25 USD off any hotel or hotel/car booking, no min spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25 USD off any hotel or hotel/car booking, no min spend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by aldemar
There are reports that Amex-Travel charged the full amount as if there was no voucher entered.
My charges haven't posted yet, but if they do this I will definitely do a dispute and chargeback, since they can't take more money than what was quoted just like that. Either cancel the reservation and refund, or charge the quoted amount.

And this basically makes me never want to use amex travel services for any non-promo reasons ever. Waking up to an email saying the flights you booked yesterday were cancelled is not fun. Getting charged without promo rate is also unacceptable.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:00 pm

I booked 4 nights in Buenos Aires (each one for around 15 euros) on saturday. I checked my cc online statement and so far my card hasn't been charged. Anyone can confirm if his card has been charged with the correct amount?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:36 pm

Yeah, my credit card hasn't been charged yet either (not even under Pending Transactions).

I'm concerned about this because at checkin time this can lead to problems. It has actually happened to me once before, where I was booked on an Alaska Airlines flight by AmericanAirlines (due to flight delay bump), and while I held the new boarding pass in hand, AlaskaAir wouldn't let me board because their system recognized that money hasn't been paid to their system (I had to scramble to get some sort of paper voucher from AmericanAirlines travel desk in the airport before they're let me board).
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:50 pm

While my bookings (made Saturday) never showed up as pending transactions, I called AMEX this morning and the rep could see the pending transactions. He couldn't tell why they don't show up on the website. I'll feel much better when they finally post.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:37 am

Same situation. It is odd. But I have seen foreign charges act strange and take a log time to post and (since I used an Amex card I rarely use for anything else) I can see that my available credit has gone down by the correct amount- and the hotel confirmed my booking. I am guessing that those who bought airline tickets that had not yet been issued were the ones who had problems, and those who used the code to book a hotel should be fine. As for those who went on a month-long binge of 20-25 Euro hotel bookings, good luck. Does anybody have the original Ts & Cs for the code?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by aldemar
There are reports that Amex-Travel charged the full amount as if there was no voucher entered.
Count me as one of them. Booked an Alaska flight and got charged full price even though the initial email showed the discount.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:31 pm

Yeah, got billed the nonpromo rate too. This is annoying because if I knew they wouldn't give me the promo rate, I would've booked directly on AlaskaAir with their low-price guarantee.

Opened up a dispute with Amex, lets see how that goes.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by noamaan
Yeah, got billed the nonpromo rate too. This is annoying because if I knew they wouldn't give me the promo rate, I would've booked directly on AlaskaAir with their low-price guarantee.

I tried to call Amex Travel Germany but could not understand anything the automatic voice was saying. It hung up at every option I chose so I assumed the office was closed. I will try to call back when they're open
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, Sun Country Ufly
2/5 still waiting for even pending transaction posts on my Delta AMEX card.

Idk whether to be worried or go with the flow. My trip is next month
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:37 pm

I booked a hotel using this promo over the weekend, but my card isn't charged yet as of today...hmmmm
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:59 am

my card is also not charged for my hotel bookings yet.
who cares.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:16 pm

Had no problems with check-in yesterday and card not charged yet.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:47 pm

While nothing shows in pending or

posted, the credit line certainly reflects the purchase....as of Feb 6 evening.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:25 am

still not charged for my 24 single Hotel Bookings and everything perfect at check in with the voucher.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by noamaan

Same and same with Alaska.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.