Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kshahk
Please don't acquire these in hopes of trading them. They are not freely transferable.

Items on sale or otherwise reasonably priced to help get to $250:
()

Full list of participating products:
https://www.riteaidrewardrequest.com/YouYear/Products

Qualified Hotels:
http://www.certificates.hyatt.com/Pa...s.aspx/Premier

This is now confirmed for international Hyatt Hotels.

If you order online the order confirmation page will display reward codes (1 for each $50 in purchase).

$15 off $75+ RiteAid.com code: GET15OFF
Print Wikipost

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by mster
Any product deals to help folks lose less money buying overpriced drugstore sized containers (vs costco, grocery etc.)?
Check the weekly newspaper sales online or in the store, and also the online coupons available.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by lorribarnes
Can people please post experiences of changing dates etc? I want to do this but want to do it for one certain hotel only. It does seem to require you to give three separate hotels etc. I would need to change it once I got the certs. Experiences please once it starts to roll out..
I'm interested in this as well. I can find a use for the stay, but if there is a way to cancel dates and get the certificates I'd prefer to do that.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:43 am

Anyone know if you can use the GET15OFF code on RiteAid.com multiple times on the same account? Seems like it would be worth it to make 3 orders of $75 and get $15 off each one, $45 off total. Would certainly alleviate the sting of the higher RA prices on some of the household goods like Tide/Bounce/Brawny and make it more reasonable to stock up.

If it would only work once per account though, far less attractive.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Thanks for posting this. I just bought a bunch of Nicorette and will resell on eBay. The GET15OFF code only works once per account. I started by registering for a wellness+ card and logging in, then by registering to redeem on the Happy You Year site, then by making the purchases. I had a $79 transaction (reduced to $64) and then a $190 transaction. I got one code with the first transaction and four codes with the second transaction, added them all to my account, and redeemed them for the certificate right away, which I will put in today's mail. We'll see how it goes.

Originally Posted by kaiguy
I went for this deal. A little wary though:

"All Rewards are available until supplies last and are further subject to promotional availability. Should a requested Reward not be available at time of redemption by Customer then TRCo Marketing (“Promoter”) may offer the Customer an alternative Reward within the same qualifying Tier or alternative reward of equal or greater value."

Looks like these terms make it easy for them to use the Hyatt offer as a teaser but bait-and-switch you with two photography lessons instead.
Time of redemption appears to be when you redeem the points online for the 2 Night Hotel Stay Certificate, not when you go to book the hotel.

Be careful - when you redeem for the hotel certificate that you have to mail in, you have to click to open a PDF and print it right then (or at least save it to a PDF) -- there's no way to return to the site to access the certificate at a later time.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:59 am

You can use multiple times. No problem when I did with my orders.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:07 am

On the fence as to whether I should try this deal.
The only Hyatt stay I have planned before summer is for the FTU in Dallas, which is held at the Hyatt Regency DFW Airport, which is one of the hotels on the RA list. Special event rates for that hotel are $99/month, so this deal could save me $200+. If availability isn't there, the Grand Hyatt DFW is also on the list, as well as about a dozen other hotels in the Dallas area. The problem is that I really don't need a whole lot of items on that list.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
My, oh my. I've never seen so many t&c.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
I can confirm that this was a legit promotion. I just completed all steps and received a confirmed booking with Hyatt at an international location. Best $250 I spent on RiteAid.

There is still time for those of you on the fence. Go for it while there is still time.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:31 pm

The agents on the phone are really helpful and mail the 2 night certificates out quickly. I suggest mailing registered mail so it does not get lost.
The properties I am checking out are $129 and up per night, so a very good value.

Thanks to the original poster.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by kshahk
I can confirm that this was a legit promotion. I just completed all steps and received a confirmed booking with Hyatt at an international location. Best $250 I spent on RiteAid.

There is still time for those of you on the fence. Go for it while there is still time.
Good to know it's easy. Mine just went in the mail today Priority with signature confirmation. I don't have much travel plans so I'm hoping to be able to cancel to be able to use the certificates at a later date. If not, I still plan to make good use of the nights.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:08 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by pilgrim
The agents on the phone are really helpful and mail the 2 night certificates out quickly. I suggest mailing registered mail so it does not get lost.
Have you received the Hyatt certificates? Are they Premier category? There are now some properties on the list that weren't on the original one.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:59 am

I just completed my booking at the Hyatt in Bali so I can confirm this works out even if it's a somewhat lengthy process. Rates were going for $179/nt at the hotel. For everyone considering this, I've laid out the process below based on my experience.

Process:
- After completing the $250 spend and getting the 5th redemption code you select the Hyatt for 2 nights as your redemption.
- Next you receive a form that you have to fill out and mail in along with your picture ID. This is just your information and ID, not your booking requests. I used certified mail to be safe.
- You will receive an online booking form to select your three hotels and nights even if you haven't mailed your other form in. I selected three hotels for dates I could live with even if I didn't get my first choice.
- I mailed my redemption form in on a Thursday, it arrived at the TLC PO Box the following Monday. It took until Wednesday of the following week to be contacted so you will have to wait the full 8 days they mention in the T&Cs.
- Agent gave me my first choice and reconfirmed the dates and everything.
- They make the booking for you on the phone and require a CC number to hold the booking. They then mail you the two certificates to use for your stay.
- Per the agent, the bookings are cancellable up to 72 hours before the stay.

If you're still considering this, check around for free after rebate items that Rite Aid sells. That took care of some of the required spend for me.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by MilesMath
I just completed my booking at the Hyatt in Bali so I can confirm this works out even if it's a somewhat lengthy process. Rates were going for $179/nt at the hotel. For everyone considering this, I've laid out the process below based on my experience.

Process:
- After completing the $250 spend and getting the 5th redemption code you select the Hyatt for 2 nights as your redemption.
- Next you receive a form that you have to fill out and mail in along with your picture ID. This is just your information and ID, not your booking requests. I used certified mail to be safe.
- You will receive an online booking form to select your three hotels and nights even if you haven't mailed your other form in. I selected three hotels for dates I could live with even if I didn't get my first choice.
- I mailed my redemption form in on a Thursday, it arrived at the TLC PO Box the following Monday. It took until Wednesday of the following week to be contacted so you will have to wait the full 8 days they mention in the T&Cs.
- Agent gave me my first choice and reconfirmed the dates and everything.
- They make the booking for you on the phone and require a CC number to hold the booking. They then mail you the two certificates to use for your stay.
- Per the agent, the bookings are cancellable up to 72 hours before the stay.

If you're still considering this, check around for free after rebate items that Rite Aid sells. That took care of some of the required spend for me.
Great to know they mail you the certificates and you can cancel the stay. How long are the certificates good for?

Also, I redeemed for the hotel stay over the weekend. My form was mailed yesterday. However, you are saying you receive an online booking form before the mailed in form is actually received? If so, I need to be looking for that because I haven't received it.

Thanks for the outline...great information to know.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:37 am

I think I'm going to give this promo a try but want to make sure I understand everything.

The FAQ states that the pre-coupon (pre-discount) price is what matters. Can someone confirm this? So I can use the $15 off $75 coupon in 3 separate transactions ($85 x3) and get $15 off each transaction, and I will still get the 5 redemption codes? I can even apply other coupons from RA or manufacturer and drop the final total down to $150, and still get the 2 nights? I know RA has high prices, but this sounds almost too good to be true.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
To all the people that have redeem for Hyatt or any one gathering points, does it have to be the items on the product list or can I get 30 cases of coke?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.