Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Where are some of the best beachfront Hyatt hotels for use with FFN certs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are some of the best beachfront Hyatt hotels for use with FFN certs?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
For a Florida hotel, and Key West in particular, what about one of the vacation club properties that we just got access to? Though across the street, the beach looked good to me when I drove by. It was before the change in policy, so I didn't focus with the attention I might have since, and I only just discovered where the property was. It appeared to be a wide beach, though some of it could have been white coral. Anyway, next time I'm down there, that's where I'm staying. Con: It's away from Duval, and away from all the people and the buzz. Pro: Ibid.

Separately, it should be mentioned that the Huntington Beach property, though nice as a resort, is across what is virtually a highway from the beach. Though the photos, taken at about beach or water level, obscure this. There is a pedestrian bridge across the road.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
For a Florida hotel, and Key West in particular, what about one of the vacation club properties that we just got access to? Though across the street, the beach looked good to me when I drove by. It was before the change in policy, so I didn't focus with the attention I might have since, and I only just discovered where the property was. It appeared to be a wide beach, though some of it could have been white coral. Anyway, next time I'm down there, that's where I'm staying. Con: It's away from Duval, and away from all the people and the buzz. Pro: Ibid.
The vacation club properties are not available with FFNs, only with points. I actually toured Hyatt Vacation Club property you mentioned in Key West (I think on Duval St. the Hyatt booth was offering ~$100 gift certs for timeshare presentations of this place when I was there). The room I toured seemed pretty nice, and the property was nice enough. Like you said though, it's way out in the middle of nowhere by the airport. The only good thing about it is it's near the beach. However, the beach wasn't nearly as good as it looks. It was dirty, seaweedy, smelly, and full of flies when I was there in June/July. I think my wife wouldn't even get in the water IIRC. I would stick to one of the other Hyatt Vacation Club properties on Key West if they are closer to Duval St.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:32 pm

Is it warm enough to use the pool at HR Huntington Beach in Jan?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:20 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by ghw
I am new to Hyatt hotels but was status matched to Diamond. Please suggest a few beachfront (in USA) hotels that might be good places for FFN stay on a 3 or 4 day weekend in Dec or Jan. THANKS!
List as well as a map of all Hyatt Resorts worldwide: http://www.hyattresorts.com/All-Resorts/All-Resorts.asp
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Originally Posted by VictoriaTravelNut
I was there late last Dec on FFNs. It was pretty empty -- not all the restuarants were even open. But walking on the beach was pleasant. I did swim a little in the pool, and used the hot tub, but it wasn't sunbathing weather. It was a very nice hotel and I did not feel my FFns were wasted.

Afterwards went to the Hyatt Grand Champions, close to Palm Springs, where it was warmer and I spent longer in the very nice pool. No ocean though.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by VictoriaTravelNut
January is in the middle of the rainy season in most of southern California (...they keep praying). Palm Springs, not so much (...ever). I've stayed and put meetings around southern California in January when prayers were being answered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.