Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[RATE GONE] Priceline.com Misprice for Caesars Palace LV $20 per room!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RATE GONE] Priceline.com Misprice for Caesars Palace LV $20 per room!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2006, 7:06 am

D@mn, I logged a complaint with BBB too, but have since changed ISPs and the email I used has gone. I will have to dig out the reference for my complaint and give them a call.

Well done though
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by ingy
If I am to pursue this I would like the dates of your honored reservation and a confirmation number by PM if you would please. Congrats on your success.
You are asking dlouise37 to give you her confirmation number and dates???

I would think that you would understand that this is a VERY over the top request.

In addition to exposing some very personal information, the use of this by you would no doubt put her success back in doubt.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:52 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I understand your concern

Originally Posted by grayland
You are asking dlouise37 to give you her confirmation number and dates???

I would think that you would understand that this is a VERY over the top request.

In addition to exposing some very personal information, the use of this by you would no doubt put her success back in doubt.

I don't care about the personal info, just the fact that they honored one out of the original accepted date range, which opens it up for all of us again. Even just a confirmaton number without any other info would work I think.

It is of course up to dlouise37 to decide??????
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by ingy
I.......a confirmaton number without any other info would work I think.

It is of course up to dlouise37 to decide??????
I will go to bat for you if called upon. For example if in your pursuit of this matter a Priceline/Harrahs/CP employee questions whether "someone else" had their reservation honored or not pass on their contact info to me and I will call them and have them look up the record/reservation. I'll answer questions on how I went about it but I'm not comfy intentionally giving out personably identifiable info on myself or of the employees involved. sorry
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by COOLIO
D@mn, I logged a complaint with BBB too, but have since changed ISPs and the email I used has gone. I will have to dig out the reference for my complaint and give them a call.

Well done though
Just FYI: They didn't use my email to contact me. They called on the phone # I used for the BBB complaints.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:10 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Absoluetely Fair

Originally Posted by dlouise37
I will go to bat for you if called upon. For example if in your pursuit of this matter a Priceline/Harrahs/CP employee questions whether "someone else" had their reservation honored or not pass on their contact info to me and I will call them and have them look up the record/reservation. I'll answer questions on how I went about it but I'm not comfy intentionally giving out personably identifiable info on myself or of the employees involved. sorry

From one "Michigander" to another. Thank you
Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:27 am

Follow up

A copule folks have asked so....

My gut feeling is mine was honored only because I did a BBB complaint against Harrahs in Reno as opposed to CP in LAS. In the "tracking info" of the complaint the BBB had placed a natation/reply from the Harrahs CS admin. In it the Harrahs CS admin said"...this complaint should have been directed to CP in LAS and that they will forward it to CP internally to be addressed..." I think the folks at CP saw this come through from the mother ship and interpreted it to mean "make-it-happen" as opposed to "this is your problem deal with it..". Just wild speculation.....
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:42 am

Programs: DL GM, CO, SWA
Originally Posted by dlouise37
Received an email from CP in response to my email requesting that my reso be reinstated. They cite confidentiality issues and will not discuss anyone's reso other than person inquiring. Also, refuse to honor rate and stated that most info floating around on the Interent regarding this situation is not true.

Looks like BBB complaints must be filed because CP isn't moving on their position.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:21 pm

Programs: Soon to be EX-US Chairman
This is all too funny, because if you booked a regular rate and decided that YOU couldn't honour the contract you are SOL. Stick it to them Bastages!!

Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SW Gold, Colonial Kitchen Sink Club
Survey from Priceline

So has anyone gotten a priceline survey for the ceasar's visit that Priceline cancelled?

I was orginally supposed to be there last weekend, but Priceline cancelled it. Today I got a survey asking me about my stay.

...?

It is absurd that Priceline's systems dont speak to each other and know they cancelled that trip...

goofy...

-bill
Old Nov 23, 2006, 2:18 pm

BBB against Harrahs

Well ages ago I submitted one to LV. Having chased them, they state 'it was incomplete, please resubmit'

The one for Reno, I have received an email from someone. He offered me a room upgrade but at the full published price for Caesars. He managed to quote totally different dates to the ones I even booked.

And also, offered me a 'discount' for the Flamingo;

2/24 $342 (instead of $190)

I've written back, and my complaint with BBB is still showing 'no reply received from company'
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
FYI, I ended up offering to accept their $120/night Travelzoo promotion, which wasn't offered for the weekend I was there. They accepted. Not $20/night, felt it was a fair compromise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.