Wiki Posts
Search

Travelzoo: Confidential: $149 Hawaii beachfront escape, through May

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Travelzoo: Confidential: $149 Hawaii beachfront escape, through May

Received the subject offer in today's "Top 20" weekly email.Head to Hawaii this winter and check into one of its top resorts. This beachfront retreat recently won a “World’s Best” award from Travel + Leisure.
With this offer, Travelzoo members pay just $149 per room per night, through May. Public rates, including current Cyber Sale prices, are between $279-$545 per night — which means you save 50-70%.

As you may have noticed, this offer is different from the others we send you. This offer is strictly confidential, meaning that we are not allowed to reveal details of the hotel or the rate to the public. Access to this information must remain protected.

Clicking on the link:

This offer is strictly confidential.
To unlock access to confidential offers, you will need to pay a fee of $20. Access is valid for 6 months.
In order to view this (and future) confidential offers, you will need to pay an access fee and accept a simple confidentiality agreement.

Appears to be for a Waikiki Beach Resort.
$149 per night can be a good deal in Waikiki, but the quality of hotels varies greatly, just don't feel right about encouraging such promotions by giving then $20.

Any experience?
Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:46 pm

No experience with this type of deal, but plenty of experience with Waikiki. It could easily be worth it.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:11 pm

I personally wouldn't. Last week I came across a rate on TripAdvisor for a property I wanted and it required joining TA Plus for $99 a year. The savings were well more than that so I considered it briefly but soon found other sites with the same rates for free. I have yet to find any service that is worth paying a fee for.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:50 pm

I would wait for another positive DP before paying a fee. I've searched and can't seem to find anything ether.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: none
Hi Diver858 - I noticed it's been a little while since you posted this. I got the same email today and wondered what you did. Did you try the offer and if so was it worth it?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:53 pm

Programs: Globalist, BA Silver, United Silver, KrisFlyer Gold
A pretty good deal
Old Mar 24, 2023, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by baldguy
A pretty good deal
I would agree. $150 anywhere in the islands not bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.