Reload this Page >

$12 ACCOR in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$12 ACCOR in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Originally Posted by GBadger
Is anyone seeing the $12 rate for January?
It is high season.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton
Maybe I walk faster than average but I managed to walk to the Siam Discovery centre in between 10 or 20 minutes.

It was indeed and not particularly pleasant though.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
WiFi: Free, or an extra charge?

I see the Ibis Huamark has WiFi. Do they charge extra, or is it free?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Can't say about Ibis Huamark, but the Ibis Siam has internet in the lobby, a card with an hour use is about $5; many nearby internet cafes are much cheaper, about $1 an hour. I don't remember if they had WIFI.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
I agree that the Ibis Huamark is good for a lay over in BKK. I used it a couple of months ago and it was very quick - no more than 15 minutes - from BKK in the evening and just as fast getting to the airport in the morning.

However, I would rather pay a bit more and stay downtown if I was doing more than getting in, going to bed, getting up and then leaving.

A couple of points to note about the hotel:

1. Make sure that the taxi driver knows where he is going before you set off.
2. Don't rely on the room photographs. The main hotel was full when I got there and I was shunted off into the 'annex.' Despite what I was told, this was not just like the main hotel. It was an adjacent apartment block with no services. Basically you got a frugally furnished studio apartment. The only concessions to the Accor room were a sachet of shampoo and a towel. There were no hotel services - the telephone was connected to the block's security guard who didn't speak English. To get a wake up call I had to go to the main hotel reception and when 4am came around, the wake up was delivered by the security guard knocking on the door! (The rubbish bins serving the apartments which seemed to be situated on each landing were pretty high as well).
3. Definitely no Wifi in the annex.

However, for a very short layover, you probably can't beat it for price.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by O Sora
It is high season.
Yes, I know... It's also when I'll be visiting, so that's why I was wondering. So I'm guessing that's a no??
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

If you go to the Ibis website, there is an option to look at an entire month's rates at a glance... the low rates seem to be available most of the time. Up until about a month ago, I ONLY saw the low rates.

Also, I would add that the dollar is VERY low now, about 30 thai baht to 1$ U.S.... traditionally it's around 40 to 1, so rates may convert a little bit higher.

It's always nicer to be more central, but in Bangkok that is going to cost... as an example, the Florida Hotel, pretty much a dump, is close to a BTS station, and I think it's about 1,200 baht a night... and it's a dump... The Reno Hotel is a 1 minute walk to the National Stadium BTS skytrain, a great location... friendly staff, but pretty much a dump too... also about 1,200 baht. The Ibis hotels are NOT dumpy at all.

The next jump up in quality to a nice international hotel chain near a BTS station will start at 6,000 baht. Sometimes you can get the Novotel Siam for about 4,000 baht... a pretty good deal for a nice hotel.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Thanks for the tip flyrights, I'll check out the month's rates. I'm going to be arriving at BKK late at night, so something close to the airport sounds good! May book it anyway, even with the higher rate.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: SPG, Etihad Guest, EK Skyawards, Thai ROP, MR Silver
I've just booked Le Fenix, Sukhumvit, BKK online for 1900Bht (£31) a night for 8 nights in October. Run by Accor but not bookable on their websites. 4* apparently and very new and modern
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:15 pm

how far is this hotel from US Embassy?
I need to get my passport pages add
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:05 am

Programs: SEN -
Originally Posted by nancy710
how far is this hotel from US Embassy?
I need to get my passport pages add
which hotel? Ibis is around 30 mins taxi, Le |Fenix around 5 mins taxii. US embassay is on wireless road(I think), whic is just off Sukumvit.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: Advantage, United, Krisflyer, Continental, Delta, Lufthansa, Thai
Originally Posted by malteser
which hotel? Ibis is around 30 mins taxi, Le |Fenix around 5 mins taxii. US embassay is on wireless road(I think), whic is just off Sukumvit.
Ploenchit Road at that point.......Sukhumvit ends at the overpass.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: Advantage, United, Krisflyer, Continental, Delta, Lufthansa, Thai
Originally Posted by maskedavenger77
Ploenchit Road at that point.......Sukhumvit ends at the overpass.

In Bangkok:
American Citizen Services (ACS)
Address: 95 Wireless Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel: [66](2) 205-4049
E-mail: [email protected]
Home Page: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/embassy/acs.htm
Old Oct 18, 2007, 9:26 am
2mg

Originally Posted by maskedavenger77
In Bangkok:
American Citizen Services (ACS)
Address: 95 Wireless Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel: [66](2) 205-4049
E-mail: [email protected]
Home Page: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/embassy/acs.htm
I'm gonna assume this deal is LONGGGGG gone and this last post was only informational.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by 2mg
I'm gonna assume this deal is LONGGGGG gone and this last post was only informational.
Not USD 12 but it's still pretty cheap for the prepaid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.