FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Which Hyatts will upgrade Diamonds to available suites at check-in? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1035832-hyatts-will-upgrade-diamonds-available-suites-check.html)

m0hamed May 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Park Hyatt Melbourne

Automatically upgrades Diamonds to Club Deluxe Room which is larger than their standard suites, and precisely the same layout simply without a door dividing the living area from the bedroom.

skywalkerLAX May 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 13945793)
Reminder - while I'm not sure this thread is a good idea - I'm not the censorship department - this thread is for properties which routinely upgrade Diamonds to suites and NOT one off upgrades.

Thanks. Exactly !

The only hotel where I had a 100% success rate so far is the HR Orange County.

dtremit Oct 31, 2011 10:44 am

Got an upgrade to a nice (albeit unrenovated), full suite at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta this past week.

vike Oct 31, 2011 2:41 pm

I have been upgraded to a suite twice in the past year at the HR Woodfield (Schaumburg, IL).

Markie Oct 31, 2011 10:15 pm

No suite upgrades for me all year; except when I use one of my certs of course!

chanp Nov 1, 2011 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 17369579)

Same here. But usually a upgrade to the rc floor.

FriendlySkies Nov 1, 2011 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 17369579)

+1

thecoldhandoftechnology Nov 5, 2011 11:45 pm

100% at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place anytime they have shown availability. Of course when there is a very large convention at McCormick revenue stays usually book up the suites.

HaryoS Nov 6, 2011 8:16 pm

Usually, Hyatt will upgrade Diamond - guest room on first come first serve basis & I have asked and reconfirm this to several middle - top management at the Hotel. So, I am quite sure about it.

However, of course, each property has their own frequent - guest list. Once, you are in this list, you are entitle to get better room (including Suites, sometimes) first than other guests. Noted that not all properties implied this system strictly.

seawolf Nov 7, 2011 1:21 pm

+1 Grand Hyatt DFW.

Aruba. Was on an upgrade rate (AMEX FHR) but was upgraded several categories up to a Family Suite.

JY1024 Nov 9, 2011 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit (Post 17365816)
Got an upgrade to a nice (albeit unrenovated), full suite at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta this past week.

I was originally given a corner king, but asked politely about any better rooms/suites and I got upgraded to a corner "Crown Suite" at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. (A pretty good-sized living room with a pull-out bed in the L-shaped couch, small dining room table for 4, a "normal-sized" balcony off of the bedroom, and another "normal-sized balcony off one side of the living room and a really big balcony off another side of the living room.)