[EXPIRED] Hotel Prince de Galles Paris - 52EUR/night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Hotel Prince de Galles Paris - 52EUR/night

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
We actually arrive in town on the 21st but we'll be staying at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome until the 23rd. I would love to get together with others, and I'm sure my sister would as well.

It's been a few years since I've been to Paris but one of my favorite restaurants was always L'Epi Dupin. I'm not certain they could accomodate a large crowd, nor am I aware of their current prices. It was always reasonable in the past.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff
Well, the majority of folks booking this rate were charged for their full stay shortly after the hotel agreed to honor. So folks cancelling are getting refunds for all but the 1 night forfeiture penalty when cancelling. And since the dollar has falled against the Euro quite a bit since then, there's some currency gains on cancellation as well --- on a four night stay, the 3 nights' refund currency gain should better than offset half the lost night.
Yeah, I got billed a long time ago -- thank God! I've got another "prepaid, non-cancel" reservation with Accor in Madrid that they did not get around to billing me for and the difference is painful.

Seems strange that one of the best investment ideas you could have made this year was to buy refundable European hotel rooms early this year and cancel them now!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
L'Epi Dupin sounds good to me. So far we've got wcrhkd and his/her sister. heramato, awc4, querulant, and me netfishpanda.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA platinum Ex, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Sister of wcrhkd, checking in with husband for dinner on the 23rd. i am very eager to meet up with everyone.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
So, we are, by now, at L'Epi Dupin on the 23rd:

wcrhkd and sister
awc4
querulant
netfishpanda
and me heramato

Please some more friends to want to participate of this FF dinner let us know.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Afraid I can't attend as I'm there 24th - 27th. Have fun though!
Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The GM said as part of his honoring the rate, no changes would be allowed. So I'm afraid if you don't use it, no one can. I've brought up Lurker's post below as to what was said.

Are you sure it wasn't prepaid? The Ts and Cs say:

"Fully Prepaid, Cancel Rules Apply, No Changes Allowed. Non Changeable.advance Purchase Rate.fully Prepaid.if Cancelled Outside Of 72hours Of Arrival Before 4pm, Forfeit 1 Night. If Cancelled Inside 72hours Of Arrival After 4pm Forfeit Entire Stay.."

According to that, you can cancel more than 3 days in advance and will only lose the 52 euros for the first night.
From Williams email am reading that there is NO cancellation charge if cancelled more than 3 days out.
is this correct?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

Tinky, what are you reading? From what I quoted:

if Cancelled Outside Of 72hours Of Arrival Before 4pm, Forfeit 1 Night. If Cancelled Inside 72hours Of Arrival After 4pm Forfeit Entire Stay.."

I canceled. The agent thought it was nonrefundable til I pointed to those terms. She had to call the hotel directly. Cancelations must be handled by them.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:49 pm

ah thankyou
yes I do have to cancel mine also.
I will point that out if I have a problem.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 5:15 am

I will be arriving with a couple on the 23rd and staying through the 27th. I originally booked 3 rooms but appears that we will only use 2 of them. I can cancel the 3rd room unless someone has an interest in it.

I will be tentative on the dinner - it sounds like a hoot. My friends are not FT'ers (yet) but I am sure would enjoy the crowd.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by heramato
So, we are, by now, at L'Epi Dupin on the 23rd:

wcrhkd and sister
awc4
querulant
netfishpanda
and me heramato

Please some more friends to want to participate of this FF dinner let us know.
wcrhkd thinks L'Epi Dupin may be too small for us. Alternatively we can try Au Trou Gascon. I had a good experience there. It's got decent reviews too. It's a bit far out in 12th Arrondissements though, near Metro station Daumesnil. It's not a big place, but when I was there, there were a couple of bigger groups (6-8 people).

What do you guys think?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL/NW, Proud Sky Club Member
Hey guys, three of us will be arriving on the 23rd and would love to join in the festivities
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Hey all, I might join in as well. I am still weighing in all with my wife but but she has not yet said no...

Should be there 23rd to 25th
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Probably someone with better knowledge of Paris can choose the place. I suggest that, as it seems we're all arriving on the 23rd, a place near the hotel (walking distance) would be the best option.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by heramato
Probably someone with better knowledge of Paris can choose the place. I suggest that, as it seems we're all arriving on the 23rd, a place near the hotel (walking distance) would be the best option.
So far we have:

Confirmed:
wcrhkd
ksuckow
awc4
querulant
netfishpanda
heramato
Funkywabit+2
sindjic

Tentative:
nawlins+2

Did I miss anyone?

We still need to pick a place...that fits 10-13 people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.