Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Hilton Visa Promo - $50 credit with 21+ day advance booking in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, BA, UA, AS, DL. HH diamond, IHG Platinum
[EXPIRED] Hilton Visa Promo - $50 credit with 21+ day advance booking in Europe

Just got a mailer from Visa about their new Hilton promo: receive a $50 statement credit when you book an advance purchase bed and breakfast rate for Hilton hotels in Europe 21+ days in advance between March 1 and June 30. Go to hiltonfamily.com/creditvisa and enter promo code P29ADV. Obviously you have to pay with a Visa to get the statement credit. No terms seem to exclude 1 night stays, so this could be a good deal, but I didn't check rates since I've got my London trip already booked. Full T&C:

Terms and Conditions
Non-refundable full payment required at booking. Your credit card will be charged immediately for entire stay. No refunds for changes, cancellation or non-arrival on check-in date. Subject to availability at participating hotels throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe from 3/1/09 - 6/30/09.
You must book promotion code P29ADV to receive your $50 Visa statement credit.
Prices featured are Advance Purchase Bed and Breakfast rates and must be booked at least 21 days prior to arrival. All rates are per room per night based on 2 adults sharing a standard double or twin room and are subject to availability. Full pre-payment by Visa is required at the time of booking. This is non-refundable and non-transferable. Local taxes and duties may apply, please check at time of booking.
Please allow up to 8 weeks for your $50 statement credit to post to your account. The $50 statement credit is available as a one-time transaction.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Mar 8, 2009 at 3:30 pm Reason: link fixed
Old Mar 8, 2009, 3:12 pm

sorry guys for posting such a stupid question.. but being a non native English speaker, i dont completely understand the meaning of "Statement Credit"

thanks
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
You pay for the booking with your Visa immediately, then when you complete the stay they credit your Visa $50.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
thanks, nice find but in munich, cologne , duesseldorf i am not able to find a day with this rate...

anybody who can find these rates. please post sample dates for germany

found dates in april 79euro in dortmund ! 4./5. april
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
any visa? or does it have to be a Hilton visa?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
any visa? or does it have to be a Hilton visa?
Should be good for any visa since I don't have a hilton visa, just a capital one.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:24 am

Programs: LH, HH, PC
Originally Posted by derpelikan

The other german Hiltons are avaible as well at this date:

Cologne 109 Euro
Dresden 114 Euro
Munich (both) 105 Euro
Nuremberg 78 Euro

The price for the Hilton Budapest Westend is quoted in HUF. As the Forint weakens, the room price incl. tax and the 50 USD from this promotion is around 57 Euro. Not that bad.

Thanks for posting, angelsgirl85. ^
Old Mar 9, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
FRA EUR 150. Not as good as the EUR 100 rate a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by angelsgirl85
Should be good for any visa since I don't have a hilton visa, just a capital one.
Does Hilton has a Visa card at all ? Certainly not in US.

correction: nevermind found one from Citi
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Thanks for the heads-up.
Hotel of interest offers 148 EUR for a simple AP rate.
The P29ADV rate is 188 EUR. May be a slight advantage since it includes breakfast for 2 and the $50 credit.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by derpelikan
thanks, nice find but in munich, cologne , duesseldorf i am not able to find a day with this rate...

Hi dp,

Please PM me. Your box is full.

Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 5:13 am

this promo is definitely not on fire!!
a bit of a joke for all the hotels I checked out!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-bookings.html
make sure you check out the REAL price -not the price with this promo link
compare
then book
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I didn't check all the rates before posting. Like I said, I had no need to book a hotel for my next Europe trip. Hopefully someone can save at least a few extra bucks with the promo, though, especially since hotel BRGs are pretty rare outside the US.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Hilton has a Visa card in the US issued through Citibank. It is a free of annual fee, 10,000 bonus points at sign up, earns 3 points at Hiltons and 2-3 points on others depending on the merchant.
Good backup to the HH AX, if AX keeps playing their games, but pales against the 6points per dollar at Hilton properties from AX
Old Mar 15, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by angelsgirl85
Just got a mailer from Visa about their new Hilton promo: receive a $50 statement credit when you book an advance purchase bed and breakfast rate for Hilton hotels in Europe 21+ days in advance between March 1 and June 30. Go to hiltonfamily.com/creditvisa and enter promo code P29ADV. Obviously you have to pay with a Visa to get the statement credit. No terms seem to exclude 1 night stays, so this could be a good deal, but I didn't check rates since I've got my London trip already booked. Full T&C:

Terms and Conditions
Non-refundable full payment required at booking. Your credit card will be charged immediately for entire stay. No refunds for changes, cancellation or non-arrival on check-in date. Subject to availability at participating hotels throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe from 3/1/09 - 6/30/09.
You must book promotion code P29ADV to receive your $50 Visa statement credit.
Prices featured are Advance Purchase Bed and Breakfast rates and must be booked at least 21 days prior to arrival. All rates are per room per night based on 2 adults sharing a standard double or twin room and are subject to availability. Full pre-payment by Visa is required at the time of booking. This is non-refundable and non-transferable. Local taxes and duties may apply, please check at time of booking.
Please allow up to 8 weeks for your $50 statement credit to post to your account. The $50 statement credit is available as a one-time transaction.
I guess this is US only VISAs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.