Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Del Coronado From $91

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Talking Hotel Del Coronado From $91

Hotel Del has a Promo code "BUDDY" active giving 60-65% off retail it looks like through end of September. If you use the Hilton website you can type in BUDDY and it will give you the discount. With all the stuff happening around COVID19 it seems cancellations are easy these days. I might just book something for the future plus this just seems to have a 3 day cancel policy on it...
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Cartel14
Hotel Del has a Promo code "BUDDY" active giving 60-65% off retail it looks like through end of September. If you use the Hilton website you can type in BUDDY and it will give you the discount. With all the stuff happening around COVID19 it seems cancellations are easy these days. I might just book something for the future plus this just seems to have a 3 day cancel policy on it...
Can you provide some sample dates?
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Can you provide some sample dates?
We plan to be in San Diego end of August...not seeing any where close to this price at Del Coronado in August...
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If "BUDDY" is a friends and family rate (or whatever Hilton calls their program), you could be required to provide documentation of eligibility at check in.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If "BUDDY" is a friends and family rate (or whatever Hilton calls their program), you could be required to provide documentation of eligibility at check in.
What sort of documentation? I will be traveling with the Mrs. and 2 kids...both mine :-)
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by metalblaze
What sort of documentation? I will be traveling with the Mrs. and 2 kids...both mine :-)
They just need a DNA test that the kids are yours, submitted directly by Maury Povich, that's all....
And if you are from NY, 2 weeks quarantine, goes without saying...
bbbb likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just a note that place was under very heavy construction when we went by there last month...may be over by summer of course.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Cartel14
​​​​​​
I looked for July a few minutes after this deal was posted. I didn't see any rates that came close to what the OP posted as well.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:19 am

Thanks, in for our Anniversary in August. Rates were $215/night. Still pretty decent for that place.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I love this place. It is not particularly convenient to the Zoo or downtown SD (but a very tolerable drive) but on the plus side it has a great beach and lots of charm.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
The hotel is closed until further notice. https://coronadotimes.com/news/2020/...n-its-history/
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
The hotel is closed until further notice. https://coronadotimes.com/news/2020/...n-its-history/
LOL
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:21 pm

I see the $99 rates but its $50 per night for valet parking . WTH. Parking is a deal breaker.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 9:00 am

Stayed 2 years ago with Hilton FNC. The room was dated. I can see why it’s under renovation. Did some research and just street parked after dropping off wife with the luggage. The breakfast benefit for Diamond is a joke. Basically you can grab any non hot food but the definition of non hot is not clear. If I recall, certain pastries are off limits. What made it hard is that the food display is buffet style so you have to weave through the selections and figure out which one you can or cannot take. Otherwise the up charge is $20 or something ridiculous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.