Reload this Page >

HotelSlash Pre-Launch Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HotelSlash Pre-Launch Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2023, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by cfischer
good luck with that then. Hotel status/points and many other things may get cancelled in such cases (let alone legal repercussions). Just because one doesn't know doesn't give the right to randomly not pay for services.
This isn't randomly not paying for services or anything close, sorry. A person paying for what was billed as a two-bedroom suite, receiving a confirmation for that suite, getting a one-bedroom suite on arrival, and being charged specifically by the hotel to upgrade into the room they had originally booked is a misrepresentation. Paying for [X] and getting [Y] with a tangible financial difference between X and Y to the extent that the hotel literally charges for the difference would be about as clear-cut of a chargeback case as you can get.
SPN Lifer and restaurantin2 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
Originally Posted by edge
I went to the hotel and they told me I did not have a two bedroom suite, but that I booked a one bedroom - two room suite. The picture on Hotel Slash showed a 2 bedroom, my confirmation email said 2 bedroom, they told me that is not what their system showed. I had to pay the difference out of pocket and did not save a dime. I have a picture of the booking information that showed on the Hilton Doubletree system, the front desk person told me to take a picture of it and take it up with the booking people. She told me the booking was made via Priceline. Hotel Slash website has no contact info to resolve a problem so I could not contact anyone to resolve my issue.
I once had an issue with a Priceline reservation, I was able to call them and they called the hotel to help resolve it. Hotel Slash, no way to resolve an issue.
Was this the Doubletree Princeton? Believe it or not, I had the exact same issue and the booking page was showing a two-bedroom suite (I wanted the two bedrooms specifically) while on DT's website, there's not even such an option. I called up the hotel and the front desk thought I was crazy as they didn't offer that room type, lol...
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:42 am

I just made my first booking via HotelSlash for a regular property that I stay at in South Africa where the cost was literally less than half the BAR and lower than the cheapest rates I've ever paid there (including during COVID where they couldn't give rooms away).

Hopefully this will go smoothly! For this kind of savings I'm happy to give up the measly point earnings (and less happy to give up the elite night credits but hey, you can't win it all).
SanDiego1K, uanj and Stuggy like this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:18 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I just made my first booking via HotelSlash for a regular property that I stay at in South Africa where the cost was literally less than half the BAR and lower than the cheapest rates I've ever paid there (including during COVID where they couldn't give rooms away).

Hopefully this will go smoothly! For this kind of savings I'm happy to give up the measly point earnings (and less happy to give up the elite night credits but hey, you can't win it all).
It's always worth asking to add your loyalty program number--you never know when points might post. We use a number of different suppliers, and depending on the negotiated agreements between the hotel and the supplier it was booked through and how the rate ends up getting coded in the hotel's system, sometimes rates will still earn points.

The truly intrepid (or stubborn) have been known to try to add loyalty numbers at several points: calling the corporate reservations line before check-in, calling the hotel front desk before check-in, asking at check-in, calling the front desk from the room after check-in, and asking again at checkout. If you can get over the initial refusals to add the number in the first place, it depends on the chain, but in our personal experience booking our own personal stays through our system, there's at least a ~20% shot that the stay will post as a points-earning stay.
B747-437B and uanj like this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
It's always worth asking to add your loyalty program number--you never know when points might post. We use a number of different suppliers, and depending on the negotiated agreements between the hotel and the supplier it was booked through and how the rate ends up getting coded in the hotel's system, sometimes rates will still earn points.
I'm a fairly regular guest at this property so I know the check-in staff will add the number if I ask, but I'm pretty sure IHG's algorithm will flag a criminally low rate like you guys are providing as non points earning!

I shall try of course and report back in a few weeks.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: *A
I'm a fairly regular guest at this property so I know the check-in staff will add the number if I ask, but I'm pretty sure IHG's algorithm will flag a criminally low rate like you guys are providing as non points earning!

I shall try of course and report back in a few weeks.
I assume this is the IC at JNB?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by sds1493
I assume this is the IC at JNB?
Haha no. The humble Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport in Boksburg.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
It's always worth asking to add your loyalty program number--you never know when points might post. The truly intrepid (or stubborn) have been known to try to add loyalty numbers at several points: calling the corporate reservations line before check-in, calling the hotel front desk before check-in, asking at check-in, calling the front desk from the room after check-in, and asking again at checkout. If you can get over the initial refusals to add the number in the first place, it depends on the chain, but in our personal experience booking our own personal stays through our system, there's at least a ~20% shot that the stay will post as a points-earning stay.
Well, to my surprise the reservation has shown up in my IHG account on the app this morning despite me doing absolutely nothing so far. Not sure if this is due to IHG's system matching my email address (does HotelSlash pass that info on to the property?) or if someone at the property just recognised my name and updated it with my number as a regular guest. It doesn't allow me to see the details saying that I need to contact the third party provider directly, but my number is definitely in the reservation somehow!
Old Aug 26, 2023, 9:32 am

Delighted to confirm that I have received full points and stay credit from IHG Rewards for my booking made through HotelSlash!
uanj, AutoSlash and progapanda like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 10:31 am

Well, to my surprise the reservation has shown up in my IHG account on the app this morning despite me doing absolutely nothing so far. Not sure if this is due to IHG's system matching my email address (does HotelSlash pass that info on to the property?) or if someone at the property just recognised my name and updated it with my number as a regular guest. It doesn't allow me to see the details saying that I need to contact the third party provider directly, but my number is definitely in the reservation somehow!
This happened to me with a recent reservation at the Crowne Plaza Bruges - I booked through Amex travel to burn a hotel credit and a few days later it showed up under my IHG account. So they must be matching reservation details to membership somehow. My first and only time at the property so doubt it was staff intervention.
​​​​
AutoSlash and Phillbsb1979 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 10:42 am

Just tried HotelSlash for the first time after seeing the link on one of my AutoSlash searches.

​​​​​​Booked a Holiday Inn property, best available pay later rate on IHG.com was about $270 all in, Costco travel was about $255 all in, and HotelSlash came up at $240 all in.

So a good start. Will add to my rotation for future searches.
B747-437B and AutoSlash like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:56 am

Didn't end up using the last reservation I mentioned but did actually use HotelSlash this weekend for a last minute booking at a Hampton Inn property - $130 all in through HotelSlash while Hilton's posted rate was $270 plus tax. No issues at all.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by CorSter
Didn't end up using the last reservation I mentioned but did actually use HotelSlash this weekend for a last minute booking at a Hampton Inn property - $130 all in through HotelSlash while Hilton's posted rate was $270 plus tax. No issues at all.
Did you earn any Hilton points / stay credit?
boxo likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by puchong
Did you earn any Hilton points / stay credit?
Didn't try to be honest - Hilton isn't one of the programs I normally collect in
Old Feb 4, 2024, 2:41 am

I've been using HotelSlash now for close to a month and I have not been able to see any significant draw over what the usual actors (Expedia/booking/agoda/HRS) already provides. I suspect there's a geographic divide here, I'm mainly searching for hotels in South East Asia, while the majority of users are focusing on the US (if the general buzz on this forum is any indication). Is there a specific time window where HotelSlash works best? For comparison I typically book hotels several months out on my projects.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.