[Discussion ONLY] Hilton Osaka $3/night at Travelocity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Discussion ONLY] Hilton Osaka $3/night at Travelocity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by John_OHST
Could these vouchers be used on a one way flight in combination with a one night hotel stay?
I don't think we know the T&C's of these vouchers because Travelocity won't tell us and no one has received any vouchers yet. This whole incident started on April 1st and now it's ONE MONTH later and there is still not a final resolution nor any smiles on our faces. Is that anyway to treat your customers, Travelocity????
Old Apr 29, 2006, 3:35 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BDLORD
Vouchers are crap and useless. you can get a better deal without them.
Travelocity sucks balls and I have an interview with some people from the press.

I also heard USA Today wont bother with this because Travelocity spends big advertising dollars with them. So much for freedom of the press.
That is what I have been trying to tell everyone. They have been spending $$$$$ huge bucks on print and TV media as of late. That is more than likely a big reason why the press will not touch this issue. I have mentioned this earlier in this thread. Think about it, how many Travelocity commercials have been seeing lately? I know I have seen more than my share of them.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 5:00 pm

Sure, but there are always alternative media outlets who are more than willing to entertain stories like this also.

Also check out Travelocity's Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelocity

If anyone knows how to update it, then I think it is time that the truth be spoken about this utterly disrespectful and incompetant company.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 9:22 pm

Sad but true, money talks
Old Apr 29, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by martian
Sure, but there are always alternative media outlets who are more than willing to entertain stories like this also.

Also check out Travelocity's Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelocity

If anyone knows how to update it, then I think it is time that the truth be spoken about this utterly disrespectful and incompetant company.
It's easy but it records your ip address, just click on the edit link on the right.
Wow someone has edited it already.

Last edited by BDLORD; Apr 29, 2006 at 9:40 pm
Old Apr 29, 2006, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
==Tokyo and Osaka Hotel Bait & Switch==
Hey Travelocity How about that smile?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...4&page=1&pp=15
Over 1500 posts and 95,000 views
and then it was edited back
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

==Tokyo and Osaka Hotel Bait & Switch==
Hey Travelocity How about that smile?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...4&page=1&pp=15
Over 1500 posts and 95,000 views
and then it was edited back
Looking at Wikipedia's edit log, they classified it as vandalism. Their article on vandalism classifies it as any addition, deletion, or change to content made in a deliberate attempt to reduce the quality of the encyclopedia.

My guess is Wikipedia took exception to how this incident was posted rather then the content. For example if you put a paragraph in that just stated the facts about the incident from the customer's perspective rather then your Wikipedia addition as it was writen, I doubt it would have been edited.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by wr_schwab
Looking at Wikipedia's edit log, they classified it as vandalism. Their article on vandalism classifies it as any addition, deletion, or change to content made in a deliberate attempt to reduce the quality of the encyclopedia.

My guess is Wikipedia took exception to how this incident was posted rather then the content. For example if you put a paragraph in that just stated the facts about the incident from the customer's perspective rather then your Wikipedia addition as it was writen, I doubt it would have been edited.
yeah, for example take a look at the Alitalia entry. They have no problem with that!
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
guess there's no grammar test to be in travelocity public relations...

received this a few days ago in response to another email i sent:

Dear karenkay

Your reservations were cancelled per previous emails sent to you stating that you needed to make a decision on keeping the reservation at the rate the hotel had confirmed and receiving a free night stay at the hotel or to cancel and receive future travel vouchers towards a Total Trip (flight and hotel) package.

Our guarantee does not state that we will pay for the difference of the stay due to errors; it states that we will make your reservation correct which we did by notifying you previous to travel. We proceeded to contact all involved to save them grief due to a typographical error on the confirmation page; which the hotel, at the time of booking, had the correct rates, which were 100 times JPY than displayed on the confirmation pages. This process was done to give customers options to what they wanted to do with their bookings. This is how Travelocity made things right by giving you the correct information ahead of time so you would have a choice to what you wanted to do with your reservations. There was no money exchanged with Travelocity due to this being a published rate which is due directly to the hotel.

Also let me bring to your attention that it has been verified that the correct pricing was also the rate that you agreed to during the terms and conditions screen, which you processed by continuing the process prior to completing the reservation.

If you have any other concerns please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

XXXXX XXXXX
Proactive Customer Care Desk
Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:46 am

guess there's no grammar test to be in travelocity public relations...
karenkay

No ethical test either.
That recent full-page Travelocity ad in USA Today was full of lies. And they had the audacity to place the gnome alongside a geisha doll.
The only guarantee about Travelocity is that there isn't one.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:25 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ErthCrclr
The only guarantee about Travelocity is that there isn't one.
And that has recently been confirmed by Travelocity itself:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552951
Old May 1, 2006, 8:04 am

Travelocity lurker, I have an interview with NBC today. Try to kill that story asshat!
You may have CBS and USA Today in your pocket.
F YOU
Old May 1, 2006, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Travelocity lurker, I have an interview with NBC today. Try to kill that story asshat!
You may have CBS and USA Today in your pocket.
F YOU
you go, BDLORD!
let me know if i can help.
Old May 3, 2006, 9:06 pm

I can't think straight right now, so someone else finish this wikipedia entry so we can put something about this fiasco on there.

==The Travelocity Guarantee and the Japan Hotel Fiasco==
One of the most well known and well advertised features of Travelocity is the Travelocity Guarantee. The Guarantee is compromised of three rules which protects the customer and promises the customer's satisfaction. The Guarantee is a rare gem in what could be viewed as modern ruthless corporate culture and helps set Travelocity apart from its competitors. The most notable rule, number 2, reads as follows:

Human error happens; nobody's perfect--but in those rare cases that we make a mistake you can count on us to take responsibility for it, and to be thoughtful and fair as we work to resolve it. If, say, we inadvertently advertise a fare that's just "too good to be true," like a free trip to Fiji, we'll work with you and our travel partners to make it up to you and find a solution that puts a smile on your face.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
This is what Travelocity CEO Michelle Peluso said in her own press release on the day that the Guarantee was unveiled (emphasis mine):

"The Travelocity Guarantee and Bill of Rights is the direct message to consumers that we are a different kind of company," Peluso said. "They are not, however, slick marketing copy weighed down in fine print. Rather, together, they firmly cast in stone our renewed focus on delivering the best travel experiences one trip at a time."
Liar, liar, pants on fire.

The Travelocity Guarantee.
May 2, 2005 to April 2, 2006
R.I.P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.