Reload this Page >

$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:31 am

Got the $40 about a week after completing the stay. Refunded to citi prestige mastercard.

Any idea if this offer is stackable with 7% topcashback? Anyone have success using the $40 off 80 3x?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:33 pm

Ok lets try again....

Can multiple $40 credits be attained?
Earlier in thread it is stated that yes, a user was able to get more than one credit....
BUT follow up question was did they use the same booking.com account and the same credit card?

A user just posted that only one offer per person.

So which one is it?

Have my first stay early november so hopefully that posts but made more bookings for january, one on a 2nd account I had, and the other on the account of my november booking.

Thanks
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You have made the bookings already so why do need to know/to be certain that you will get a US$ 40 refund for all bookings? I guess you will have to see what happens after your stay - like the rest of us with multible bookings made. Nobody in this forum will be able to tell you with certainity whether or not you will get multible refunds.

I suggest the following: Assume that will only get 1 refund, then you may be positively surprised in January. Much better than to expect more than 1 refund and get disappointed...
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Happy
I finished a stay check out on Aug 17. Got an email today Aug 20th to "claim" the USD 40 reward. However the link inside the email simply brought me to booking.com site. After logging in, I still do not see HOW to claim the reward.
I already have linked Visa card in my profile that is selected to receive reward. However it seems to only related to referral reward. Currently my profile shows 0 reward is available.

The reservation for the stay that earned the rebate can no longer be opened.

So exactly how one "claims" the $40 rebate?
Same happened to me today as per the post that replied I will just wait and report back
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You have made the bookings already so why do need to know/to be certain that you will get a US$ 40 refund for all bookings? I guess you will have to see what happens after your stay - like the rest of us with multible bookings made. Nobody in this forum will be able to tell you with certainity whether or not you will get multible refunds.

I suggest the following: Assume that will only get 1 refund, then you may be positively surprised in January. Much better than to expect more than 1 refund and get disappointed...

bookings 2 &3 were made solely due to this offer and its rebate. If it is not going to post, i do not need the additional dates. a 3 star downtown san diego property at $44 is a worthwhile reason to extend a stay. the same property at $84, not as much incentive to extend the stay.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
bookings 2 &3 were made solely due to this offer and its rebate. If it is not going to post, i do not need the additional dates. a 3 star downtown san diego property at $44 is a worthwhile reason to extend a stay. the same property at $84, not as much incentive to extend the stay.
I just received this note after booking and modifying 2 new stays with the code:

Your cash reward
You’ll receive US$40 after you’ve completed your stay.
Oops – it looks like you’ve made several bookings with your special offer. That’s no problem, your bookings won’t be affected. But our special offer is only valid for one booking so you’ll still only receive one cash reward.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I had two back to back bookings this week at different properties in which I had used the $40 off promotion.. after the first stay I received an email that the claim will process.. after the second stay no notices at all.. so there may be an issue with more than one claim being used.. stay tuned
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Back in July, I managed with back to back bookings to get three $40 credits and two 75 euro credits. After that, unfortunately but not surprisingly, none of the bookings gave any further rebate, so booking.com must have realized the glitch and stopped multiple payouts.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by dh01
Back in July, I managed with back to back bookings to get three $40 credits and two 75 euro credits. After that, unfortunately but not surprisingly, none of the bookings gave any further rebate, so booking.com must have realized the glitch and stopped multiple payouts.
Interesting, is this 75 eur credit still available? I did a 20+20 AUD recently and it just posted too (not a referral).
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:11 pm

Here's something I didn't think about.

According to the terms only 3 different "campaigns" can be taken advantage of each year, one of each. Well if you did spend $80 get $40 back in 2017, you should be good with doing it again in 2018. My 2nd stay one same account in the following year. I should be good. I'll contact booking to double check and get it in writing that I'm indeed good to go.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SK AAR

^^^ Baffling why some seem obsessed with will they or won't they save $40 multiple times. If you find a lower rate on another booking site go with that. Or refer a friend and you'll each get $25. I think the initial offer was incredibly generous for a low cost room, $80, so that alone was a nice reward.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:02 am

Does anyone know if this deal has expired or not? I read through the thread, found two links that showed the green banner ($40usd off min $200usd and other is $40usd off min $80usd)

From Canada looking to book hotel in Hong Kong for Jan 2018. Will be spending over $80/$200usd limit, but want to make sure that I'd be getting the reward and not get screwed over come Jan 2018 as I checkout. (Non refundable room).

Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Trip report.

$40 OFF $80
Check-out on 01-Oct-2017
Got Email about $40 reward on 02-Oct-2017
Got Email that $40 has beed sent on 04-Oct-2017
Got money back on 05-Oct-2017 (But it actually appears on my online statement today)

$25 OFF $50
Check-out on 03-Oct-2017
Got Email about $25 reward on 04-Oct-2017
Got Email that $25 has beed sent on 06-Oct-2017
Got money back on: Still waiting but it should appears on my online statement no later than Teusday

FYI: Same account, same credit card (VISA)
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:48 am

Do you have a link for the $25 off 50?

Originally Posted by thanaset
Trip report.

$40 OFF $80
Check-out on 01-Oct-2017
Got Email about $40 reward on 02-Oct-2017
Got Email that $40 has beed sent on 04-Oct-2017
Got money back on 05-Oct-2017 (But it actually appears on my online statement today)

$25 OFF $50
Check-out on 03-Oct-2017
Got Email about $25 reward on 04-Oct-2017
Got Email that $25 has beed sent on 06-Oct-2017
Got money back on: Still waiting but it should appears on my online statement no later than Teusday

FYI: Same account, same credit card (VISA)
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I had two back to back bookings this week at different properties in which I had used the $40 off promotion.. after the first stay I received an email that the claim will process.. after the second stay no notices at all.. so there may be an issue with more than one claim being used.. stay tuned
First one credited very quickly second one crickets..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.