Search

$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com {expired}

Saw this on SD this morning.

Book $80+ on booking.com get 40 back after you stay.

aa.com, scroll down to news and offers.

https://www.aa.com/homePage.do

https://www.booking.com/index.html?a...VttWUR_RtvB8A#

Last edited by redreeper; Feb 3, 2018 at 4:28 am Reason: expired
Old May 30, 2017, 6:23 pm

Thanks!!
Old May 30, 2017, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I always find it really hard to trust the "money back later" things. I wish they'd just give the darn discount.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:07 pm

Two years ago there was an amazing cash back deal... $15 off each booking

I was just about to start my travels to Philippines, Malaysia etc. Considering the low prices there it made huge difference and I book everything through booking.com - even though agoda, hotels etc were cheaper.

It took 90 days after the stay to get credited.

Long story short - they changed the T&C with effective date "3 months ago" and I got just about $60 while paid significantly more in compare with using other sites :/
Old May 31, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I was already watching the rates in downtown Philadelphia when I saw the hotel I wanted to stay at appear on the site. Since it was the same rate, I decided to book. I hope it works out. Their website isn't clear if this is a $40 credit to my credit card, or a $40 credit to Booking.com Since I use that website every so often (they allow you to cancel at will, and they don't charge your account until you check out) I decided to book.

My stay is end of June.

dh
Old May 31, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
(they allow you to cancel at will, and they don't charge your account until you check out)
this is a general misconception - cancelation policies are set by the hotels and are, like prices, largely identical on the big hotel reservation portals.

I also booked a two night stay, shortening another stay I am currently on. Let's see how it goes, T&C state that a maximum of 3 credits are given per year, so I assume it will be a credit for booking.com
Old May 31, 2017, 10:15 am

Can any of you tell me what do you see on Referrals webpage?

I just see this stating something about just 10 € discount.

Old May 31, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I was already watching the rates in downtown Philadelphia when I saw the hotel I wanted to stay at appear on the site. Since it was the same rate, I decided to book. I hope it works out. Their website isn't clear if this is a $40 credit to my credit card, or a $40 credit to Booking.com Since I use that website every so often (they allow you to cancel at will, and they don't charge your account until you check out) I decided to book.

My stay is end of June.

dh
How the credit is administered is in the T&Cs. I encourage you to read them so you're set up for success.
Old May 31, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Moorea
How the credit is administered is in the T&Cs. I encourage you to read them so you're set up for success.
I did read them, but I may have been fine print impaired at that late hour. I'm still under the impression it wasn't clear. Either way, doesn't matter since I use this particular website on an irregular basis.

dh
Old May 31, 2017, 6:28 pm

The terms were clear to me that the $40 would be a credit to your CREDIT CARD, not to booking.com. Did someone else read otherwise?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
The terms were clear to me that the $40 would be a credit to your CREDIT CARD, not to booking.com. Did someone else read otherwise?
That was my interpretation as well. There's some notes about creating an account and all that. It's pretty clear when you read it.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by JakubH
Long story short - they changed the T&C with effective date "3 months ago" and I got just about $60 while paid significantly more in compare with using other sites :/
You booked under the old T&C and should receive rebates accordingly. Unless the wording in the old T&C stated they could retroactively change the policy they can't make you abide by new terms when booked under the old.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:51 am

Targeted?

I only have a Rocketmiles offer on my AA.com page. Is this targeted or dead?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Pcsl
Can any of you tell me what do you see on Referrals webpage?

I just see this stating something about just 10 € discount.

Actually the same question - I've booked couple of nights with 40$ offer, but than got a mail with the link to referral booking, and the ammount is there in my local currency and is much less than 40 USD for each booking.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:44 am

This worked like a charm -

Booked 5/21
Stayed 5/22
Credit posted to my Chase Visa 5/26.

Looks like promo is still live based on the direct Booking.com link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.