Search

BRG: Travelodge Seattle Space Needle - weeknights in May

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2008, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

BRG: Travelodge Seattle Space Needle - weeknights in May

Verified for May 4, 5 and 12.

Free night, great location, allegedly low quality

Lower rate (10% off weeknights) found on Hotels.com.

Credit goes to SD (slickdeals)
Old May 6, 2008, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I can see it from my office window -- it's not a very nice place, and not as great a location as one might think. The northern fringe of the downtown core has a big clump of shabby, aging two/three-star hotels. This is one of them.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BearX220
I can see it from my office window -- it's not a very nice place, and not as great a location as one might think. The northern fringe of the downtown core has a big clump of shabby, aging two/three-star hotels. This is one of them.
Well, I just stayed there, and I thought it was pretty nice. They're going to be doing some serious renovations that are quite revolutionary for a Travelodge.
Old May 15, 2008, 5:38 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

After all these years, I am shocked that this property still exists as it sits on an extremely valuable piece of land. Personally, I wouldn't stay at this dump even if it was free.
Old May 15, 2008, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Geez. A free night at a hotel in/near downtown Seattle, and all people do is complain? I'm a bit baffled.

And have you guys even stayed there? I stayed two nights, and it's one of the nicer TripRewards hotels I've stayed in (and I've stayed in many). Service was flawless, breakfast is well done, free newspapers and apples 24/7, 100% non-smoking, and the pool seemed pretty nice. Maybe management has changed recently...many renovations have been completed, while others are in the works (all-down comforter and free Starbucks coffee for guests are just a couple examples).

I'm just still shocked that I post a working BRG and all I get is criticism ... kind of makes me not want to contribute...
Old May 16, 2008, 12:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Don't let these folks discourage you. I appreciate your posts and I think you did a great job at describing the place. It doesn't sound all that bad.

I've had lousy stays at high-end hotels and great stays at some budget places. Reading hotel reviews on FT or Tripadvisor can be frustrating. At times, you wonder if they are talking about the same property. So much of it comes down to luck, expectations, and attitude.

Keep posting your finds. A lot of us want to hear about them.
Old May 16, 2008, 4:16 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by mellowg
Geez. A free night at a hotel in/near downtown Seattle, and all people do is complain? I'm a bit baffled.

I'm just still shocked that I post a working BRG and all I get is criticism ... kind of makes me not want to contribute...

Your contributions to Flyertalk are greatly appreciated. Comments about a particular property in no way reflect my opinion of the original poster.
Old May 16, 2008, 6:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Your contributions to Flyertalk are greatly appreciated. Comments about a particular property in no way reflect my opinion of the original poster.
I recommend this Travelodge to many people and most have enjoyed it. I suggest you stop in the next time you are in town to check it out. It really has changed and is one of the better budget choices, a true diamond in the rough. No doubt better than just about every 4 points I have stayed in. And no snobby W hotel check in agents here, what you see is what you get.
Old May 19, 2008, 10:03 am

How did you get the free night?

Use of points?

We will be in Seattle this Thursday, the 22nd and would be interested in this property at the price you indicate.

Last edited by yamonjon; May 19, 2008 at 10:16 am
Old May 19, 2008, 10:19 am

BRG = Best Rate Guarantee

It's a program through www.wyndhamrewards.com

Read all about it here:

http://bestrateguarantee.blogspot.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.