Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Be persistent.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Book through CitiThankYou portal and got an email that I have updated booking numbers and should use those numbers to check-in... hmm... am I good? I'll probably call TY to add my Marriott number so I can see if I can pull up the reservation on the Ritz website..
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Book through CitiThankYou portal and got an email that I have updated booking numbers and should use those numbers to check-in... hmm... am I good? I'll probably call TY to add my Marriott number so I can see if I can pull up the reservation on the Ritz website..
Before calling CitiTY, you probably can try on the Ritz Carlton website to see if you can pull up your reservation. Sign into your Marriott account, and see if you can add reservation. I am not entirely sure if it works though, because apparently RC Singapore does not participate in the Marriott/Ritz rewards, at all. Good luck!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
when is your stay ? I've 2 booked for different May weekends and havent received anything yet.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:39 am

Last night I tried using the reference numbers from both my Chase reservations and my Citi reservations on the Ritz website and none were recognized. I was on mobile so will try again when at home.

Curiously I just got a second round of confirmations from Citi/Connections for all of the reservations made theough them - it was a bit unexpected as these reservations are not until 2019, but it is welcome (and more fuel for my fight... if I choose that route).

Still keeping an open mind. As was eluded to earlier, this the game we play, so we’ll see where it goes and where I take it.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:20 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:41 am
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Looks like it's getting honored by Chase/Citi...
atcanobbio likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:30 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Has anyone reported a stay yet?
Old May 1, 2018, 2:47 pm

Do you have any data points?

The rabbit whole gets deeper -- I just received an email from Getaroom (?) confirming a reservation. The dates match the reservation I made with Connexions via the Chase Travel portal however the confirmation numbers are different and, more curiously, although my name is listed as the guest, the booking details list the name, address and credit card number (last 4) of someone else.

The price on this confirmation says $346/night and states that it is prepaid.

As before, I am in no rush, so will likely sit on this for at least another week or so before I start doing some digging...
Old May 1, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lennys26v2
Do you have any data points?

The rabbit whole gets deeper -- I just received an email from Getaroom (?) confirming a reservation. The dates match the reservation I made with Connexions via the Chase Travel portal however the confirmation numbers are different and, more curiously, although my name is listed as the guest, the booking details list the name, address and credit card number (last 4) of someone else.

The price on this confirmation says $346/night and states that it is prepaid.

As before, I am in no rush, so will likely sit on this for at least another week or so before I start doing some digging...
when is your stay ? have one night booked for next week but haven't received anything yet.

Also "Pre-paid" ... isn't it supposed to be a refundable booking ?
Old May 1, 2018, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
when is your stay ? have one night booked for next week but haven't received anything yet.

Also "Pre-paid" ... isn't it supposed to be a refundable booking ?
My stay(s) are not until March 2019.

Yes — all of the initial bookings and confirmations did say refundable “up to the night before the stay”, although they did charge me at the time of booking. THIS latest email states clearly that it is not refundable.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:10 pm

...sorry for the double post but I was just doing a bit of digging and have found that the address on this latest confirmation is Googling to be the address for “Carlson Leisure Travel Services” in Coeur, MO. The bookers email address is [email protected] and, running the bookers name on the interweb and it is the Operations Manager for Connexions Loyalty.

Interesting. I wonder if this is Connexions doing a ‘corrected’ booking in order to honor mine.

Still none of the confirmation numbers on this latest email work in the RitzCarlton reservation page.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Plat
I made two reservations, one for 2018 and one for 2019 via the chase ultimate rewards portal, both reservations are for 25 days
I got a call from ultimate rewards yesterday, saying that their guideline is the honor only 1 reservation per customer, with up to 14 days of staying.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:41 pm

chiming back in, received booking confirmation email from Connexions. but as @Lennys26v2 has said, none of the confirmation numbers work in RitzCarlton reservation page.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by darkobeatsdeath
I made two reservations, one for 2018 and one for 2019 via the chase ultimate rewards portal, both reservations are for 25 days
I got a call from ultimate rewards yesterday, saying that their guideline is the honor only 1 reservation per customer, with up to 14 days of staying.
Hoping this is "new" as I had previous reservations that they agreed to fix.

Also regarding the non-refundable comments above, the person I spoke to that agreed to fix the reservations stated that they would be paying the difference but it would now become a non-refundable/changeable reservation.

Last edited by sam_goh; May 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.