Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got confirmations too.

Very Happy!!!
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
so...... if everyone doesnt mind,,,, shall we post our dates and make it a FT?xD
1/9... just for the 1 quid fun of it.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka
so...... if everyone doesnt mind,,,, shall we post our dates and make it a FT?xD
1/9... just for the 1 quid fun of it.
Well, I’ll be there then, and on the 6th.

But your name is very off putting! I have to put an honorific O in front so I can give it a Japanese reading: ‘okaka’ (stewed and marinated seaweed – lovely in rice balls) and not be grossed out!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:15 am

Thanks to the OP for this. I missed the £1 rooms but got Dec 6-10 for £44 per night, which is great for London any time of year. I lived right by Hoxton Square 10 years ago and back then it was certainly a slightly dodgy neighborhood. Can't wait to revisit my old watering holes.

Last edited by galaba; Aug 17, 2006 at 8:53 am
Old Aug 18, 2006, 2:58 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Still no confirmation email, but the 1 GBP charge has already cleared my Amex. I will call them in a couple of days and just have them fax me another copy in addition to my printed web confirmation.

My 1 GBP Night:
Oct 25-26
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:37 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
September 2nd and 9.
October 12 and 15.

Received confirmation for all of them. Hey, arrive at LHR on the second in a trasatlantic flight and just changed the conection and made it a stopover just to stay at this hotel. Now flying on sunday to MAD with IB (award ticket)
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pues coincideremos el dia 2.

Pero porfavor, lo del MA, no lo mencionas mas, te lo suplico!

Ya lo sabemos de sobra!
Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:05 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by LapLap
Pues coincideremos el dia 2.

Pero porfavor, lo del MA, no lo mencionas mas, te lo suplico!

Ya lo sabemos de sobra!
See you there!

Ves, ya no lo dije, lo sacaste tu solito. Eso es bueno, así se ve que si leen lo que uno postea, jejeje.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carlitos
Ves, ya no lo dije, lo sacaste tu solito.
Solita! Although I'll be there with my husband.

Say 'hola' if you see a caucasian female with glasses accompanied by a wide shouldered East Asian guy.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
So I missed out on the £1 and £29 rates, but I booked a night in September for £59 (including VAT), which compares favorably with the £200-£300 (plus VAT) I normally pay to stay at One Aldwych or The Halkin.

I'll be arriving at LHR on a weekday late morning or early afternoon. According to the TFL website, travel time from LHR to Old Street station on the Picadilly Line to the Northern Line is about the same (a little over an hour) as on the HEX to the H&C Line to the Northern Line. Any reason to pay the higher fare to take the HEX over taking the Tube the whole way? I will have very little luggage.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:42 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Blumie
So I missed out on the £1 and £29 rates, but I booked a night in September for £59 (including VAT), which compares favorably with the £200-£300 (plus VAT) I normally pay to stay at One Aldwych or The Halkin.

I'll be arriving at LHR on a weekday late morning or early afternoon. According to the TFL website, travel time from LHR to Old Street station on the Picadilly Line to the Northern Line is about the same (a little over an hour) as on the HEX to the H&C Line to the Northern Line. Any reason to pay the higher fare to take the HEX over taking the Tube the whole way? I will have very little luggage.
None whatsover. I always take the Piccadilly (BTW, it's NOT Picadilly) line from LHR Terminals 1, 2, and 3 to Central London (usually Piccadilly Circus station) and it is quite easy to do unless you have a great deal of heavy luggage.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie

I agree with DCBob - you've got one less connection with the tube (change onto the South Bound Northern (City) Line bound for Old Street once you reach Kings Cross Station.) than with the HEX (which involves two connections - at Padddington and at Kings Cross, both of which involve long walks) The HEX would be a waste of money for your journey.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
Got confirmations and charges to the credit card for October. Did any November dates ever open up?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
Oops ... should have added ...any suggestions for good Indian restaurants nearby, maybe Balti?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBlaine
Oops ... should have added ...any suggestions for good Indian restaurants nearby, maybe Balti?
Not Balti, but Very good:

Lahore Kebab House 2-4 Umberston Street (just off Commercial Road). London E1
Link to Map (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...&keepicon=true)
- bring your own booze.

Mirch Masala - 111-113 Commercial Road E1 1RD (almost next door)
http://www.mirchmasalarestaurant.co....DetailEast.htm

Both are extremely cheap too. (and check out post 70 if you haven't seen it already ^ )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.