FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1905331-expired-ritz-carlton-singapore-mistake-rate-will-honored.html)

SethLevy Apr 21, 2018 4:16 pm

[EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored?

I was checking the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel website for hotels in Singapore - I stumbled upon a rate of $17.00 for a regular room and $37.00 for a suite at Ritz Carlton Singapore. I know this is a mistake rate, but I tried to book it anyway and was able to book both a regular room and suite for the night of July 5. Received confirmation for the hotel nights from Chase and points 3,039 for the suite and 1,610 for the regular room. What is the likelihood the bookings will be honored and how to I confirm prior to just showing up at the hotel only to find I have no reservation? Looking for feedback on how others have dealt with Chase Rewards rate mistakes. Thanks.

solewalker Apr 21, 2018 6:30 pm

I just booked two nights, for this weekend. If it's canceled, I guess I'll be first to inform you.

Deltahater Apr 21, 2018 6:53 pm

mine was cancelled last week. Luckily this was for May 2018, so I have time to find something new

Lennys26v2 Apr 21, 2018 7:00 pm

It also comes up on the CP concierge (with 4th night free), however (hehe), I chose to apply the available $50 discount promo that they have on and I purchased at ~$13.50/night.

Small room -- No suites found at this rate. Darn.

solewalker Apr 21, 2018 7:07 pm

There might be an error on these sites, because the smallest rooms in RC Singapore are 51 SQM/549 Sq Ft

Lennys26v2 Apr 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker (Post 29669019)
There might be an error on these sites, because the smallest rooms in RC Singapore are 51 SQM/549 Sq Ft

Well, at this price, I cant be surprised (or disappointed) if I booked the broom closet! :)

solewalker Apr 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Lennys26v2 (Post 29669038)
Well, at this price, I cant be surprised (or disappointed) if I booked the broom closet! :)

If it's good enough for Harry Potter, it's good enough for you :D

SethLevy Apr 21, 2018 8:29 pm

It will be interesting to see how they handle this issue. I just checked the Citi Thank You site and it too is offering the rooms at $20 a night, stating there is a special sale and only select rooms are available at the sale rate. If this error was on the Ritz site, I have no doubt it would be honored. But with a third party agency, I assume they will just cancel and say sorry, system error. I know, I know, I have no right to think they should honor such an obvious mistake. Perhaps they will give a few extra Chase reward points for the trouble.

yosithezet Apr 21, 2018 10:06 pm

I was unable to find the suite. But I was successful in booking two different weekends. One a double and one two twins.

solewalker Apr 21, 2018 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by SethLevy (Post 29669164)
It will be interesting to see how they handle this issue. I just checked the Citi Thank You site and it too is offering the rooms at $20 a night, stating there is a special sale and only select rooms are available at the sale rate. If this error was on the Ritz site, I have no doubt it would be honored. But with a third party agency, I assume they will just cancel and say sorry, system error. I know, I know, I have no right to think they should honor such an obvious mistake. Perhaps they will give a few extra Chase reward points for the trouble.

Not Chase, but the last time there was such an error on the Amex travel portal, I believe they actually honored the booking, and coughed up the difference themselves.

kevinflyaway Apr 22, 2018 11:33 am

Any chance to book this without the Chase Rewards website (A)

mster Apr 23, 2018 12:50 am

-----

enigmatic Apr 23, 2018 9:23 am

Looks like they pulled the ritz from their booking engine (tried to book another night haha)
No cancellation letter in sight so we may be in luck :-)

SethLevy Apr 23, 2018 2:31 pm

They are likely not going to honor the reservation. I called Chase to ask if the reservation was confirmed and they indicated that it was but not for the Ritz Singapore, but some other hotel in Chiangmai Thailand. The agent said the system would have caught the error when it sends names and other information to the hotel, generally about a week to a few days before the actual stay. She confirmed that the room types, both regular room and suite, are not even offered at the Ritz. She further indicated to me that no reasonable person would have believed they could get a suite or room at the hotel for $20, including all taxes. While I know most people think you should never call on a mistake rate - I think that should only be true for bookings made directly on the hotel website, not 3rd Party sites, where you are more likely to show-up and the hotel will not have a clue who you are. For those that booked, I encourage to reach out to Chase, or whoever you booked it with, and ask them your options. While I do not want to share the details of what I worked out with Chase, suffice it to say - an acceptable compromise was reached.

KosherKimchee Apr 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by SethLevy (Post 29675339)
For those that booked, I encourage to reach out to Chase, or whoever you booked it with, and ask them your options. While I do not want to share the details of what I worked out with Chase, suffice it to say - an acceptable compromise was reached.

Not trying to pry but does the end result involve a stay at the Ritz in Singapore? I booked one night with TYP from the Citi portal. Wont be too heartbroken if cancelled, will just use transit hotel or Crowne Plaza Changi instead.