Search

5* Westin Madrid Palace £40 during June through Opodo.uk

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 7:17 pm

Nice info. To book it now.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 8:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by thesimflyer
Yesterday I checked out, the stay was good and breakfast was included(?!) altough I didnt try breakfast for the 2 nights I booked, too much partying I guess
Great. I was waiting for a first experience. Good to know that everithing went ok. Im checking in June 24th
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:16 pm

Im writting from my Westin Palace room in MAD. No problems at all on the check-in, everithing went smooth. Downside: Very expensive snacks on he room, Two small Pringles potatoes cost me half of the price of the room!!!
Anyway, If I had pay 285 Euros for this room (real price) I'd kill myself jumping out the window.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 2:05 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by heramato
Anyway, If I had pay 285 Euros for this room (real price) I'd kill myself jumping out the window.
At least you obviously got a higher floor, from many of the rooms jumping out the window wouldn't even guarantee a hospital stay...
Old Jun 26, 2008, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by aussieinsf
At least you obviously got a higher floor, from many of the rooms jumping out the window wouldn't even guarantee a hospital stay...
True!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:14 am

Programs: lh sen
Booked it on Opodo.co.uk, Opodo collected the money for three nights from my credit card, when I arrived at the hotel I had to learn that there was NO booking by Opodo but there were a lot more disappointed customers. The hotels comment was: "Check with this company it is a fraud!"

Had to book (and pay) again and paying now 198 euros per night!

Tried to reach Opodo.co.uk by phone or email: No result.

Better not try this offer! Was a good joke on FT!

and ... OPODO never again!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:55 am
In memoriam

I was very interested in this offer because I plan to stay at the Palace in the near future. I was planning to use the Starpoints cash and points deal which is 4800 points and $90/night.

I guess I still am ...
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by carpetbagger
Booked it on Opodo.co.uk, Opodo collected the money for three nights from my credit card, when I arrived at the hotel I had to learn that there was NO booking by Opodo but there were a lot more disappointed customers. The hotels comment was: "Check with this company it is a fraud!"

Had to book (and pay) again and paying now 198 euros per night!

Tried to reach Opodo.co.uk by phone or email: No result.

Better not try this offer! Was a good joke on FT!

and ... OPODO never again!
I am a little amazed at how often this company gets away with shenanigans that would get a brick-and-mortar outfit into court.

I mean, I understand that we are "mistake hunting" here, and that no one can truly expect to have all deals honored at all times, but (most of us) understand how the rez systems work, and the backups, and the backup guarantees to those backups, so when a company like Opodo comes around and basically says, "Frig you!" I have to sit back and admire the audacity.

And no, they will never get a cent from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.