
I sure hope that's the case, since I have no idea what I'd pick today.
That's why I waited until December

Between my husband and me, we still have 3 nights to use somewhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.