freetraveling.com is now travelglitch.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

freetraveling.com is now travelglitch.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2007, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
this forum SURE has grown quiet since he's left. shame, it's always fun to get a great hotel deal...somehow, to me at least, it's more satisfying than a mistake airline fare.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Noodlesz
You can't blame the guy, not like he charges anyone anything for information. Free at will.
Seriously. I got in on one of 'his' deals here, so I don't have a problem with him.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 4:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
there is areason he doesn't charge, he couldn't get anyone to pay a nickel for his crap
Old Nov 27, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: AA GLD
Question Airfare discounts

On the old site there was a list of discount codes, mostly for AA for 5% off to some cities. I used a couple this year and they worked fine. I cannot find them on the new travelglitch site. Do you know where they are?

Thanks,

Motif1
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
there is areason he doesn't charge, he couldn't get anyone to pay a nickel for his crap
I took advantage of two hotel deals.... or steals

You just have to act QUICKLY!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by motif1
On the old site there was a list of discount codes, mostly for AA for 5% off to some cities. I used a couple this year and they worked fine. I cannot find them on the new travelglitch site. Do you know where they are?

Thanks,

Motif1
They're there. Look for the tan boxes in the middle of the page. They might look like Google ads to the casual browser.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 7:29 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
It was Tahiti or Polynesia. We all like a good deal, but outright promoting fraud/theft is nothing to respect. Anyone who visited his site last week knows what that comment is about.

Last edited by fastair; Nov 27, 2007 at 9:47 pm
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by fastair
It was Tahiti or Polynesia. We all like a good deal, but outright promoting fraud/theft is nothing to respect. Anyone who visited his site last week knows what that comment is about.
yeah, i saw what you're referring to and was both shocked and saddened, really.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 2:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
I'm looking for some imput:

Are these (mostly) "heavily discounted" one-nighters published on freetraveling / travelglitch and booked through Travelocity usually honored by the hotel? What's your experience with these? Also, I understand, that some are prepaid and pre-charged through Travelocity, while other deals are charged by the hotel upon arrival. Am I right, that this might affect the likelihood of the deal being honored? In other words: Should I book another hotel as backup?

Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 8:01 am
Kaz

Originally Posted by connex2me
I'm looking for some input:

Are these (mostly) "heavily discounted" one-nighters published on freetraveling / travelglitch and booked through Travelocity usually honored by the hotel? What's your experience with these? Also, I understand, that some are prepaid and pre-charged through Travelocity, while other deals are charged by the hotel upon arrival. Am I right, that this might affect the likelihood of the deal being honored? In other words: Should I book another hotel as backup?
I've done 4-5 of them. If you get them booked at the deal rate the rates have always been honored. Sometimes the hotel tries to cancel them, but so far I've always been able to get Travelocity to honor the rate.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:15 am

If some folks would spend as much time posting good deals as they spend bashing Lemex we would all have great deals.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 8:29 pm

not a deal for me

being a newbie, I bit on one of his posts--according to his site you could get the wyndham for $0 because of their price guarantee. their rooms were 116.00 and travelocity had 'em for $115. so I thought I'd stay there instead of downtown for free. My guarantee was turned down, because with travelocity's booking fee, it costs more. That's what I get for being greedy--I could have stayed down on the port for less. Even if i wouldn't have gotten my Wyndham by request check in treats. Guess I'll have to really enjoy the choc chip cookies and chardonnay!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by orygungal
being a newbie, I bit on one of his posts--according to his site you could get the wyndham for $0 because of their price guarantee. their rooms were 116.00 and travelocity had 'em for $115. so I thought I'd stay there instead of downtown for free. My guarantee was turned down, because with travelocity's booking fee, it costs more.
While I don't have experience with Wyndham's price guarantee program, most all others use base rates before taxes/service charges as a point of comparison. It certainly works that way with Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt & Marriott programs that I've dealt with personally. If Wyndham's program is the same, I suspect they "got one over on you", which is something you have to watch out for. Starwood can be guilty of not following their own terms and conditions if/when it works to their advantage.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:43 pm

thanks for the reply, BEAV.

Here's the response I got.

We have reviewed your request and logged onto travelocity to review their offer. When comparing the total cost of the stay, your existing WebRate reservation has a total cost of $124.12 while the travelocity reservation would have a total cost of $127.08. Your existing WebRate reservation is clearly the better value.

We must compare the total cost of your stay (room rate + tax + any service fees from the competing website) to determine which website does indeed offer the better value. We do not simply match nightly rates--we compare the total cost of the reservation. Due to this we are unable to honor your request for a Webmatch at this time. If you have any further questions, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of the Webmatch Program at www.wyndhampromotions.com/webmatch/terms.asp.

Here's what the form says: For a one-night stay, the WWW Guarantee will compare the total room cost as booked at the Wyndham.com WEBRATES with the total room cost of the lower comparable rate with its applicable booking rules.

I guess I learned to read the fine print a little better.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:43 pm

Hmm...I got an email offer to join the "2-hour advance notice club" for one-time contribution $25 Travelocity gift card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.