Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Compensation for Diamond with not able to access Club lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

May i know isnt 2500 points compensation with no Club lounge access for Diamond every time or per stay not per night ?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I believe its per stay.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
per stay.....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:39 am

I hate to give ideas like this to hotels in case they haven't thought of it themselves already, but has anybody else thought that if you are on a long stay (say a 10-nighter on an AAA braekfast rate at GH Kauai), that the hotel could benefit by just denying you Club access and giving you 2500 pts? I would hope they wouldn't do that, but it certainly would worry me if I were on a longer stay. Good thing most of my stays are short I guess.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Can someone explain to me how this even happens?

I mean, how is it that if they have an operational club that you could be denied access as a Diamond? I thought that even if you aren't on a "club floor", you'd get club access and therefore this situation of being denied access would be exceptionally rare (e.g. club under renovation).

Thanks..
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
The times I've run into it, it's because the club is closed. Sometimes like in Shenzhen, the club wasn't finished, since it's new construction. Other times, it's a slower time of the year and the club was closed.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Hmmm.. that would irk me quite a bit if they had a fully functional club and simply closed it due to lack of activity / registered guests.

Anyhow, thanks for the info, good to know.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Thumbs up Club Access

^
Originally Posted by ainternational

I mean, how is it that if they have an operational club that you could be denied access as a Diamond? I thought that even if you aren't on a "club floor", you'd get club access and therefore this situation of being denied access would be exceptionally rare (e.g. club under renovation).

Thanks..
I am a Diamond and have never been denied club access if there is a club and it is open. Texas Duck
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:20 am

It seems to happen mostly on weekends or holidays.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
compensation even when club was "open"

I checked into the the HR Ohare last week and was informed that the club was available to sit in but no food was available there. (so its basically couches + a computer and printer for amenities). I was offered two $10 certificates for food at the Red Bar and 4 complimentary beer/wine vouchers. Also, I was offered free breakfast at the restaurant.

I was also given 2500 pts for Regency club being closed.

I love Hyatt
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Just checked-in at HR O'Hare as well. No RC this weekend, got 2,500 points. But I wasn't offered the $10 certs. Oh well
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
O'Hare

From my last few stays at O'hare I have had to ask about getting the 2500 points. There are a couple of folks at the front desk there that really dont understand "diamond's" because you always have to ask about having them add regency club access. Then you have to ask about getting the points because the club is closed and then they will say "technically it's not closed" and then you have to say "Please give me the 2500 points". They will take care of it.

There are a few there as well that are top notch and take care of everything right away without asking! I do like this hotel...
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I hate to give ideas like this to hotels in case they haven't thought of it themselves already, but has anybody else thought that if you are on a long stay (say a 10-nighter on an AAA braekfast rate at GH Kauai), that the hotel could benefit by just denying you Club access and giving you 2500 pts? I would hope they wouldn't do that, but it certainly would worry me if I were on a longer stay. Good thing most of my stays are short I guess.
When RC is closed, you will get 2500 and also full breakfast too
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ainternational

Thanks..
Last time Grand Hyatt HK not allowed any Club Lounge access if you are not stay at Club room. I dont know is there any policy changed now ?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by karung99
When RC is closed, you will get 2500 and also full breakfast too
I'm aware of that. I'm saying for a long stay (and if you are on a AAA breakfast rate for example), technically they could get out of providing free hors'dourves and booze your whole stay by just giving you 2500 pts if they wanted. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.