Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan To Go Campaign Experience

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Japan To Go Campaign Experience

I am wondering if any of you have experience using To Go Travel Campaign on chain hotel like Hyatt/Marriott/Ihg/Hilton?
I read from another post that for Marriott and IHG, we need to go to StayNavi to enter reservation to generate the discount. Would be interested to learn about Hyatt and Hilton.
Or any experience on using travel to go campaign (ryokan/Airbnb/local hotels) would be great. I am trying to learn to use this discount while it lasts.
Stay Navi is somewhat confusing so any pointer is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Old Dec 12, 2020, 4:25 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I believe there’s been some discussion of this on the DemFlyers blog
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
It's "Go To Travel" not " To Go".

It is being suspended.

It may sound like Engrish, but I've heard that the government used it intentionally, for the Japanese general public to understand the meaning easily.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
If this thing comes back, I'd love to know what it was. I am SUPPOSED to be there for the Olympics... as I did not get to go last year (obviously, lol!!)
Old Feb 22, 2021, 5:04 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
It was/is a domestic tourism campaign, where you would get about 30% off most hotel stays, tours, and maybe a few other things when booked and paid through a travel agent (including online). You needed to be a resident of Japan and traveling outside your home prefecture; I don't know how strict it was but of course they do check your ID at hotels when you check in.

It started last summer, was suspended for the New Year holidays, and then the suspension extended into February, and now until March 7th. It's unclear if it will resume, whether by March, later in the year, or never. But it will almost certainly be finished by the time international tourism comes back.
Carolina2Cali likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.