HotelSlash Pre-Launch Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HotelSlash Pre-Launch Offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: Costco Club
Are you able to compete with/beat Hotwire prices? There are some hidden rates on Hotwire that are incredible.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:16 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Are you able to compete with/beat Hotwire prices? There are some hidden rates on Hotwire that are incredible.
It's impossible to give a definitive answer here because there are lots of sources of rates out there and pricing and inventory can change from day to day--sometimes even multiple times a day. I'm sure there will be cases where we will beat Hotwire and there will be other cases where Hotwire beats us, but it really depends on what property you're looking at, what dates, what room type, and when you're doing the search. In short, it's always worth checking both, and since HotelSlash membership is free right now, there's not much of a downside to checking it alongside whatever else is your preferred hotel booking/deals site.

I would also note here that many of Hotwire's best deals require upfront payment and have a strict no-cancellation policy. Although this can net you a low rate, it also means that you're locked in, even if your plans change or a better offer arises later.

HotelSlash has various types of deals with some requiring pre-payment but refundable, some pre-payment but non-refundable, and some which don't require payment up-front at all.

Lastly, if you do book elsewhere, assuming you booked a refundable rate, you can forward your hotel confirmation email to [email protected] and we'll look for better deals. Our track record in finding lower rates for customers over the past year or two is quite good and we have saved our early users a lot of money.
SharkyTheArchae likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
If this works as well as Autoslash, well, you'll have one more happy customer!
B747-437B and AutoSlash like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:19 am

Just signed up and I didn't get confirmation email either.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Thanks for providing this access. I just joined, and it looks like high-end hotels in Los Angeles are about $100-150 lower than the best Kayak alternatives for my dates. I look forward to exploring the options.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Just signed up, haven't received welcome/confirmation email.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
I have used Autoslash very very successfully in the US and Europe and excited about Hotelslash.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

roastpuff ilspy Palal Sorry for the confusion here. Upon further investigation, I realized that there isn't actually a welcome email that goes out even though your account has been created. You should be able to login with your email address and request a quote.

I guess based on the fact that multiple people seem to expect some sort of welcome email, we'll work to put that in place. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us to improve the site experience!
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:28 pm

Just registered and searched for an upcoming one night stay in Madrid. If I can make a suggestion, a map view can be useful, as I'm looking for properties either close to the airport or in a good location close to the center of the city. Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by therealdre
Just registered and searched for an upcoming one night stay in Madrid. If I can make a suggestion, a map view can be useful, as I'm looking for properties either close to the airport or in a good location close to center. Thanks!
Yes, a map view is one of the top UI enhancements that we are working on. Appreciate the feedback!
amejr999 and therealdre like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Access blocked from Indonesia, unless I use a VPN.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Access blocked from Indonesia, unless I use a VPN.
Sorry about that. We had some persistent fraudsters from Indonesia targeting the site a while back and we had to put some blocks in place. We’ll look at lifting those soon, but VPN is the way to go for now. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Sorry about that. We had some persistent fraudsters from Indonesia targeting the site a while back and we had to put some blocks in place. We’ll look at lifting those soon, but VPN is the way to go for now. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Yes, I understand. I’m used to using it for Costco, Walmart, plus some sites the government blocks, like Reddit.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:07 pm

Thanks for sharing! There was a Berlin startup just offering the checking for cheaper rates function: https://www.instagram.com/dreamcheaper/

For me it never made sense as it could not account for Cashback, points or hotels.com free nights adding up to 20% discount or so. For some average users it might though.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estrela
Thanks for sharing! There was a Berlin startup just offering the checking for cheaper rates function: https://www.instagram.com/dreamcheaper/

For me it never made sense as it could not account for Cashback, points or hotels.com free nights adding up to 20% discount or so. For some average users it might though.
Yeah, the proverbial road is littered with the carcasses of failed companies that have pursued this goal including Dreamcheaper, Tingo (from TripAdvisor), Rebookey, TripRebel, Waylo, HotelRatePro, RoomsNinja, etc.

We've spent years figuring out how to be successful digging deeper to get our car rental customers the best deals possible. Our success there is unparalleled, not to mention our reputation with our customers (4.9 rating on both Facebook and Google Reviews). We're just getting started and are in this for the long haul, so stay tuned as we innovate in this space.

All of that said, our goal is simply the best price and the best service without a lot of work. If squeezing out every last cent using cashback sites, points, promotions, and other creative strategies is your cup of tea, then have at it. We'd rather keep it simple and show you the lowest rate possible so you can compare. If you can find a better deal elsewhere, respect to you.

Note that unlike other sites, we show the total cost up-front including all taxes and fees. No need to have to navigate to the checkout page to see the final price. If there is a resort fee or local taxes due, we show that as well.

We're building the site that we want to use ourselves. It's a work in progress, but we think it's a great start. We hope y'all do as well.
centrifuge41 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.